To sum up, this resort was AMAZING. First of all, I loved how it was not one of those super-tall monstrosities that you see in Cancun or somewhere like that. The rooms were more bungalow-style, with just a couple grouped together, and everyone gets their own private back porch.
The food was great. It was a nice combo of American and Jamaican cuisine. You never had to eat the same things for any meal as there was always some variety. If you do like seafood though, this place cooks some amazing fish. The breakfasts were always great because they had whatever you could be in the mood for: eggs, omelets made to order, pancakes, danishes, some of the freshest fruit you'll ever have, and a variety of real Jamaican breakfast foods as well.
I stayed in one of the cheapest rooms and I was still so close to the beach. The beach and the water there are so beautiful. Even my friend's mom who travels all the time said that this resort had the most beautiful sand and water that she'd ever seen. Each beach chair had a raft on top so you could float out in the water or sit out in the sand. There were bars along the beach as well so you didn't have to travel far to get a drink.
I really loved how this resort sort of caters more to people 25ish and older so there weren't any loud frat boys puking or anything like that. I'm 28 and my friends and I were among the youngest people there. The atmosphere was very relaxed and mature, but not boring by any means.
After dark when the beaches were closed, there's a pool and two hot tubs, as well as a place that serves late-night type food (burgers, hotdogs, sandwiches, etc) until 5am. And since it is a couples resort, most people go back to their rooms after dinner so those places were pretty much vacant.
I felt incredibly safe here. I know that Jamaica can be a dangerous place but Couples managed to keep unwanted people out while not making us feel like we were in Fort Knox.
There is a lot included with your room, not just food and drinks, but also snorkeling, a catamaran ride, water skiing, etc. A bunch of my friends took advantage of the skiing, and we all went on the catamaran which was really fun. The only thing we wound up paying out of pocket for was night-time snorkeling, which was really fun and different (and only $35).
It was just such an amazing place and all of my friends who came said they will be definitely going back. It's great if you're going with a wife/boyfriend/husband/girlfriend because the rooms are so secluded and you really feel cut off from everything. But going with friends was still a great time too. Amazing place.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Odigeo, Expedia, Destinology, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril