“I had a wonderful time.”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #13 of 80 Hotels in Negril
“I had a wonderful time.”
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I really enjoyed my stay at the Negril Tree House. The owner and staff were very friendly and accommodating. The grounds were very well kept and the rooms were cozy and clean. I would highly recommend the Negril Tree House to anyone who wants to have a fun-filled vacation.

• Stayed May 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Finnish first
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I recently returned from a destination wedding that was held at the Negril Tree House, and I was extremely pleased with my time. For my trip to Jamaica, I was pleasantly surprised at just how friendly the local community was, and the staff was even friendler. My girlfriend and I stayed in a standard room, which included a full kitchen, patio and swing. The room was comfortable, clean and 20 steps from the beach. We also had friends who were staying in the larger suites, which were large, swanky, and right on the beach, overlooking the ocean. While there are no private beaches in Jamaica, the beach area immediately surrounding the Treehouse was very quiet and hospitable. Local merchants occasionally walk the beach selling items, but they are not pushy and typically only approach if you engage them first. I also often times left smaller personal items on my chair with no worries about them walking away, as I mentioned, the staff is very friendly and attentive.

The Treehouse organized a number of fun events during the stay, both for the wedding and general guests. One of the highlights was a catamaran ride that lasted on afternoon, where our party was able to tour the ara and go snorkeling and swimming at beautiful locations along the coast. The Treehouse also held several cocktail hours with live music, as well as big screen broadcasts of the NBA finals right on the beach.

If you are interested in having a wedding at the Treehouse, my suggestion is emphatically yes! Most of the time the main lobby and public areas of the Treehouse are unassuming, but the staff is able to transform the venue into a beautiful venue worthy of any couple's big day.

Resort owner Gail Jackson and her team really made us feel welcome, and we really look forward to coming back next time we are in Jamaica.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2014

We have stayed here twice (once in 2010 and again in 2014). The rooms are well appointed and comfortable. The staff is friendly and helpful. They have fun happy hour activities and went above and beyond to make sure our children enjoyed themselves. We will definitely be returning.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This was my first visit but not my last to the Treehouse. In fact, the Treehouse has become my "go to" place to stay in Negril. My goal was to lay back and chillax on the beach, eat great food, play in the ocean, and watch the sun set; the Negril Treehouse afforded me the opportunity to do all of these things. My room was simple but comfortable with all the amenities I wanted (comfortable bed, flat screen TV, large shower) and didn't want (an alarm clock). Unfortunately, I didn't get a chance to meet Gail but her staff represented her well with their hospitality and warmth. I learned after the 2nd day to order Chef Alan's jerk chicken for lunch or miss out having the opportunity of tasting it. I'm not a breakfast person but I made sure to make it to breakfast for the fried dumplings, callalou, and coffee. I have been telling all of my friends that they must stay at the Treehouse when visiting Negril because it’s the ONLY place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo

4 Thank MissDeeDeeCee
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Reviewed 29 May 2014

One of the things I like about Tree House is it feels like home each time I go there. I was there for a wedding on Sunday May 22, 2014. The staff is the greatest and of course Ms Gail Jackson, a gracious host. Singing chef Allen jerk chicken was delicious everyday. A new added feature at Tree House is big screen TV on the beach. Soon come can't come soon enough for my next visit. I enjoy playing Negril Hills Golf Course, the staff is doing a good job at maintaining the course.

Room Tip: Room 41 is converted to a mini suite, very nice.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed 28 May 2014

We just returned from a week at this is amazing resort. This was our first visit, and we are already discussing a return trip. Gail and her staff, their hospitality, the rooms, the setting, the activities, and the breakfasts are all simply wonderful! Chef Alan's jerk chicken is awesome; wish we could get carry-out back in the states! Also, my massage was excellent. Gail is an incredible event planner, down to the smallest details. We were here for a wedding, and it was so beautiful. Whether you are planning a vacation, a wedding, anniversary, or get-away, the Tree House in Negril is the place to go! They make you feel like it's your home away from home. Great value. See for yourself!

Room Tip: Second floor beach front room was gorgeous!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rooms have been upgraded since my last stay in 2010. Stayed in the small 2 room suit with 4 beds. Very comfortable & clean. New flat screens & fridges. Our fridge wasn't working but it was quickly replaced. In love with the swing on porch that faced the beach. The grounds are beautiful & well groomed.
Staff is amazing- friendly & kind. They go out of their way to make you feel at home. A wedding was going on here during my stay & the entertainment/band was awesome. Breakfast is the best- Jamaican style with ackee,callalou, dumplings,etc. There's also an Omelette & waffle station & plenty of fresh fruit. Big up to Moses, Marlene, Leon,Stacey Jermaine, Elrick, Jacinth, & the rest of the awesome staff. Can't see myself staying anywhere else in Negril.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends