Our third visit to this wonderful resort from Dec 8-18th , in three years.
I will keep my review as brief as possible, if you need more information don't hesitate to call.
Upon arrival we went to the Couple's holding tank, LOL and enjoyed a couple of Red Stripe. Staff was very friendly there. The wait for transfer to the hotel was much to long, an hour wait. There were plenty of people and eventually sent two buses because of the numbers. We should have left within the half hour.
Check in was the usual experience, maybe improved somewhat. Room was ready for us. However, we were put on the second floor of the beachfront suites. We had requested a ground floor room. We decided to just go with the flow and accept the room. We will not do this next time, we booked this room over a year ago and there is no reason for t his to happen. Couples, you need to fix this!.
The room itself was the usual except they had redone the bathroom. Which was done nicely, they replaced the tub/shower unit with a large shower. While the shower looked great and operated fine the drainage of water was a disaster. The drain could not handle the flow of water and thus the water would flow all over the bathroom! We got several towels to keep the water contained , it became a little joke for us. Talking to others , the same problem was occurring in the other rooms so obviously whoever built this new shower screwed up. This needs to be fixed Couples.
Food was fantastic as always. We commented everyday how wonderful it was. I do not know how some people can come on trip advisor and complain about it. We have travelled to numerous islands and resorts , no one has come close to Couples.
Beach was again fantastic, we love the sand and water! No where better have we been. It is quite a game we witnessed while people try to get the huts on the beach, unless you want to get up at 5 am and sit out there forget getting one. However, there are plenty of chairs and places to have shade if needed.
Staff - Everyone in this resort, EXCEPT FOR THE BEACH BAR , were so friendly and willing to do whatever it took to welcome us and help us with anything.
THREE STAFF WERE EXCEPTIONAL - A trainee named Richard ALSO had a huge smile on his face, talked with us, and served us like we were royalty! He is a keeper Couples management. Shawayne Grant was also excellent. Fraser in the Patios Bar was hilarious, friendly and makes great drinks. The Beach Bar staff could learn a lot from him! The Beach bar very rarely had a smile on their face, one girl there gave the impression she did not want to be there, she should be relieved of her duties there.
Overall, except of the above listed issues our visit was excellent and we will go back. This shows you how even with the items I brought out the place is lovely.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, TravelUp, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Priceline, Destinology, Holiday Gems, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril