My boyfriend and I went in mid July for about 7 days and we absolutely loved it... As soon as we got out of the van from the airport, we were greeted w/ Champagne and cold face towels. We didn't have to carry our luggage, they take care of everything for you.
The amentities at Couples are great. A full blown fitness room, in addition to instructors to teach you swimming and/ or tennis... Yoga classes, pool table, ping pong, and even a running trail. True athletes and fitness buffs will appreciate the amentities. We worked out every morning... Couples also has a spa, which is very relaxing. The overall sports complex has a rating of 10+ in my book. (The resort even has its own crossing guard to stop traffic to get you across the street)
The restaurant service was great. There is normally one bad apple to ruin the trip, but everyone in the dining rooms was very respectful... Considering its an all inclusive trip, you can order as many things as you want off the menu and they will bring you EVERYTHING... LOL. During the trip, we booked a private dinner on the beach. Our server was very nice (which may even be an understatement)...
A few of the surrounding resorts didn't look to savvy, so Couples is definintely more curb appealing... The location of the Couples Swept Away location is not in a "lively" part of Jamaica... There's Rick's Cafe, but we didn't really see any nightclubs (except Maragritaville)... So if you're looking for clubs, etc, this location is not where you want to be. However, Couples does have about 3-4 other locations in Jamaica.
To wrap up my review, because I can go on and on about Couples, I would recommend this resort to anyone. It's very secure, clean and the staff demonstrates and acts on good customer service morales.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Ebookers, Destinology, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril