“This is my spot!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Houston, Texas
“This is my spot!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This was my 4th stay at the treehouse and I can't get enough! We take a ladies trip out here annually and each time I have enjoyed myself immensely. First of all, there is no beach better in Jamaica and to have immediate access right when u step out your suite is top notch! The staff, love them. They are so accommodating, funny, entertaining and make you feel like you're home. Chef Allen, that freakin chicken can't get any better. Leon and Patricks drinks, the breakfast, music, too much to mention. This is not all inclusive, nor is it brand spanking new. I'm the person out if all my friends who is a major 'hotel snob' just because I've traveled a lot and stayed in some pretty upscale places due to work or great deals I caught; Treehouse may be older in age but Gayles upgrades to the property put it right in line with her competition. I can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Suites on the beach....best view, great to wake up to.
3 Thank April R

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Finnish first
Fort Dix, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

Had a 5day/4night stay at the TreeHouse/Negril and it was a GREAT vacation due to my being with my friends/sisters. The 'TH' suite was nice, clean, spacious and had 2 bathrooms which was awesome and a fabulous balcony. The twin murphy beds need NEW mattresses as they are NOT comfortable at all. Beach area (great location), lobby and beach bar were all clean and welcoming. Staff was friendly but only Allen the chef and Leon the bartender spoke to us on a regular/daily basis. The breakfast buffet that was included was good as breakfast is the most important meal of the day and it saved a few pennies.

We did not meet Ms. Gail as I had read on so many reviews. Although I must say I was taken back a bit when we were lounging on the beach and Ms. Gail came out to speak to, sit with and show a newer suite to another group of young ladies but made no effort to even say "HELLO" to us as she walked by us at least 2 times, guess we aren't VIP guests. I do not understand in this day and age hotels/resorts only offering WiFi in the lobby, mmmm can you buy a few more routers so that your guests can relax and stay in touch with loved ones or even conduct business in the comfort of their rooms/suites and or balconies. The 'TH' can stand put some money into its swimming pool: sorry but chipped and peeling paint is not acceptable.

I must say and say LOUDLY the location and beach is great and you cannot beat that crystal clear blue and sometimes 3 shades of blue water: GOURGEOUS!! In comparison to my stay at Couples Swept Away I have to say I was disappointed in not having any type of resort activities: beach party night, lobster dinner night, pool party night, meet & greet, etc. Oh if you are looking to jet ski, NO GO, 6 month ban, we 'googled' a tourist got killed in Jan. 14. The sunset cruise we did was great: shout out to Captain Joe, hi Omar, Rico and Curry. Overall my stay at the Negril Tree House was good and only great because I was on vacation with my friends/sister. Would I stay again? I honestly cannot say yes, but would for it's location on 7 Mile Beach, Negril, Jamaica.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
Panama City Beach, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I always try to leave a unbiased review of resorts I stay so you will know what you can expect, that way you can decide if this is what you are looking for. Anyway , this is what you can expect based on my travels all over Caribbean . I usually stay at all inclusive resorts but I wanted to get a true island feel and this is what you can expect here and basically all over Negril from what I seen.

Room:

I read numerous reviews about oceanview rooms and suites and was not sure what to expect but I booked a oceanview room to start out with. The air conditioner is a small unit over the bed and the room was probably the smallest room I have ever stayed in, the windows have wooden slats over them and that is what keeps hot air out, there is only a screen behind them. When the sun goes down you will roast in room , believe me , I put towels under door and pulled curtains as tight as I could but it will get hot. If you don't mind this , you will be ok , but if you like to be cold in room you are out of luck. . After 3 nites , I could not take it no more and went to front desk and asked to be moved to different room and they did with no problem, they moved me to a mini suite oceanview , it was really 2 rooms made into one , but alot bigger than the room i left.

This room is about the size of a LaQuinta or Holiday inn room just to give you a comparison. The back room stayed cool but the front room roasted just like the other one and it had its own a/c unit, this led me to believe that the garden view rooms will be cool. I warn you, if you like a cold room do not get oceanview room it is like a blast furnace after 3:00. Water pressure was really bad in first room and toilet would barely flush but 2nd room was a lot better and we had plenty of hot water. Both rooms were really clean and housekeeping keeps it clean. All the reviews are correct , walls are paper thin and you can hear tv, people talking , everything from room next to you. Also , most all rooms have a shared balcony , so people will go over your balcony to get to there room, just fyi.

Grounds and Hotel

Really nice grounds, just like a island paradise. Hotel itself is pretty old , ice maker was out of order the whole time and they had a cooler with ice in it with a scoop if you wanted it. I live in Florida and it reminded me of a 1980''s motel on the beach. The pool was out of order a couple of days but I never seen anybody in it but some kids , this is like an above ground pool and I never once saw an adult in it. The breakfast was pretty good every morning and it was free, you sit outside to eat and have a great view. If you book this , be expecting a 3 star motel and you will be happy.

TreeHouse Bar:

I will devote a special section to this , this is worst service I have ever had and I tipped almost 2 dollars for each beer I bought. They never spoke , and you can forget about a thank you, it got so bad I walked about a mile down the road to buy me a case of beer so I would have to deal with them. I went by one nite and gave them a 5 dollar u.s bill and he just gave me the beer and kept the change. The food is really high there and it takes about a hour to get lunch. We ate there first nite and paid 17.00 u.s for a piece of fish and some rice. If management at TreeHouse is reading this, the employees at the bar are terrible, many of us talked about at the beach so I am not the only one. The one exception is the jerk chicken hut, the singing chef is great , and so is the food.

The area and food beside it:

It is a beautiful area , but you can count on this, you will be approached about every 5 minutes on the beach to buy something. Its no big deal but you just get tired of it after a while. We would walk at night and we would be followed by people sellling goods and would walk about 15 feet behind you. I have come to realize that food in Jamaica is all the same, I ate all over Negril and it is comparable to all inclusives and that is the truth.

Overall:
You get what you pay for, it is good for the price. I noticed in Negril , there are alot of return guest who absolutely love it. If i was staying for a month in Negril I might would pick this because of price. Also too, we did not eat one meal that was in A/C anywhere , sometimes that is good but when its 93 with humidity at 91% no so good. i try to give honest reviews of where I stay and let you know what you willl find.

Room Tip: Be warned, you will roast in ocean view room. I think the garden rooms would be cooler and they loo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Doug0816
Kingston, Jamaica
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

I must say, it was my first time at the Resort and i felt fully Relaxed and enjoyed every moment there. The Staff are very Friendly and Polite. I Honestly didn't want to leave,but had to and i'm looking forward to staying there again,soon. This is the Place to be when you want to get away from work,home,etc and Relax.

Room Tip: My Room was 31 and it was fit for a King
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

boston, ma.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

i recently stayed at the Negril tree house after many years of staying at other hotels up and down the beach , and had one of the best vacations of my life! upon arrival, my check in was fast, and the staff were so helpful getting me settled in. Gail who is the general manager and owner, was so kind and helpful. when i didn't have a coffeemaker the first day, she actually called my room and told me she had a brand new one for me! also when i had some issues with my a.c., the house keeper told me that the maintenance man was buying a new one, and it would be installed the next day. of coarse i didn't believe this would happen, because it just didn't seem like a sure thing! well 2 days later, as i walked back to my room, there was a brand new a.c. in my room!!!!!
there is a managers cocktail party on Saturdays with live entertainment. i really enjoyed these parties. drinks, appetizers and many fun people including the staff Janice, who emceed the party and Beverly, who is the hostess with the mostess! and i must add Gail is also a great hostess! the beach is quite wide there, and the view from the dining room upstairs is magnificent! breakfast is served there daily.
a big thumbs up to the housekeepers including, Jewel, Annette and Ana! they work very hard cleaning and making thier guest comfortable.
i met many friendly people in the lobby and on the beach.
i feel as though Tree house is now my second home. i cant wait for next year!

Room Tip: i like being further away from the lobby because i feel it is quieter and more tranquil.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank EKFA
Mount Laurel, New Jersey
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2014

I just came back from a 5 day stay at the TreeHouse. I chose this resort as a result of meeting friends who were staying there while we stayed at Couples Swept Away. They bragged about enjoying a resort that was not AI. I booked here after reading all the positive reviews.
Check in was smooth. I liked that they gave you the option of leaving a credit card for charges or not and paying cash. We had suite I. The king bed in the room was firm and comfortable. The murphy bed mattresses in the living room are in desperate need of upgrade. The maids kept the rooms clean each day.
Chef Allen and Leon the bartender were the only ones that spoke to on a regular basis. Everyone on TA spoke about how Gail was, but I never met her. I saw her speaking to a group of women. She chatted with them a while and even showed them the upgraded suite. I guess if you are not a return guest, you don't get that treatment.
It is low season currently and there was no action/entertainment at the TH. That is an area they should look into. I called several times before booking to find out when the Manager's reception was and they could never give me an exact day of the week it would be held. I booked a catamaran cruise and of course when i get there, the reception was being held the night of our cruise. Unfortunately, i missed a birthday honor they gave me at the reception...oh well.
The pool also is in need of a paint job. This seems to be an easy, quick repair that will beautify the pool.
There is a currently a 6 month jet ski ban due to the death of a tourist on the beach. The locals seem to be extra pushy this year in selling from souvenirs to "the smokes".
As said before, the LOCATION of TH on 7 mile beach is the best attribute of staying here. Not sure if i would return here, but i definitely will be in Negril again.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank quiet515
Charlotte, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2014

Just returned from a wonderful 12 night stay at Negril Treehouse Resort on Seven Mile Beach, Jamaica. This was about my 16th trip to the Island and I must say....my favorite by far. The staff at this hotel are so warm, friendly, and accommodating!! Carol in the breakfast area was so nice the first morning when I needed cream, sugar, and coffee cups for me and the rest of my party. She made up a tray and personally brought it to our rooms. (We brought our own coffee maker) Our 2nd floor rooms 32&33 were perfect since we were celebrating my friend, Debbie's birthday! We had it set up as a bar since we were on the end and did not create a disturbance to other guests!! We loved that it was near the employee entrance and we got greetings every morning from the staff including the gardeners,(,Ian was especially a treat with a true love for all of the beautiful gardens) We picked fresh bouquets for our rooms and bar every morning!! The cleaning staff, they took special care of us including cleaning all of our bar glasses and coffee cups every day. They even cleaned our coffee pot, which we brought!! There is so much more I could say, but bottom line is...stay here if you want a great Jamaica experience!! PS: If you need the BEST taxi driver in Negril, call for Willie. He was our personal guide for the Falls, shopping, and clubbing every day and night!!! Always makes sure you have everything you need no matter how crazy it may seem...

Room Tip: We really liked the upstairs rooms due to the vaulted ceilings. We were in 32 and 33 and are early r...