“Unique resort with the best view!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Couples Swept Away

Couples Swept Away
Ranked #15 of 84 Hotels in Negril
“Unique resort with the best view!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2014 via mobile

My husband and I just returned from CSA (stayed August 8 thru August 15) and both agreed that it has been our favorite place we've stayed. We are 44 years old and have been to the Bahamas, DR, and Riveria Maya. We stayed in an atrium suite, block 26 room 2125 lower level. Our first room was in block 29 room1232 and we asked to be moved because it was right next to The Palms restaurant and they had entertainment in the evening til around 11:30. It was very loud from our room. We tried to get to sleep by 10:30 so this didn't work for us. However, the view from this room was amazing. We were moved the next day without any problem. Room 2125 was in the middle of the resort and though we didn't have the view, we were very happy with this choice. It was less then a minute to walk to the beach and we were right in front of the sunset bar. The best spot on the beach in my opinion.
The beach is by far the best we have been to and CSA has the best stretch along the way. We took the glass bottom boat past other resorts and they didn't seem as nice...especially Sandals. We couldn't decide between Couples and Sandals and after seeing their beach we knew we made the right decision. We also enjoyed the treatment while at the beach. They brought out cold towels, snow cones, fruit kabobs, and would wait on you for drinks. We chose to get our own drinks since we were so close to the bar but it would be nice if you were further away. The floating mats are on every beach lounger and add so much to your beach experience. Floating on those mats in the ocean is what I will miss most about our vacation! The local vendors were not a problem for us. By the end of the week we knew their names. We purchased a bracelet from Andrea and a CD from one of the musicians named Fire. During the day a simple no thank you was accepted and they moved on, but they were more aggressive at night and it made it difficult to enjoy the beach in the evening.
We walked to Margaritaville one morning to buy souvenirs and it was a short 10 minute walk. There are also other small shops and bars along the way if you want to get off the resort for awhile.
CSA offers a lot of activities. My husband tried paddle boarding for the first time and he loved it once he got his balance! The water sports guys were great and very willing to help. We signed up for the catamaran trip but it was cancelled due to bad weather. My advice would be to schedule it early during your stay so if you get rained out you can re-schedule it for another day. We were not able to do this because we scheduled ours for Wednesday and they didn't offer it on Thursday and we were leaving on Friday.
Overall the food was very good. Nothing was great but nothing was bad either. We really enjoyed the fish tacos at Seagrapes during the afternoons and the lobster on Saturdays was good and included at no extra charge like some resorts do. Patios was our favorite place for dinner but we didn't eat at Feathers or Lemongrass which are the 2 restaurants you need reservations for. This time of year is very hot and humid and my husband didn't want to wear pants as required for Feathers, and we had heard from others that Lemongrass was extremely hot as it is not air conditioned and on the second floor.
We went to the piano bar one night and had a good time. They hand out song books and everyone sings along. It is also air conditioned so a great place to cool off if your hot! We also watched the steel drum band one evening which was followed by the bonfire on the beach. We really enjoyed this evening and it was the best night we had at the resort. We wished they had the bonfire every night. They had a wonderful guitar singer who sang soft romantic music and you could hear the sound of the waves in the background. On a side note, there was a group of very loud English people who I felt were disrespectful as they were standing right next to the singer. We had to move away from them to enjoy the moment. Just thought it was worth saying as I have read some English people refer to Americans as being loud:-)
We took the One Love Bar Crawl which was fun if you want to see the cliffs side of Negril and we also booked a private tour with Big Ship Tours to Black River, YS Falls and Pelican Bar. Dudley was our driver and he was excellent! I would recommend him and this tour. CSA has a tour desk but they don't take you to the Pelican Bar and we wanted to go there. Dudley went out of his way to make stops to experience the Jamaican culture.
If you decide to do either of the tours you may want to bring school supplies for the children of Jamaica. Both drivers will see to it that they are distributed to those that need them.
We took the orientation tour of the resort the first day we got there with Author. He was a nice young man and we learned a lot about the resort. I would recommend taking the tour to find out anything you may want to know.
I hope to return to CSA and would recommend it to anyone going to Jamaica. It is not a fancy resort with lots of marble and fountains. If that is what you prefer then I would look elsewhere. It is more rustic and a place I believe Frank Lloyd Wright would love as it is all about bringing the beauty of the natural surroundings to you. If you appreciate nature then you will love CSA!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
15 Thank kirbybandit

