“Blissful Winter Getaway”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #13 of 81 Hotels in Negril
“Blissful Winter Getaway”
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I can not say enough good things about this place--perfect location, perfect jerk chicken, wonderful staff, lovely room, beautiful grounds. This was my first time in Jamaica and I must say, this was one of my favorite vacations ever. Stayed in February 2014. They lost one star because we were not picked up at the airport as promised and had to scramble. Be sure to call ahead before you arrive and remind them....

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Cynthia L

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (407)
  • Finnish first
Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Rang the Hotel months before our stay to book with them. Staff member said I could not do that over the phone and had to go onto the Hotel's website - still unable to book, so called back. Told again, I had to then use Bookings.Com! On checking in, the Receptionist was unfriendly, very curt. We were never given details of anything i.e. activities apparently on offer at the hotel (found out on departure). Got to our room which was the furthest away from the desk to be greeted by LOUD TV noise from nxt door. Turns out the occupant had left a DND sign on door with TV blaring. The staff sent someone to open the door and turn it off. We later found out that they all knew this person who was there partying for a week with another group at the hotel. We asked for a room change to be told the hotel was sold out - it was not (we found that out later too). Unsurprisingly, we were woken both nights by the neighbour - the walls are like paper anyhow. The second night the TV was so loud at 2a.m. that when we called reception, they said they could hear it and didn't know where it was coming from! No apology offered on checking out. We asked to meet the owner - who never makes herself known (not a good sign), which in itself is odd. The place is run by unprofessional, uncaring staff and I woud not recommend.

Room Tip: No idea - we have tried this resort for two years (never again). Rooms are NOISY.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

2 Thank walker92
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 15 June 2014

This is my second time here and I just love this place. If you are looking for posh and fancy, this is not the place. If you are looking for clean, relaxing and a comfortable atmosphere, then this is the place for you. The food in the restaurant is always good, especially the oxtails and beans and rice. The free breakfast is just wonderful. The staff is just awesome and the owner gives the family feel with her weekly cocktail party. It's a place I will return to again and again.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carole D
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
Reviewed 13 June 2014

Stayed for a week there last June. Really great breakfast every day. Bar and Restaurant right on the beach. Be sure to pay for the breakfast plan in advance and you will save some dough. Nice and quiet place so if you are looking for the "crazy action" stay at a place further up the beach.

Room Tip: An oceanview room is the best, but It might cost you a little more. Ask the front desk and be frien...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Reviewed 11 June 2014

My impressive experience started in the planning of this trip. I planned a group trip with 9 other ladies in celebration of my birthday. Cheryl and Charmaine were extremely helpful with the numerous email transactions, changes, upgrades, downgrades, cancellations, additions, etc. They never made me feel like I was a bother. When I checked in, they had all the emails attached to my information and it was bigger than the Bible. It just showed how thorough they were.

In the past, I stayed in the regular room and I was impressed with that....but Suite K...was like the Jeffersons...moving on up....2 bedrooms/2 baths, 1 of the bedrooms had a bathroom attached, a side room with a full size futon, the 2 Murphy beds in the living room, and a twin in the loft. We had four ladies staying in the suite and it could easily fit 2 more with all our "stuff" and we were not crowded or falling over each other.

We had a dining area with dining room table, 3 tvs, a kitchen complete with a refrigerator, microwave, washer (clothesline for drying on the balcony), stove, and kitchen/cooking utensils. In addition to the clothesline on the balcony, there was a table with chairs, a couch and a hammock. I have stayed in a regular room, a suite, and now this "apartment" and I loved every room. I could even see the ocean although it is not an oceanview room. The only issue this time, in part due to the rains, were ants. We requested extra spray and realized that it helped keeping our garbage outside and cleaning up immediately. After a few days, the issue was resolved.

Another standout, was Janice. She took care of any and every need while on property. Remember a group of 10 women, total, and always did it with a smile. We hear about "Jamaican time" but she took care of every need immediately. I teared up in saying goodbye to her.

Jessica, the yoga teacher, was always full of spunk and very personable and friendly and I never even took a yoga class. That will change next time.

I noticed a notable improvement in the food. In the past, I only would have breakfast (always delish) and Chef Allans jerk chicken but the dinner/restaurant options were MUCH more tasty than in the past. I also enjoyed the specials. I talked to Gail about this and compliments to the new chef.

I am proud to call the Negril Treehouse my second home. Gail, the owner, love shows in her property. Well manicured gardens, beautiful beach, the improvements. She treats her guest like family. There is no other place for me in Negril. Home Sweet Home.

Room Tip: If you have a chance to stay in Suite K, do it. The regular suites are also nice. All rooms are a sh...
6 Thank Exhaling
Indianapolis, Indiana
Reviewed 9 June 2014

Omg! The best experience ever!!!!! This was my first visit and I'm already trying to figure out the next time I will be visiting. I really would like to come back before the year is out, but if it does not happen I will definitely be back, with the kiddos of course! I stayed at Treehouse 5/31-6/5, the staff was awesome! It truly felt like home, I sleep good, bed was nice and comfy. Janice is the most FUN LOVING, VERY POSITIVE, SMILING, LAUGHING PERSON YOU WILL WILL EVER MEET. I miss her and the whole Jamaican experience. I have several people saying they plan to visit Jamaica this year, and I'm telling them to stay at Negril Treehouse Resort. I will probably never be interested in staying anywhere else! And get this..the Resort is owned by a BLACK WOMAN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: The suites..Suite K is bomb diggity!!!!!
5 Thank JazzFrazier
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I've stayed at the Tree House on three separate occasions and each time feels like home. The staff is extremely friendly. One particular outstanding staff member is Janice. During one visit, on her off day, she made sure that she arranged to have a roll away bed in our room. She goes above and beyond to make sure the guests are greeted in friendly manner and well taken care of. She is very knowledgeable of the island and gave us suggestions on which places to visit and avoid. The housekeeping staff is also wonderful. I've never had an issue with cleanliness in my room. During my last visit, the remote to my air conditioning unit didn't work. The issue was addressed immediately. The owner is also on site should you have any questions or concerns. I'll never stay anywhere else while I'm in Jamaica.

4 Thank HoustonMoni