This resort has the potential to be great. Great beach. Beautiful, lush grounds. Nice staff.
We were in an a third floor oceanfront room with a beautiful terrace, so we had the best this resort had to offer. Beautiful view of the ocean and some amazing sunsets.
Food good, except for the cafeteria style buffet. Presentation of food average at best. (Also stayed at the Iberostar Grand Hall in Montego Bay and you can't compare the quality of food and how it was presented and Iberostar was less expensive).
The problem is the run down condition of the place. The pools, bathrooms in and out of the room, pool bar and some other areas around the resort are in need of some major renovations. Doesn't look as if anything has been updated since the 60s.
This resort was pricey, yet it felt at times like you were in a cheap motel when you looked around at the pools and the bathrooms. Needs major updating and then it could be great.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril