This was my wife's and I third trip to Couples Swept Away and our fourth to Jamaica. We really prefer the laid back nature of Negril. I especially like that the city does not allow a resort to be taller than the largest palm tree on the property. This rule ensures that the resorts are "homey" and that since they are spread out better than the high-rise resorts they appear to be less crowded. Never did I feel like I was in a crowd and there are plenty of spaces to have private time with your spouse.
I always chuckle when folks compare CSA to a luxury hotel and their amenities. Remember - you are going to paradise NOT the Four Seasons. The grounds are like a tropical garden with winding sidwalks and blooms galore. It is important to remember that the priorities of a Jamaican craftsman are much different than an Americans. T hat being said, yes the crown molding does not always line up or there might be minor paint chips, etc. But really - go for the relaxation and time with your spouse.
I want to give a shout out to Fiona at Feathers. We had the honor of having her at the Palms, Patois, and now Feathers. We were so excited to see her. Her elegance and professionalism is a huge asset to Couples Resorts. Also, Natasha and Curtis at the bars are incredible. They did a great job keeping up with my thirst! Thank You!
The food was always plentiful. Not the best I have ever had - but for sure no where near the worse. The Jerk Chicken at the grill is great and the convenience of the Palms is unbeaten when you are looking for a quick bite.
I agree that one "casual" hut should remain open until at least 8. Closing often started earlier than the close time but we weren't always ready to get dressed for dinner.
We will be back again, and again. A comfortable, relaxed setting where you can do as much or as little as you want. I cannot see how people can be bored. If you are the type looking for the large mega-resort with constant distractions from your spouse - go to Mexico. If you are looking for a chance to reconnect with your spouse and recharge your batteries - this is the resort for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, Expedia, Odigeo, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA and getaroom.com so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril