“Exceptional cleanliness”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Food sucks.. Stacy and Jackie great asset to your company wonderful customer service. Couldn't believe the food was not worth mentioning. Breakfast was wonderful nice spread and it was really good people there very accommodating

3  Thank Jackiewh
Write a ReviewReviews (1,388)

Reviewed 11 July 2014

We have stayed at many places in Negril over the years, but we always return to Tree House, as we are treated like family returning "home." The owner, manager, and staff are always so welcoming and accommodating. They have an ideal location on the beach with watersports, the best friendly bar and relaxed atmosphere. The beach security do protect your belongings and keep you from unwanted sellers, as an added security if need be. We travel to Jamaica every year and would highly recommend Tree House!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SueandTrevor2014
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

We spent 5 nights at Treehouse. First and foremost let me say the staff is warm,welcoming,knowledgeable and friendly. From the owner to the front desk staff,housekeepers,breakfast staff to the bar staff. No one passed you by without speaking. The airport transport with Kenny Tours was prompt and professional. Upon arrival we were greeted and Jermaine the bellhop took us to our first room 35. I wasn't too happy with this room. It was musty and ants were crawling all over the headboard when I pulled back the sheets they were all under the blankets and on the pillows. We were on a tropical island and I know I'm going to see a bug or two. No worries, I told the front desk and we were quickly moved to room 24. I had no problems with this room. Although the rooms aren't the most modern they were clean and the bed and pillows were comfortable. The AC worked perfectly and the flat screen tv worked fine. The room was still a little musty but the hotel is situated on the water front so that can be normal. Launette kept our room spic and span. The breakfast was delicious and more than enough to get your day started. The reception on Saturday was an added bonus with a great band present. Gail was there to meet and greet. You constantly see the staff detail cleaning. The hotel is on a beautiful area on the beach. The beach is clean and there were plenty of chairs and umbrellas. Security kept a close eye on you and kept peddlers away if they stayed too long. Although, I didn't find anyone bothersome and enjoyed the conversations with the locals passing by. They will try to sell you everything from bracelets to ganja to patties. It was hilarious. We didn't enjoy any of the water sports. I enjoyed lying around being a beach bum. The drinks at the restaurant were ok. Add 10% tax and 16% service fee onto everything. I found sometimes they add the service fee and sometime they don't it all depends. Kerri Ann is hard working and such an assett. She's pregnant I seen her there from breakfast to almost 11pm one night. She never slowed down. Leon could smile a little more :-) I was dissappointed with my first order of jerk chicken. It was late evening when I ordered it so maybe it wasn't cooked fresh. It was tough. The rice and peas even was dry. The next day I ordered it was fresh as the grill area was still open. The menu wasn't consistent it said the chicken was served with fries,instead I got rice and peas and a vegetable slaw. The next day I ordered chicken I was expecting peas and rice but it came with pumpkin rice and a salad of lettuce and cucumber. They should have an option of chicken only. I just wanted a piece of chicken but they told me I have to pay 12.95 for the dinner. It was just a little inconsistent. The kitchen needs a little work I think. I felt safe. I know it's slow season but the resort seemed dead after 7pm except Saturday. I had no problem with hot water. Towels and wash clothes were fresh and clean. We utilized the masseuse. Good price but I was very sore afterwards. Wow!! We used Mr.Richard for transport a few times. He was reasonable and drove us safely. Overall I would return. We had a good trip.

6  Thank Shanae83
Reviewed 9 July 2014

The hotel was exactly what we wanted when we booked our trip to Jamaica. The rooms were in small houselike buildings so you didn't feel like you were in a hotel, it was literally right on the beach with a pool too, and the staff is very friendly and warm. They have their own station for water sports and even get a discount for staying in the Treehouse. Breakfast is supplied everyday for guests and we never left hungry bc there's so much food. The workers there are pleasant and they are constantly cleaning and maintaining the property and rooms. We loved it and it was well worth the price.

1  Thank Frohnhoefer
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I have been visiting NTH resort for 20 years; I do apologize for not giving this Heavenly paradise it's do praise. The staff represent a family enviroment that goes above and beyond your expectations. Such as; Ms. Jackie makes sure your reservations are professionally tailor for you; Charmine and Janice makes sure that no stone is unturn for your comfort; Jarmine greets you with a million dollar smile that says "how can I assist you". Marlene and Stacey are the greatest servicers you could ever have. "Movie Star" Chef Allen jerk chicken will bring home the Blue Ribbon hands down, Umhhhhh good. I also experinced Chef Jackie's cake and there wasn't even a crumb left; need I say more and Ms. Jennefer made sure our spacious accommodations was clean and in order. Ms. Jackson I have much respect for you and your establishment; you have created an affordable home away from home. Thank you for a great vacation, it was just as wonderful as previous years .There is no wonder that the NTH is my favorite vacation spot.

Room Tip: The entirer resort is AMAZING. I have used the Ocean view room, breath taking. I have utilized the...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Zenolia B
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Negril Treehouse has always been one our my favorite places to stay in Negril and after 5 years of repeat visits, this visit will be our last. When you have experience bad customer relations from staff, that is one thing, and at least the recourse is to complain to a manager or the owner/s; however when you have experienced the level of embarrassment that my friend and I experienced...in open...and in front of other guests and bar staff from the manager/owner, what is the recourse action that we take and whom do we complain to?...

Yours faithfully,
Never Going Back

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
11  Thank Rose Marie F
gailnegril, Owner at Negril Tree House Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 July 2014

I am saddened that your experience did not meet expectations at Treehouse. However I must clarify that under no circumstances is outside food allowed to be brought into the restaurant. The lobster from an outside vendor is just not food safe. The CDC warns not to eat room temperature food let alone lobster in a box that is in the sun. My position was one of politeness and policy of any normal food establishment, as I quietly spoke to you at your table with discretion.
Gail Jackson
Owner

Reviewed 3 July 2014

This was my second trip to Negril. I stayed at Treehouse both times. The rooms are nice size but, if you are looking for all inclusive, hand and foot style, this is not the place for you.Treehouse is a laid back treehouse style accommodations. The food needs some work. The pool is severely in need of repair. The rooms are fine, just cozy. Very clean rooms actually. Staying at Treehouse encourages you to venture off to really see Jamaica. All inclusive resorts offer so much that guests tend to stay on the resort the entire trip. My friend and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Treehouse. But that pool maintenance and bar food/service could use some improvement.

Room Tip: Room 17. A/C wasn't super high but it worked at night.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends