“Home Sweet Home: 3rd time back and even more impressed” 5 of 5 bubbles

and 1 more site!
Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #13 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
“Home Sweet Home: 3rd time back and even more impressed”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 June 2014

My impressive experience started in the planning of this trip. I planned a group trip with 9 other ladies in celebration of my birthday. Cheryl and Charmaine were extremely helpful with the numerous email transactions, changes, upgrades, downgrades, cancellations, additions, etc. They never made me feel like I was a bother. When I checked in, they had all the emails attached to my information and it was bigger than the Bible. It just showed how thorough they were.

In the past, I stayed in the regular room and I was impressed with that....but Suite K...was like the Jeffersons...moving on up....2 bedrooms/2 baths, 1 of the bedrooms had a bathroom attached, a side room with a full size futon, the 2 Murphy beds in the living room, and a twin in the loft. We had four ladies staying in the suite and it could easily fit 2 more with all our "stuff" and we were not crowded or falling over each other.

We had a dining area with dining room table, 3 tvs, a kitchen complete with a refrigerator, microwave, washer (clothesline for drying on the balcony), stove, and kitchen/cooking utensils. In addition to the clothesline on the balcony, there was a table with chairs, a couch and a hammock. I have stayed in a regular room, a suite, and now this "apartment" and I loved every room. I could even see the ocean although it is not an oceanview room. The only issue this time, in part due to the rains, were ants. We requested extra spray and realized that it helped keeping our garbage outside and cleaning up immediately. After a few days, the issue was resolved.

Another standout, was Janice. She took care of any and every need while on property. Remember a group of 10 women, total, and always did it with a smile. We hear about "Jamaican time" but she took care of every need immediately. I teared up in saying goodbye to her.

Jessica, the yoga teacher, was always full of spunk and very personable and friendly and I never even took a yoga class. That will change next time.

I noticed a notable improvement in the food. In the past, I only would have breakfast (always delish) and Chef Allans jerk chicken but the dinner/restaurant options were MUCH more tasty than in the past. I also enjoyed the specials. I talked to Gail about this and compliments to the new chef.

I am proud to call the Negril Treehouse my second home. Gail, the owner, love shows in her property. Well manicured gardens, beautiful beach, the improvements. She treats her guest like family. There is no other place for me in Negril. Home Sweet Home.

Room Tip: If you have a chance to stay in Suite K, do it. The regular suites are also nice. All rooms are a sh...
6 Thank Exhaling

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (399)
  • Finnish first
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Omg! The best experience ever!!!!! This was my first visit and I'm already trying to figure out the next time I will be visiting. I really would like to come back before the year is out, but if it does not happen I will definitely be back, with the kiddos of course! I stayed at Treehouse 5/31-6/5, the staff was awesome! It truly felt like home, I sleep good, bed was nice and comfy. Janice is the most FUN LOVING, VERY POSITIVE, SMILING, LAUGHING PERSON YOU WILL WILL EVER MEET. I miss her and the whole Jamaican experience. I have several people saying they plan to visit Jamaica this year, and I'm telling them to stay at Negril Treehouse Resort. I will probably never be interested in staying anywhere else! And get this..the Resort is owned by a BLACK WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The suites..Suite K is bomb diggity!!!!!
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 Thank JazzFrazier
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I've stayed at the Tree House on three separate occasions and each time feels like home. The staff is extremely friendly. One particular outstanding staff member is Janice. During one visit, on her off day, she made sure that she arranged to have a roll away bed in our room. She goes above and beyond to make sure the guests are greeted in friendly manner and well taken care of. She is very knowledgeable of the island and gave us suggestions on which places to visit and avoid. The housekeeping staff is also wonderful. I've never had an issue with cleanliness in my room. During my last visit, the remote to my air conditioning unit didn't work. The issue was addressed immediately. The owner is also on site should you have any questions or concerns. I'll never stay anywhere else while I'm in Jamaica.

4 Thank HoustonMoni
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I absolutely LOVED my stay at the Negril Tree House! There was great food, awesome hardworking staff, and its was clean. It quickly became like a 2nd home. I wanted to stay in a hotel that was not all "Americanized", but true to Jamaica, and I could not have stayed at a better place!! I absolutely ADORE Janice - she is extremely friendly and helpful. I loved seeing that smile every morning at the front desk!! By the second day - I was dreading having to leave in another 5 days. Their location was perfect, allowing for a few 2 AM walks on the beach! They make it so you never want to leave!.....and I promise, I WILL BE BACK!!!

Room Tip: 2-Bedroom Party house is GREAT!! Even the Murphy Beds are extremely comfortable!!
4 Thank TheGlAmazon
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 June 2014 via mobile

This resort is lovely and the staff is very helpful and nice. Especially helpful was Janice! We purchased the groupon which included free breakfast everyday. The food was excellent too. I can't wait to return to Negril. This was my first time but I'm sure I'll be staying at the treehouse on my next visit.

Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Candy J
Hyattsville, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at the Negril Tree House Resort for eight days and seven nights and the hospitality of the staff, the food, were absolutely fantastic. I enjoyed walking the 7 mile beach and enjoying watching the horses gallop by as well as the beautiful color of the ocean in its mult color blue hue. Relaxing was not an option.

Mrs. Jackson and her staff made my stay at the Negril Treehouse Resort a one in a lifetime experience.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Vanessa H
Ithaca, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

This is my fourth stay at Negril Tree House. I have fallen in love with the staff, the atmosphere and of course Allans jerk chicken for lunch!! (I eat it everyday! Everyday!)

If you are looking for a place that is home away from home, this place is for you! Gail (owner) and the staff at Tree House make you feel welcome and comfortable for a very reasonable price AND its 20 steps (if that many) to the most beautiful beach. You will not be disappointed!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family