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,395)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2014

This vacation was my our (mine and my wife's) second trip to Jamaica and our second stay at a Couples property. We stayed at Couples Sans Souci last year and enjoyed it so much that we decided to come back again this year, but also wanted to experience the Negril beach and the unique layout of the rooms at Swept Away. Therefore, we chose to book as a split-stay between the two properties with a week at Swept Away and a week at Sans Souci.

The first part of our experience of any note was the booking process. Couples website makes it very straightforward to book a stay at a single property and combine it with airfare for a package discount. However, their reservation system is very limited - the way it functions is by using the dates of your hotel stay at a single property and using these dates to choose the dates of your airfare - which will not work with a stay split between two resorts. Thus there is no obvious way to get the airfare package discount on a split-stay without calling 1-800-COUPLES and working with the human reservation team. I will be blunt about this aspect of our trip - I tolerated it solely because of my on-property experience from the previous year. If I had been a first time Couples customer, I probably would have switched to another resort due to the inefficiency and difficulty securing and confirming my reservation. It almost felt at times that I was pleading with their staff to take my money, and they kept making errors or saying that the right staff to make my reservation were not available. Long-story short, it took almost 2 weeks from the time I first called Couples, for me to complete our reservation. I do not think I will book a split stay with airfare through couples ever again - preferring instead to book the stay well in advance for the best discount, and then attempting to book the airfare through a travel agent.

Once the trip itself was booked, however, everything was smooth sailing. Well, almost. We flew out of Miami and arrived in Montego Bay a bit before 2PM local time. We were dismayed to find that around 5 other flights had arrived just before us, and the line for immigration was backed up well into the room before the large ramp (this makes sense if you have been to Sangster airport before). We took around two hours to clear immigration and customs and really found ourselves wishing we had purchased Club Mobay arrival service. This was particularly important to us because we wanted to try and arrive in Negril before the watersports desk at Couples closed at 4PM so we could reserve SCUBA for the following morning. We arrived well after that time in the evening, so had to try our luck in the morning.

We were brought to our room directly upon arrival - a "Premier Beachfront Suite." So help me it was like that commercial for booking.com: the one where a tired looking husband arrives at a room with his wife and kids (one of whom lost his shoes), and describes how crappy the trip has been, then opens the door to the room and does a fist pump because the room is so awesome. We stayed in a second floor room - room 2235 - which had an unobstructed up-close view of the ocean from the expansive wrap-around balcony on the corner of the building. We walked in right at sunset, and the view was magical. My wife and I probably spent more time on that balcony than in the room itself for the rest of our trip. When we needed shade, and others were griping that they couldn't find a palapa that hadn't been reserved, we'd just head to our own private balcony "palapa". The handful of rooms at Swept Away in this category are totally unique among all the Couples properties, and I will admit, are the main reason we were attracted to this resort in the first place. The room was on the "old-side" of the resort where the rooms do not have televisions (a plus for us) and also do not have glass paned windows - only wooden slats that can be opened for the breeze or closed to keep in the air conditioning. There is another category of room at Swept Away on the "old-side" called "Beachfront Suites" that can be reserved that are just as close to the beach, but do not have the expansive balconies. There is also a third category on the "new-side" of the resort called "Beachfront Verandah Suites" that are also very close to the beach, but in a larger building with much smaller balconies. The buildings on the new side do have television and glass windows. All rooms on both sides have high speed wifi internet which is the mainstay of my video entertainment these days in any case. So anyway, the room here was a definite win.

Our experience with the service here was unexpectedly good. Previously at Sans Souci, we had made minibar requests that were either ignored or messed up. At Swept Away, they stocked our minibar with extra waters, extra diet cokes, and extra red-stripes, and left out all the stuff we did not want. Room service did miss our breakfast order once, but other than that, the minibar and room service was better than we had previously experienced. This included an anniversary present of 16 red roses for our wedding anniversary with a champagne breakfast. Concierge service was helpful - and I was somehow able to reserve a private cruise for our anniversary without my wife finding out about it. I convinced her were were going on the sunset booze cruise where they pack in half the resort like cattle, and then instead I led her out to the owner's catamaran for our private cruise. The cruise included a boat captain and a staff member from couples to assist us, as well as complimentary fruit and cheese plate and beverages. I am not sure which beverages however, as we brought our own bottle of Moet from the duty-free in Miami. Our cruise set sail in a thunderstorm, which we just managed to outflank to the south toward the cliffs. Once there, the skies cleared up and we even saw a rainbow just before a beautiful sunset. We did manage to get in an hour of snorkeling and freediving near the cliffs before heading home.

The highlight of our stay - both here and at Sans Souci - was the SCUBA diving. My wife and I are both certified Advanced Open Water divers who had only gone diving 3 times since our trip to Jamaica one year previously. As noted above, we were concerned that we would be unable to make a dive reservation for the morning due to our late arrival, but it turned out that we were able to be added to the boat simply by asking in the morning just after the watersports area opened. We dove twice every day we were at the resort, and also did an extra night dive with 3 other couples. The diving was fair by our standards - the high points being the crystal clear visibility and warm water, as well as some fairly interesting coral formations and swim-throughs. The fish life on the reef was more diverse than at Ocho Rios, with several turtles, nurse sharks, and large southern and eagle rays spotted over the course of the week. All in all, however, the combination of lionfish invasion and overfishing limit the diversity of the Jamaican reefs. The divemasters led lionfish hunting expeditions on most of our dives and usually killed between 5 and 10 of the little monsters. Sometimes they would feed the chopped up lionfish to a couple of large resident southern rays named Gracie and Priscilla that hung out near where the dive boat was moored. The dive staff were a fun and competent bunch - usually leading separate squads of divers segregated into beginners, lionfish hunters, and certified divers. The trip out to the reef was usually around 15 minutes or so, and dive times were around 40 minutes or whenever the first person hit 1000 psi. Max depth was usually around 65ft, 95ft for three scheduled "deep dives" during the course of the week. The night dive was advertised as a better way to see more of the organisms on the reef, but was not really that much different from the daytime, except for more vibrant colors because of our carrying full spectrum white lights into the depths instead of relying on scattered sunlight. The lack of abundant fish on the reefs in Negril during the day isn't because the fish are less active and sleeping in holes, it is because the fish have been depleted by the lionfish and overfishing as noted above. Still, a bad day diving is better than the best day working - and the diving here has a lot going for it. Think of it as liveaboard diving, without having to sleep on a boat :)

The other highlight of our stay was the beach itself. The water here is that peculiar shade of deep turquoise that other destinations make post-cards out of even if their actual water is nowhere near as beautiful. At Negril, the post-cards are spot on. The bottom is sandy with no rocks, with swimming areas laid out between floating buoy lines. Swimming (including snorkeling) outside the buoy lines is not permitted due to the large amount of boat traffic in the area. Snorkeling over the sandy bottom revealed two distinct types of sea stars - smaller royal starfish and larger cushion starfish. I also saw some sea hares and the aforementioned "pet" southern stingrays. Due to the lack of seagrasses, rocks, or other cover, there are few if any fish near the beach. Walking along the beach to the right (north) one passes several other resorts and then ends up at a public park where the beach remains washed away up to the treeline from Hurricane Sandy. Walking toward the left (south) there are more resorts and some restaurants including Margaritaville. The beach is public up to the high water mark, and vendors and performers walk the beach selling music, cigars, excursions, and a few basically are openly selling ganja. The resort has guards who will chase them away if you seem annoyed, or if they are behaving overly aggressive. Mostly, a pleasant no thank you was enough to send them on their way. Resort guests on the beach were generally in their 30s-50s, obviously all couples, and wearing all manner of swimsuits from one pieces down to skimpy thongs. There were some topless female sunbathers as well, but no au naturel sunbathing at this resort. Overall, the vibe seemed younger, more American, and a bit more party oriented than at Sans Souci.

Food choices at Swept Away were considerably more expansive than at Sans Souci. There were two beach restaurants - Seagrapes and the Beach Grill. Seagrapes was "vegetarian" but really what Americans would call "pescetarian" as snapper and fish tacos were on the menu. The Beach Grill had snapper sandwiches, jerk chicken and jerk burgers. Both had self serve fountain sodas and ice cream and fountain red-stripe beer. There were two restaurants open for breakfast and dinner - The Palms and Patois Patio. The Palms was a combination of buffet and full service restaurant, and Patois Patio was full service only. We enjoyed the fruit and omelets at The Palms, and the eggs benedict and banana stuffed French toast at Patois Patio. The repeaters dinner was also held at Patois Patio and seemed merely standard. The dinner at Patois Patio on lobster night was half a properly cooked and seasoned spiny lobster tail. I am watching my calories, so I resisted the urge to request seconds, but I would easily have been able to request more if I had desired. The reservation-only dinner restaurants were Lemongrass (Thai) and Feathers (Caribbean / Continental). We ate at Lemongrass twice and enjoyed both meals very much - more for the fact that the food was entirely different from anything else at the resort, than because of the innate quality of the food itself. One dish, however, did stand out - the snapper with yellow curry was very well done, with the snapper cooked to just the right tenderness and the sauce complimenting the fish well. We ate at Feathers twice, and the first time was a disaster - they forgot they had given us our appetizer and so gave us a second helping by mistake, neglected to replace our silverware between courses, at one point gave us a random drink of rum cream in the middle of our meal that was intended for another table, and vastly overcooked our main entrée course (beef tenderloin). On the second trip back, things were much better - the steak and lamb were properly cooked, and the service was near-perfect. Overall, while varied compared to Sans Souci, the food selection is still in no way even close to five-star.

The drinks at the bars remained a highlight of the couples experience: the so-called Dirty Banana, Snake Eyes, and the venerable Pina Colada being the mainstay of our bar selection from the beach bars. They did have Glenlivet 12 year at the bars at Lemongrass and Feathers, as well as at the piano bar, which made for a good drink with a splash of water or soda. The manager's wine list was on the pricey side for the wines that were included, which is probably to be expected given the need for the wines to be imported. Most of the better wines were from California, and can be had for much less in the States. We did not tip bartenders, nor did we feel any pressure to do so.

The fitness center was located across the street from the rest of the resort. There are crossing guards to make sure you can cross the road safely. We used the treadmills and the weight area only - which were located outdoors. Because of the heat, we only worked out early in the AM around 7 o'clock. There were only three treadmills and they seemed in high demand. There were some ellipticals and stationary bicycles that seemed easier to come by. There were also tennis courts and an inviting appearing lap pool that looked to be Olympic sized or nearly so. The spa was located nearby, but we did not use it here.

We didn't get to see much of the nightly entertainment because we were often tired out from a long day of working out, scuba diving x 2, and a long afternoon of sunning, swimming, and imbibing alcohol. We did head to the piano bar once and enjoyed the show from Ultimate Chocolate and Jamaica's Last Virgin. We missed the Silver Birds at Swept Away, but saw them later at Sans Souci - they gave a good performance, but I don't think steel drum bands are my "style". Probably the best music we heard all week was from the heavyset beach performer who walks with the limp - whose rendition of Seven Spanish Angels about brought me to tears.

The trip across the island to Sans Souci was originally scheduled for 8:45AM, but we were able to delay this until 4PM so that we did not miss out on a day's worth of scuba diving in Negril. We were the only passengers in our resort-arranged transportation, and did not have to stop at the airport as others have reported. We arrived at San Souci after sunset - I am not sure that I would recommend a drive through the hills of Jamaica after dark for those who become carsick easily. I will review the second half of the stay at San Souci under that resort's heading at another time.

With regard to our stay at Swept Away, however, I can say that our stay here complemented our time at Sans Souci, and that I would stay here again given the opportunity.

Pros:
- Better diving than at Ocho Rios
- Nothing comparable to Premier Beachfront Suites in Ocho Rios
- World class beach - one of the best in the Caribbean
- Thai restaurant adds to food variety

Cons:
- At times, felt like a trip to the Florida Keys with all the Americans
- Food selections generally good, but repetitive

Room Tip: Premier beachfront suites are expensive but have large corner balconies. Not all of these rooms hav...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
22 Thank gatordude99
New Jersey
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 August 2014

My husband and I went here for our honeymoon and stayed for 9 days. We stayed in a grand jacuzzi room. The room was absolutely beautiful. The room service and stock up of the mini bar was beyond our expectations. The food here is tasteful, small portions but worth every bite. They don't have the need to throw tons of bland food at you. Do the breakfast room service, it's a little bite before the buffet or Patios.
The staff is very polite. This is a very romantic and relaxing place. One of the best beaches I have ever been to!! And I'm the type of girl who only stays at the pool. Here, I was at the beach every morning. The water was so calm. The floaties are cool. The sunsets are amazing!! The jacuzzis are hottttttt. We didn't mind. The spa was great too and a wonderful gym.
The two things that bothered me were the bees by the Cabana Grill, you could never pour your own soft drink. I think the staff should take the drink orders to avoid the bees. Also, one of the two jacuzzis at the swim-up bar was out of order.
The guests here were also very nice and approachable.
Highly recommend and we are looking forward to couples again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
7 Thank jessica A
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed at Swept Away for a week from Aug 2-9 and had a blast! We can't wait to return. The beach is stunning, the food delicious and the service excellent. We enjoyed Patois Patio the most for their breakfasts and dinners. Loved the lobster, the banana stuffed French toast, the pancakes, and eggs. The Cabana Grill was delicious too and we enjoyed the nachos and cheese (you can have salsa, sour cream and guacamole with the nachos too), the cheeseburger, the onion rings and beef patties and coco bread. There was Jamaican foods too such as ackee and salt fish (my favourite), and oxtail. We were there for Independence Day, as the resort had a spread of Jamaican fruits, desserts, beverages and Jerk chicken along with entertainment on the beach this day. The food is out of this world and there is something for everyone.

The staff is so much fun! The entertainment staff and water sports staff are so friendly. Most nights, we danced the night away at the club. Great music and drinks there. You have to try the Bob Marley shot. One night we were there, they had a casino night and then an auction after. It was so much fun!

We snorkelled, went on the catamaran cruise and did the glass bottom boat ride. Keep in mind to do the scuba diving class/dive, you have to first complete swimming eight laps consecutively in the main pool. This was very tough to do. The bonfire was so romantic.

We only went out of the resort for the One Love Bus Crawl which took us to six bars in Negril. It was also fun.

There is so much to do at the resort. We took the couples massage class and learned some techniques. We took the Jamaica History class, the classes on how to make martinis, and margaritas and Jamaican food. We would highly recommend taking the Orientation Tour and the Nature Tour. We are still in awe at the many different plants at the resort, including 72 different palm trees at the resort. Wow!

The night time presentations at Palms restaurant were excellent and of high quality. We danced there to music from the Exodus band. The band is so good.

The fitness complex is amazing, but very few people use it. We had many delicious smoothies and milkshakes at its Wellness Bar and used the jacuzzi there too.

Our suite was amazing! We stayed in a Beach Front Verandah Suite - a corner unit - on the third floor - next to Patois Patio. It was the perfect location! The view from this room is stunning!

I would highly recommend a trip to Swept Away. We met many couples who were on return visits to the resort - one couple was visiting the resort for the tenth time! As indicated before, we can't wait to return.

Enjoy!

Room Tip: Beachfront Verandah Suite - third floor corner unit - Room 4321.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
13 Thank Dynolee
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2014

Loved our 4th trip to this spectacular location; there is a reason we keep coming back to this resort and they haven't let us down yet. We stayed in a Great House Verandah Suite and I think we found our favorite room category. The second you enter the double doors and the air conditioned hallways you feel like your in a hotel as opposed to the other room categories. The double doors also do an amazing job of sound proofing so it eliminates the road noise the boom boom music from the bar across the street which we could never escape in any other location we stayed. As stated this is hands down the best stretch of beach on the island of Jamaica and the Watersports team at CSA do a phenomenal job of grooming it each morning. We are early risers and they were always up and at it before either one of us had a chance to reserve a hut. Yes you have to be an early bird if you want a hut but I will say since our first visit the vegitation has grown so much along the beach that there is plenty of shady areas so don't fret and stress. We arrived at 1:00pm on our first day and easily found a nice a fully covered area under the trees. After taking a couple years off and trying out a Sandals in between our last visit I can state everything about CSA is better than the Sandals we visited. Starting with free Wi-fi everywhere; having to pay to get Wi-fi on our last vacation was a real head-scratcher to us. I mean really, resorts that still charge for this feature will start to lose business if they don't change this policy. Thankfully CSA not only has it free but it's everywhere and exceptionally fast for the amount of usage. I saw/heard many people using Skype and Facetime right on the beach with no difficulty whatsoever. Also the food was so much better than our Sandals experience we don't know if they will get another shot at our Vacation $$'s. I see a lot of reviews complaining about the food selection and quality at this resort and I can't agree with that assessment. First off resort food is just that, your not eating at Michelin rated restaurants in Manhattan. It's not always going to be piping hot, but freshness was never an issue the entire week we were there. There is plenty selection at The Palms for all meals and you can certainly get hot fresh food cooked to order if you're willing to wait at breakfast and dinner. No issue at Patois, Lemongrass or Feather's as all meals are a'la carte and pretty much made to order. Yes they re-purpose items but in the interest of food conservation and waste reduction and never at the risk of food safety. The staff in all restaurants were outstanding, friendly and so attentive. I've seen a few complaints about the food service staff in other reviews and all I can say is if you treat people with kindness and respect you will get it in return. We always say hello to all the staff coming in and thank all the staff as we left all the restaurants and we never had a bad experience in any locations. The staff at CSA work very hard and go home to cities that look nothing like what most of us experience in the developed world. Many times the server we had at a late supper at Lemongrass would be the same server pouring our coffee at 7:30 am with a smile on their face. I'm sure the dichotomy in the conditions we spent that 10 hours as opposed to the server is huge. To those who have complaints about the staff I say you might want to look inward at how you interact/treat them. We even had servers who weren't in our section but had served us at other meals or on other days come over to say hello and ask us how our day/night was going. The staff at this resort are the best at any resort we've experienced and they are also a big part of the reason why we come back. We had absolutely fabulous meals on many occasions in all locations and had no trouble getting reservations for every night we requested. Hey guys, dress for meals, leave the logo T-shirts and baseball caps in the room; at least throw on a Polo shirt with a collar for dinner. You know your lady is going to dress up and look cute for dinner so fellas step it up; can't tell you how many times we saw lady's in nice summer dresses sitting across from men in t-shirts, cargo shorts and baseball caps at dinner! Grown men who don't know to take their hats off at the dinner table? C'mon guys pack some light slacks and some collared shirts not just for Feathers. When we're on vacation we are very laid back, but in talking to others this resort has more than enough included activities to keep you going. No it's not raw raw with activities, and party party atmosphere but there are more than enough resorts that are built for that. CSA is about relaxing, and reconnecting with your significant other. If you want to nitpick every little thing you could; our maid inexplicably skipped us one day but since there is turn-down service every evening the room was 100% when we got back after dinner. We didn't receive our departure package so we had to call to find out when our shuttle was leaving and sure enough they had to run back to our room to grab our bags while the whole shuttle waited. Since we were leaving at that point we said if that was the worse thing that happened the whole 10 days we were doing ok. As we sat at the returning couples dinner with people who have been to this resort nine times and heard stories of couples that had visited CSA 30+ times we have no qualms about returning as often as possible. As long as they continue to meet the high standards they have set I'll continue to give this resort full marks. CSA you have firmly planted yourself in our vacation rotation.
On another note we decided to book into Club Mobay at MBJ airport for our departure and what a huge win this was for us. Our flight was delayed 3 hours and instead of sitting in an uncomfortable airport we had air-conditioning, wi-fi, TV's, free alcohol and food in an otherwise empty lounge with the nicest staff. All this for $22.00 and when we skipped over to our gate 30 mins before departure we saw some unhappy, uncomfortable folks and we were fresh and feeling good. You also get fast-tracked through TSA and when that airport is busy that alone can save you 30-40 mins. Club Mobay will also be a must do for us when we visit Jamaica and CSA; which will be happening again very soon!

Room Tip: Loved the Greathouse Top Floor-Very Quiet, no road noise at all!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Cleanliness
18 Thank dgh33
Bel Air, Maryland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This is my home away from home. Once you visit you will feel the same way!
We have been to CSA 3 time and we got married there December 2014. The staff is amazing and try to make you feel at home. They go above and beyond to make you feel comfortable during your stay. The rooms are so nice and clean and the beach is a beautiful white sand beach on 7 mile beach. All of the restaurants are nice, but feathers is my favorite place for dinner. For Feathers and Lemon Grass you will have to make reservation. The front desk is happy to do this for you. There are bars on the beach and at the pool by Patios. You will never get bored at this resort with all of the activities included. The sports hut has kayaks, snorkeling, water skiing, hobycat and many more. There are plenty of chairs and floats on the beach and they have a staff that waits on you for drinks while relaxing. The only negative of the beach is the locals are allowed to walk on 7 mile beach to sell stuff, some are singers and it is nice to hear a Jamaican sing to you. There are security guards during the day and they will come up if they see the locals bothering anyone. Entertainment staff will have your attention every night, they are amazing and know how to have fun. On Wednesday nights they have a bonfire on the beach with Shyam Moses, he is a local artist. We had him sing at our wedding and he has such a great voice. Across the street from Couples is their sports complex and spa. There are several classes to take and great place to relax if you have had a busy day in the sun. I could go on for days about this resort. If you want an amazing resort with an exceptional staff that make you feel at home, stop searching! This place is for you and you will not regret booking at CSA. You won't want to go anywhere else after booking here.

Room Tip: Rooms near the restaurants are a little noisy. We love the atrium suites on the second floor with a...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
9 Thank Amber P
Reno, Nevada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was an awesome place just for couples. It was very romantic like a place out of the movies. All the activities including scuba were included in the water sports. Restaraunts were amazing. Staff was all accomodating. No tiping was allowed but I wish they would change that because the workers don't make much money. But understand why they do it.

Room Tip: Beach Front suites have a great view of the ocean and a very nice patio. Our room was perfect.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
      Rooms
5 Thank Tammra B
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
#9 of 84 in Negril
#16 of 84 in Negril
4.0 of 5 bubbles 2,172 reviews
Hotel Riu Palace Tropical Bay
Iberostar Grand Hotel Rose Hall

Been to Couples Swept Away? Share your experiences!