“Would definitely go back....”

Negril Tree House Resort
Ranked #12 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 23 July 2014

My husband and I have traveled around the world but this is the first review we have ever wrote. This is the 3rd trip to Negril and we usually stay at the CoCo La Palm but they were booked so the last time we were in Negril this couple was at the Coco La Palm with us but only for one night because Treehouse was their usual spot but it was booked up. Sooooo when we decided to go to Negril again and saw that our "usual" was booked I remembered the raves about the Treehouse and decided to give it a shot. We arrived and were promptly showed to our room however it was in the back so there was no view....my husband went to the front desk and asked to be moved and let them know that it was my birthday. They moved us to room #5 which has the most breath taking view ever of the ocean and beach. We immediately changed into our suits and hit the beach. We had breakfast included and it wasn't the run of the mill American continental either....it was local food and changed daily. One day we had jerk chicken and my husband was elated.....he ate as if it was dinner time. The staff are so friendly....my husband has his own business and he was working so he leaned on the front staff alot and they never complained or got upset which I thanked them because I was already upset for them....we were suppose to be on vacation and here it is he was working. The owner Ms. Gail was present everyday pitching in wherever she needed to be and I really admired that. She was very pleasant and very sociable. They had a live band play one night and I was surprised with a birthday cupcake and serenade (as was everyone that was there celebrating a birthday in the month of July) which really made me feel special. The rooms are dated and could use a serious over haul however they are kept clean and that is all I ask for because when traveling my husband and I only sleep there.....the rest of the time we are out and about. For the money, location, and breakfast you can't beat this place and the staff are so kind and friendly. The locals are very aggressive with trying to sell you things and that was a bit annoying, my husband always fell for it as he has NEVER met a STRANGER. I however just want to lay on the beach, tan, and relax. We will definitely be going back to Treehouse and will surely bring other couples with us......Please have #5 available for the The White's....that is our new "usual" in Negril .

• Stayed: July 2014
1  Thank Love2Vacay2

Reviewed 23 July 2014

5th time to Jamaica, 3rd hotel I've stayed at and by far the best and cleanest. From the time you arrive and enter into the open lobby you are greeted with smiling faces. We purchased a livingsocial deal and was not disappointed. Receiving a standard garden room was enough for my husband and I, king size bed, large shower and clean room with nice patio and fresh bananas off the stalk! The beach was large, clean and of course beautiful! We went paddle boarding at 7:30am which was amazing, so many starfish out there to see! We had complimentary buffet breakfast each morning, thank you Stacy! Lunch once at the grill (American style cheeseburger that didn't disappoint) and drinks in the evening at the bar. I'm terrible with names but there was no one I would complain about either! Looking to our next stay at the Treehouse! Tips for eating at great places.....I always go to the same places....Kuyaba and Xtabi. Also, great jerk chicken on the other side of road, Best of the West I think it was called, $12.00 for a 1/2 chicken with rice and peas. Excellent!

2  Thank Melanie P
Reviewed 19 July 2014

Very clean property. The staff is outstanding. Everyone is so nice. The location is perfect. It is a short walk to Margaritaville, just 3 doors down. I love the beach and there are always enough loungers for everyone. There is shade if you don't want to be out in the sun all day and with the bar being right on the beach it is perfect. On Saturday night they have a reception for all the guests with music, drinks and appetizers. You can dance if you want or just sit back and enjoy the show. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lisa W
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We enjoyed our stay here. The breakfast served was really nice. Lots of options - from Jamaican foods to omelets and waffles. We stuffed ourselves every morning. The beach is beautiful although sometimes hard to relax with the constant soliciting of passersby pushing their goods and services on all of the tourists (not the tree house's fault). I prefer to have an open beach rather than the walled-off fortresses like other nearby resorts, so I didn't mind too much. The staff were mostly pleasant. There seem to be a lot of visitors there who come regularly which was a good sign. Our room was comfortable and clean, the AC worked great. Enjoyed having drinks at the bar right on the beach.

Room Tip: We talked to some other visitors who were in rooms on the south side of the property who said that t...
2  Thank Chris10W
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is my third stay at the Tree House and it never disappoints! In my opinion, the best location to stay anywhere in Negril, especially for the value, and I've stayed at a lot of places!! Clean, updated, safe accommodations in a beautiful location right on the most amazing beach ever. Soft, white, powdery sand, crystal clear CALM blue waters. The grounds are lovingly cared for and are a treat for the senses. The staff members are ALL so friendly, helpful & welcoming! It's nice to always be remembered and treated like old friends. Breakfast buffet (included) is a great start to the day. Rented a fridge for the room this time for only $5/day, which we made good use of (bought lots of our own liquor in town for after bar close). Gail is a wonderful lady and gracious owner and offers a welcome reception/party once a week that's a lot of fun! I'm not one that's bothered by the beach vendors, but the beach security moves everyone on their way quickly anyway, so if that makes you uncomfortable yu don't need to worry. Always enough beach loungers (that's a biggie for me!). full service bar directly on the beach with food service available, too. I've always loved how the pool and hottub are situated right on the beach and not behind a building somewhere, too. Can't wait for my next visit!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank Sharry L
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is a class "A" resort spot. I had waited a year before finally getting to the Tree House and I was thoroughly impressed. Ms. Jackie was such a gracious host and made me and my company feel right at home. The rooms were clean, comfortable and had the perfect view of the garden. The staff were friendly and very accommodating to our needs and even went out of their way to suggest local restaurants and sites that were off the beaten path. It was so tranquil and you really felt this place could be home away from home. I told the staff that I will certainly be back with my family for a family vacation. I have already booked the Tree House for next year. That is how much I loved it.

Room Tip: We had a garden room which cost a little less than the ocean view rooms. No matter when you are at t...
1  Thank verona411
Reviewed 14 July 2014

July 7-11,2014 at Negril Tree House
Simply Awesome...
accommodations;beach, crystal clear sea where you can see the fishes in their natural setting
Tree House staff were magnificent
having the great fortune of seeing and speaking to the owner Gail Jackson was worth the stay..
the layout is intimate and definitely not your standard resort layout
-wanting to just stay in the all natural pool (sea).. was heavenly
-interaction with the staff was like meeting old friends
As for airport transport with Kenny Tours.. ..Thank You Dalton Pringle for making my first trip to Jamaica the first of many to come..beyond enjoyable
I personally loved everything about Negril Tree House and the beach
-morning breakfast..was simply grand..with a great view of the sea
- for those just wanting their accustomed type of meals like when they are at home.... please ..then why go to a foreign land for a vacation
- it was awesome being at the bar located on the beach and watching the world cup football match with many energized fans
Can't wait to get back to the Tree House..I soon come.

1  Thank Philip S