After years of prodding, some close family friends convinced us to travel with them. As a long time Sandals Diamond member, I had HIGH expectations. Swept away did NOT disappoint. Loved the tropical feel of the resort. Beach is close regardless of where your room is. The resort has a long beachfront and is narrow so everyone room is less than 5 minutes from the beach. Every beach chair, which are plentiful, also had a float (which are welcome in the ocean, pay attention to this Sandals). Room was comfortable and clean, but a little more rustic than Sandals. Room had shutters that could be opened and closed which welcomed the nightly sounds of the tree frogs (or what we call Caribbean crickets). When shutters are closed, room is quite private and capable of cooling via the AC. Our room had a large patio with a view of the beach. great place for a sunrise/sunset. Several restaurants that offer buffet or menu service. Only one requires pants, collared shirt, closed toe shoes. Food was plentiful and tasty. Love the all inclusive nature. Drinks plentiful and my favorite, soft serve ice cream. As a BIG scuba diver, I always look for that and judge with a critical eye. I found the dive operation to be professionally run. Dive sites are within 10-15 minute boat rides (or closer). Rental equipment is ScubaPro and in good shape. For non divers, they offer a Discover Scuba Diving course for free that gets you into gear, into the pool and on a boat within an hour. for experienced divers, morning 1 tank dives on Monday and Wednesday are Advanced dives only (deeper). They also offer a 1 tank dive at 1:00 PM to shallower reefs. Saturday is a 2 tank morning dive. Typical check-in is 8 am with the boat pulling out by 8:30 and back by 10. Allows you to get a dive in and still have most of the day for hanging on the beach. We WILL be back.
Side note - Good WIFI connectivity. FAST
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Odigeo, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril