Our trip to Couples Swept Away was absolutely the most spectacular beach vacation ever. The rooms were gorgeous, large, and clean... and surrounded by lush vegetation or sitting in the sand, steps from the ocean. The food was fresh, creative, inspired, delicious. Our favorites for lunch were Sea Grapes or the Palm. The fresh snapper, veggies, and sweet potato chips were so tasty and the made to order Chicken Caesar salad at the Palm was better than any 5 star restaurant! Our favorite dinners were found at LemonGrass (SCRUMPTIOUS) and the Friday night beach party (authentic Jamaican food). I prefered The Palm's variety for breakfast, my partner prefered a lighter breakfast of room service fruit and coffee delivered to the room. Actually, I enjoyed both, every morning. Ha. The service was unsurpassed. The staff were always helpful and catered to our every need. Too many to list here, but be sure I named our favorites on the comment card! They were the reason the vibe is so relaxing and peaceful. The beach was the most beautiful I've ever seen, and I've seen alot. In fact, we never got in the pool once. The sailing, snorkeling, and catamaran cruises that were all included, were fantastic! We loved having the option to lay on the beaches all morning, have lunch, and go sailing on a whim, just the two of us. For free. And the local Jamaicans down the beach made the trip even more memorable than imaginable. We loved walking down (facing the ocean, turn left) the beach and even had a drink at a local bar/house for rent with a tree swing in the front. Our overall experience was incredible.
We have always loved to travel and explore the world, seeing new cities and new cultures, but this trip has actually made us want to return to the very same resort and have this very vacation over and over again... It was supurb.
Oh, we went for 5 days and returned Easter Sunday (April 12, 2009). We highly recommend flying TimAir's 15 minute flight directly to Montego Bay, especially on your last day... it gave us 2 more hours at CSA and great views of Jamaica from the air. Worth every penny.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril