“Excellent vacation with friendly staff”
Review of Couples Swept Away

Couples Swept Away
Ranked #14 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Toronto, Canada
“Excellent vacation with friendly staff”
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Once again Tripadvisor reviews didn't let us down. We've done quite a bit of travel to Mexico (3 times), St. Lucia, Aruba and now Jamaica. The staff at Couples are easily the most friendly people we've met. The food is excellent with (surprisingly) the buffets being as good as the sit down restaurants. 'Feathers' is not to be missed

The rooms are clean with lots of hot water & quiet air conditioning. We were given a room at the back of the resort so road noise could be heard. This wasn't a problem for us but it may be an issue for others.

All inclusive outings such as snorkelling, catamaran & boat tours were a real bonus too. We definitely will be back!

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Nuclear_Dan

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,426)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Omaha, Nebraska
Reviewed 6 April 2014

This was our first trip to Couples Swept Away and absolutely loved it! We stayed in a garden view room and loved how tropical it felt. We were back by the road, but had no problems with noise. The property is so lush and full of plant life you can't even see the road. My only complaint would be the bed was very hard! The property is very well kept and we were impressed with how clean they keep the grounds! We liked the size of the resort not too small and not too big. We did not feel we had to walk a lot to get to any one place. The beach is amazing! We always found a place on the beach with shade if we wanted. The water is warm and beautiful! The food my husband loved! I did not, but I am very picky and like real simple food. I never went hungry they do have lots to choose from. The breakfast buffet was my favorite! The drinks were a bit strong for me, so no watered down drinks there. They were happy to make my drinks with less alcohol. The staff service was wonderful! The people there work so hard and were always polite! We went to have a relaxing romantic vacation and that's exactly what we got! It was by far better than what we expected! We definitely plan on going back!

3 Thank Browneyedpete
Lafayette, Louisiana
Reviewed 3 April 2014

Our stay was great. The staff was great and the property was beautiful. The food was absolutely amazing. We did the complimentary catamaran cruise which was fun. They let us stop and swim and explore the caves. We also took the tour to Rick's Cafe which is a must!! Our last night we did a private dinner on the beach which was the highlight of our trip. It was truly amazing. There are a few downfalls though. There are a lot of locals selling and begging you to buy stuff on the beach while you are trying to relax especially weed which is NOT legal. Also, the resort is very large so be prepared to walk. Last but not least, they do not sell alcohol until 10. Being from the South, when on vacation we like to start early so this sucked for us. :-) Other than that it was truly a great experience.

8 Thank lilkk2014
Washington
Reviewed 2 April 2014

My husband and I are avid cruisers, however he wanted to try something new. Our agent recommended Swept Away. I haven't been a big fan of Jamaica because I'd only been to Ocho Rios a few times. Negril is amazing and we really enjoyed our stay at Couples. Beware though, some of the rooms are open air with shutters and only screens. The resort is quiet enough but the crickets at night will drive you crazy, so bring ear plugs. The food, service, staff and grounds were wonderful and we're talking about going again next year. It's located on 7 miles of white sandy beach with no shortage of chairs or beach activities.

5 Thank blueloozer
Gloucestershire, UK
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Got back from a fantastic holiday CSA on 7 March.

Last week, my partner went to a GP (a UK local family doctor) about a sore foot, was referred instantly to the national Hospital for Tropical Diseases in London ( 100 miles away from our home) and was diagnosed with and treated for a rare tropical hookworm by noon.

The parasites must have been picked up in Negril at CSA. As we don’t touch the feral animals there however cute they are, the parasites must have come from Seven Mile Beach as a) we don’t have hookworms in Cheltenham and b) we don’t go barefoot in UK in March.

So... you might want to rethink the beach shoes idea.

Ruthjfj

PS hurrah for the NHS – fast world class care and free

PPS I have tried to post this twice now on the Couples Main Message Board and they are refusing to post it although I am a long term poster. This seems a real shame as I am not being critical of the fabulous report or beach, but am trying to alert other travelers about the need to wear beach shoes. I wish someone had warned us. Not impressed.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
21 Thank Ruthjfj
Couples Swept A... M, Manager at Couples Swept Away, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Ruthjfj
Thanks for your review and I am glad that you had a "fantastic holiday". Here at CSA we make every effort to provide our guests with the cleanest and most comfortable setting to enhance their vacation experience and our multi repeat guests like yourself are a testament to that. However in any tropical setting there are things like mosquitoes, jellyfish, sand flies, ants etc that are not always within our control but whose presence and effect we do try to mitigate where ever possible. Looking forward to seeing you again at Couples Swept Away.
Regards
David Ebanks
Operations Manager
Spotsylvania, Virginia
Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I decided to get away from the snow. What a great escape it was. This is a great resort, no need to leave the resort. Dive staff are AWESOME, the restaurant staff however need to learn a tip from them. There attitude had a lot to be desired. One particular night I had to ask every time I needed my water glass refilled. Not acceptable . Food was great, drinks however also good, but each bar served the same cocktail differently. Overall however a very nice get away, well worth it. Also shop girls very cheerful.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank GlbalTrvl
Saint Catharines, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 1 April 2014

The physical landscape of Negril - the crystal clear blue waters, sandy beaches, incredible sunset - is the perfect setting for this escape. My partner and I enjoyed this holiday destination. Our room had a beautiful view of the ocean, the food in superb, there were an abundance of water sports available, staff was very friendly, and we met many other vacationers from around the globe.

If I were to have a negative comment, it would be that our room was too close to the Psalms Restaurant, so there was always noise from music, restaurant goers and staff preparation 24-7, etc. I would book here again, but now that we have been to this resort I would request an oceanfront room further along the beach away from the restaurant.

Room Tip: If you are interested in an ocean front room, ensure that is is not beside one of the restaurants an...