“January Vacation!”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Negril
“January Vacation!”
Reviewed 3 February 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed here for four nights and we were very happy with the experience! The staff at the hotel was very friendly and welcoming. The location is amazing, I don't think it can be beat! We were right on the beach and within walking distance to restaurants and bars on the beach. The hotel has an excellent part of the beach with sun chairs and we lounged out there several days and were not disturbed. Now, there are people on the beach who sell stuff, but they didn't bother us. The room was very nice, large comfy bed, hammock on the porch, very quiet and peaceful, hot water, and cable tv. The hotel included a breakfast buffet each morning at no additional cost, consisting of fresh fruit, an omelet station, and some jamaican cuisine. Very friendly staff assisting us with breakfast, coffee was delicious and the view from the upper restaurant was amazing!! We will definitely stay here again in the future, can not think of anything that wasn't up to par. They have taxis right outside the property for getting around town, but we walked a lot on the main road and sampled several Jerk Chicken vendors, which I highly recommend!! Check out Blue Dandy Jerk Chicken for sure!! They also have tour guides in the hotel lobby and we were able to set up a tour to Mayfield Falls which was fantastic. Hotel clerk also helped us contact a scuba diving company and they came to pick us up. Great service!! Thanks so much Negril Tree House!!

Room Tip: Room 49 I think, a few feet away from the beach, but very quiet and very nice!

2 Thank Michael M

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 31 January 2014

A girlfriend and I spent the week before Christmas at the Tree House, and came back thoroughly relaxed. I had purchased a 5-night stay with round trip ground transfers from MoBay through Living Social, and I think that may have been one of the best deals of my life. The resort doesn't have a formal reservation system, which gave me pause at first, but it turned out that I didn't need to worry - it took just a couple of emails to reserve the room and set up the transfers. We were given a double twin bed room on the second floor of one of the buildings at the very back of the resort with a decent view on the one side of the gardens, and a not-quite-as-nice view of the outbuildings on the other side (which didn't matter too much, since the windows were closed most of the time we were in the room). Since we were close to the road, there was some residual noise coming from a club down the street one night, but it didn't last long enough to be really bothersome. The room was kept very clean throughout our stay, the mattresses were on the firm side, and the bathroom was almost as big as the main room itself. The only drawback was that the walls are pretty thin, so if the college students in the room next to you decide to throw a party, you're going to be included whether you wish to be or not. The complimentary breakfast buffet was more than adequate, with the omelets my favorite part. The resort keeps its beach areas very neat, and we weren't too bothered by the beach vendors and always felt secure. The resident "fruit lady" was a nice bonus, I managed to eat a pineapple a day all by myself (btw, she'd prefer to be paid in American dollars). We took a basic sightseeing/shopping trip and a glass bottom boat/snorkeling trip through the resort, and thought both were reasonably priced. It was only the two of us on the boat, but they took us out anyway, which was appreciated. Only ate on site twice; the restaurant/bar meal was okay, the jerk chicken dinner was pretty good. If/when I return to Negril, I'm pretty sure the Tree House will be home base again.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Stratford, Canada
Reviewed 30 January 2014

We just spent eight days in Negril at the Negril Treehouse Resort and what can I say...it was fabulous.
The Treehouse is a laid back, small, quiet resort that is nestled right on the beach in Negril. We literally lived on that beach for eight days. The sunset was spectacular. The beach has so much character with the vendors walking up and down selling their items. We bought orange juice and banana bread everyday. The most beautiful time to walk up the beach is at about 8:00 am. The water is tranquil and calm and the beach feels like silk on your feet. You hear about people feeling bombarded by the sellers on the beach but let me tell you this....your favorite words need to be "no thank you"...if you hesitate or say maybe...you're done. Just say no thank you. Not a single person ever showed us any negativity. The end result was always.."no problem man - "peace and respect". It was that easy. And I enjoyed them..the guitar playing, the interesting people. It is all part of the charm. I just can't say enough about how much I loved it.
The Treehouse itself is very quaint. It is one of the resorts that has been around for over thirty years. Check in was simple. We were taken to our room which was very cute and located in the 20's which is quiet and away from the hustle and bustle of the beach. The only thing I would say that is slightly negative about the Treehouse is that the walls are very thin. You can hear alot of noise from the other rooms. The lady beside us must have been deaf because she had her TV on very loud and we had to knock at her door around 11:30 to turn it off.
The resort is primarily middle aged couples who are quiet and friendly. There were a couple of families and some young people who clearly seemed to be enjoying themselves.
The bartenders were ok...we don't drink so we didn't really build a relationship with them but we could see that they certainly were connected to some of the guests. Chef Alan was hilarious and friendly and he cooked jerk chicken every day while singing and talking to all the "movie stars in the house". He was such a great character. The servers were always friendly and efficient. We had one girl bring coffee to our outside deck every morning at 7:00am. We tipped her $2.00 every day. It was such a nice way to wake up. Our room was always perfectly cleaned every day too.
The breakfast was good. Everything you could want or need to start your day.
I got to meet Gail on the last day. She was a lovely as everyone said.
I personally loved the Negril Treehouse. I would highly recommend it if you are looking for a great, casual getaway. I have been to Mexico, Cuba and the Dominican Republic and the Negril beach is by far the most amazing beach I have ever been to. It is so very worth it.
I will be back.

Room Tip: All the rooms are good. After looking around I would say Room 27 is great. It is on the second flo...
2 Thank Shauna130
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 30 January 2014

The room was very clean and the staff is friendly . They have a great beach which is public so alot of locals wanting to sell you stuff but a quick no and they move on . Not much night entertainment but there is a margaretaville bar besides it . I would go back and stay there again . Negril is the best place to visit in Jamaica

Stayed January 2014, travelled with family

2 Thank steven a
Newark, Delaware
Reviewed 29 January 2014

We visited the Treehouse in January of 2014. The resort consists of small individual houses (ground floor and second floor) at various distances from the beach. Our group had two different rooms, one at the ground level and one on the second floor. The second floor room was very small, really a bit claustrophobic, but with a little bit of a view from the deck and with a comfortable table and chairs outside. One room had a king sized bed and the other two twins. The rooms varied a bit in comfort so it is important to look at the room you are given and to ask for a different room if you don't like it. We had no problems with the A/C or fan and the in-room safe was very helpful.

The hotel is right next to the beach, a narrow but pleasant white sand beach. The room rate includes an excellent breakfast, one that always includes a couple of local dishes like chicken curry in addition to tropical fruit, eggs prepared at your request, waffles, porridge, and grits. The breakfast is served in a pleasant covered area over the lobby.

This is probably as nice as any hotel along the 7 Mile Beach. The whole beach is bit congested with venders etc., and there is no coral or fish at all. This is not a resort on an unspoiled tropical beach. Only one beach in the area comes close to being that (Half moon Beach). The staff of the hotel were always pleasant and helpful. I recommend it but with those reservations.

Room Tip: We like room 12 but it is cramped.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Peter C
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 27 January 2014

As great a time that my wife and I had in Negril I would not recommend the Tree House. The beds were incredibly stiff and we found it difficult to sleep along with an broken ac unit that was never fixed during our stay. The front desk staff was very uninterested in any of the guests we witnessed seeking help including ourselves. Upon arrival we were the only people at the front desk and the lady working the front desk didn't acknowledge us until we spoke to her even though she had watched us unloaded and walk up to the desk from the taxi. The restaurant staff had a similar attitude and the food was not very good nor worth the price paid. The bar tender stood over us while we signed our recipe as if to check that we tipped him... for two drinks that we stopped to get before laying out on the beach. To top it off a call came to our room from the front desk... after a random guy that we think may have been a beach vendor we spoke with came to the front desk asking for us. We told the front desk lady on the phone that we were not sure who this person was and that we did not care to speak with them. 5 minutes later our room phone rang again and it was the guy the front desk lady was referring to....She had given him our room number and phone extension....This was the last straw. Talk about compromising guest safety. We still are unsure who it was but I told the man to not contact us again and called the front desk and requested the person not be on the property when we came down that morning.

8 Thank arexse7en
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2014

Tree House is well located, right in the middle of 7-mile beach, so that there are hotels, shops, activities and restaurants on either side, within easy walking distance. Restaurants on "The Cliff" in Negril require a cab ride of $10-16 each way. Tree House staff were always very friendly and helpful. Although this was our first visit, we met many guests who were repeat visitors, some spanning many years. Very good breakfasts, always including some Jamaican dishes which we enjoyed. Allan ("Chef to the movie stars"), the jerk chicken and pork chef was a treat, and makes very good jerk! The restaurant was also good. Plenty of loungers on the beach, and fresh beach towels whenever you asked for them. The free Wi-Fi in the lobby was greatly appreciated. Thanks to everyone at Tree House - especially Ian the gardener, who found a delicious breadfruit for us, and had it roasted so we could eat it with our jerk chicken - something we've wanted to eat for years, and which we greatly enjoyed! He also takes meticulous care of the plants and landscaping, so the grounds were really attractive.

Room Tip: All rooms seem to be good, but if you want an ocean view, be sure to ask for rooms 1 to 6, or suites...

1 Thank Dick C