The shuttle from the airport was wonderful, convenient and fast. Took about an hour and 15 min from the airport to the resort. Beer at the airport when you arrive and Champagne and a cool towel upon arrival to the resort.
Negril is the hot new resort side of Jamaica- way newer, younger and more fun than Montego Bay. Swept Away is an AMAZING PLACE! Great ala-carte food which was important to us (we hate buffets) but even their Buffet was delicious, we had it for breakfast one day. The restaurants are delicious and they all have individual kitchens with actual chefs/cooks that can will cater to you.
We had breakfast delivered to our room most mornings because we both liked to play sports early. The croissants are homemade and coffee fresh and hot. I had a half hour private lesson with a Tennis Pro for FREE! And all golf green fees are waived with a free shuttle every morning to the golf course for FREE! Caddy's are helpful and great to play with. I took a private catamaran sailing lesson *included* and used stand up paddle boards and kayaks every day. All water sports equipment are NEW and well maintained.
We stayed in a Garden Verandah room and were a little nervous but everything else was booked. We were VERY HAPPY WITH THE ROOM! It was spacious and the mini bar was always fully stocked the air conditioning was perfect and the bathroom was simple but very large. The sheets are soft and clean and the balcony is huge. We were on the 1st floor too and it was totally great.
There is a GREAT mix of young couples and older couples (who tend to return every year! some people say it was there 9th or 10th year coming!). We are in our mid-late 20's and met a lot of great friends. The drinks flow freely and the wine is actually drinkable unlike most resorts. They will give you full LARGE bottles in your minibar upon request!
You can walk to Margaritaville (its literally up the beach) or take a free shuttle there (we took the shuttle home when it got dark). It's a good spot to see just once but the food is better at the resort.
Our FAVORITE PART: The Sunset Catamaran Cruise! This is a MUST! Sign up at the concierge upon arrival. Rum Punch and music flows the entire time, the staff on the boat is wonderful- its not over crowded you feel safe and comfortable and they take you to caves where you can jump off and swim.
WE WILL GO BACK! We loved it 100x more than a resort we went to last year in Punta Cana, DR. Jamaicans are wonderful happy people!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, Ebookers, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Destinology, Holiday Gems, Evoline ltd, Priceline, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril