My husband and I just returned from CSA (stayed August 8 thru August 15) and both agreed that it has been our favorite place we've stayed. We are 44 years old and have been to the Bahamas, DR, and Riveria Maya. We stayed in an atrium suite, block 26 room 2125 lower level. Our first room was in block 29 room1232 and we asked to be moved because it was right next to The Palms restaurant and they had entertainment in the evening til around 11:30. It was very loud from our room. We tried to get to sleep by 10:30 so this didn't work for us. However, the view from this room was amazing. We were moved the next day without any problem. Room 2125 was in the middle of the resort and though we didn't have the view, we were very happy with this choice. It was less then a minute to walk to the beach and we were right in front of the sunset bar. The best spot on the beach in my opinion.
The beach is by far the best we have been to and CSA has the best stretch along the way. We took the glass bottom boat past other resorts and they didn't seem as nice...especially Sandals. We couldn't decide between Couples and Sandals and after seeing their beach we knew we made the right decision. We also enjoyed the treatment while at the beach. They brought out cold towels, snow cones, fruit kabobs, and would wait on you for drinks. We chose to get our own drinks since we were so close to the bar but it would be nice if you were further away. The floating mats are on every beach lounger and add so much to your beach experience. Floating on those mats in the ocean is what I will miss most about our vacation! The local vendors were not a problem for us. By the end of the week we knew their names. We purchased a bracelet from Andrea and a CD from one of the musicians named Fire. During the day a simple no thank you was accepted and they moved on, but they were more aggressive at night and it made it difficult to enjoy the beach in the evening.
We walked to Margaritaville one morning to buy souvenirs and it was a short 10 minute walk. There are also other small shops and bars along the way if you want to get off the resort for awhile.
CSA offers a lot of activities. My husband tried paddle boarding for the first time and he loved it once he got his balance! The water sports guys were great and very willing to help. We signed up for the catamaran trip but it was cancelled due to bad weather. My advice would be to schedule it early during your stay so if you get rained out you can re-schedule it for another day. We were not able to do this because we scheduled ours for Wednesday and they didn't offer it on Thursday and we were leaving on Friday.
Overall the food was very good. Nothing was great but nothing was bad either. We really enjoyed the fish tacos at Seagrapes during the afternoons and the lobster on Saturdays was good and included at no extra charge like some resorts do. Patios was our favorite place for dinner but we didn't eat at Feathers or Lemongrass which are the 2 restaurants you need reservations for. This time of year is very hot and humid and my husband didn't want to wear pants as required for Feathers, and we had heard from others that Lemongrass was extremely hot as it is not air conditioned and on the second floor.
We went to the piano bar one night and had a good time. They hand out song books and everyone sings along. It is also air conditioned so a great place to cool off if your hot! We also watched the steel drum band one evening which was followed by the bonfire on the beach. We really enjoyed this evening and it was the best night we had at the resort. We wished they had the bonfire every night. They had a wonderful guitar singer who sang soft romantic music and you could hear the sound of the waves in the background. On a side note, there was a group of very loud English people who I felt were disrespectful as they were standing right next to the singer. We had to move away from them to enjoy the moment. Just thought it was worth saying as I have read some English people refer to Americans as being loud:-)
We took the One Love Bar Crawl which was fun if you want to see the cliffs side of Negril and we also booked a private tour with Big Ship Tours to Black River, YS Falls and Pelican Bar. Dudley was our driver and he was excellent! I would recommend him and this tour. CSA has a tour desk but they don't take you to the Pelican Bar and we wanted to go there. Dudley went out of his way to make stops to experience the Jamaican culture.
If you decide to do either of the tours you may want to bring school supplies for the children of Jamaica. Both drivers will see to it that they are distributed to those that need them.
We took the orientation tour of the resort the first day we got there with Author. He was a nice young man and we learned a lot about the resort. I would recommend taking the tour to find out anything you may want to know.
I hope to return to CSA and would recommend it to anyone going to Jamaica. It is not a fancy resort with lots of marble and fountains. If that is what you prefer then I would look elsewhere. It is more rustic and a place I believe Frank Lloyd Wright would love as it is all about bringing the beauty of the natural surroundings to you. If you appreciate nature then you will love CSA!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, TravelUp, LoveHolidays, Travelbag, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Holiday Gems and Destinology so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril