My boyfriend and I planned a 5 night trip to Jamaica, and we spent 3 nights at Couples Swept Away in Negril. All in all, we were amazed by the helpful staff, the endless amenities and activities available, and by the yummy cuisine at the restaurants.
- Lemongrass Restaurant: This thai restaurant was one of our favorite places to eat at the resort. Call a day or two early to reserve a spot as reservations fill up quickly.
- Service: The staff was always helpful and friendly, and they always served us with a smile on their face.
- Activities: highly recommend taking the Sunset Catamaran cruise. The staff on the boat was entertaining and we got a chance to see a lot of Negril from the seaside. Water activities like paddle boarding, water skiing, and kayaking were readily available in the mornings, and we really enjoyed being able to easily grab the equipment and head out on the water.
- Facilities/entertainment: While the resort was not a typical modern high rise hotel, CSA was quite large and was in front of one of the most beautiful beaches we had ever seen. The resort has a beachy/nature vibe which was perfect for the low key vibe of Negril. There were several bar huts along the beach where you always had an opportunity to grab a drink. One of the nights, the hotel hosted a movie screening on the beach which was really fun.
- This is definitely a couples resort, so I would not recommend staying here without your significant other as most activities are catered towards couples
- Towels: For some reason beach towels were quite the scarcity. Be sure to bring towels from your room if you plan on swimming as the outdoor huts never had any towels left to give to people on the beach.
- While dinner was always an amazing meal, breakfast and lunch often had limited choices and limited hours in the main buffet areas. Be sure to check hours/locations for morning/afternoon.
- Aura nightclub: The nightclub was quite the disappointment as it was empty and the resort did not encourage people to go party there.
Overall, this was probably one of the best options in Negril and we would definitely recommend this hotel with the few caveats above.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ebookers, TravelUp, Priceline, Destinology, Hotels.com, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Evoline ltd, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril