My husband I just returned from our 2nd amazing trip to Couples Swept Away. We flew US Airways out of Philly which was our only negative; we will never fly them again. They do not let you choose your seats ahead of time so they had us sitting on separate ends of the plane coming and going. Luckily we found someone to switch with us going but coming back, no luck. They don’t even seat children with their parents!
Once we arrived in Jamaica to the Couples Lounge for a Red Stripe and off to Swept Away. Check in was a breeze since I had done the pre-check in for Romance Rewards repeat guests online our welcome gifts were waiting. Sipped some champagne and 15 minutes later we were in our 2nd story Garden Verandah room. We loved the location and could even partially see the ocean. Is there some road noise outside? Yes, but I could not hear it in the room. Our AC worked great, mini bar was stocked, and we had a nice flat screen TV. As with our last trip we heard many 1st time guests complaining they did not have a TV in their room. Do some research, Couple’s website clearly states which rooms do and don’t have what, if it is important to you book the right room! The property as a whole it is still breathtaking, clean huge beach, tropical gardens and spotless facilities.
After our trip last year I really did not think that the service in this resort could get better, but it did! You see every employee doing that little extra to make your trip fantastic. Several employees remembered us from last year and we really enjoyed seeing them again. Everything is still No Problem and with a smile. We got to eat at Feathers this year which was very nice but I must say a little cold for me. I prefer the open air tropical feel of the other restaurants but our meal was delicious and service impeccable. This trip we ate meals and snacks in every restaurant and again could not find anything we didn’t like. I encourage people to remember you are in Jamaica; drink Red Stripe and have a beef patty by the pool, yes they have burgers and fries but you are really losing out if you don’t experience the other food they offer, the choices are endless. Branch out and try the Thai at Lemongrass, the jerk chicken dishes at Patios or goat cheese appetizer at Feathers, you won’t be disappointed!
This trip we went on the Catarmeran Cruise and the snorkel trip. The “water sports bothers” are awesome and Rasta Ralphie was very entertaining. We got to use the gym facilities which were modern and clean. Go early b/c it is open air and it gets hot over there. We also did a tour through the excursions desk to YS Falls. We had a private driver and went on a boat tour of the Black River to see crocodiles first. YS is one of the best excursions ever. The ride is long and bumpy but the waterfalls are beautiful. We tipped one of the guys who worked there a few dollars to take our pictures swimming in the falls and they came great, what a great memory. We had a couple of Red Stripes and lunch there and then had our driver stop at Times Square for us back in Negril to do some shopping.
Our reason for coming to Swept Away this trip was for the New Years Eve celebration and we were not disappointed. Starting around 6:30pm there was a full cocktail party with food, drinks and music then onto our reserved table at the Palms for a Grand Gala Buffet and every food imaginable and 4 more musical acts all of which was fantastic. I cannot explain the amount of work that goes into this evening it was beyond impressive. At midnight they release hundreds of balloons from the ceiling and the entertainment continues until everyone moves to Aura Lounge for the DJ and more dancing. There are so many details about this celebration that I can’t explain them all except to say that I am sure it cannot be topped.
Once of the best things about this trip was being a repeat guest, you are treated extra special. We had registered for the resort’s Romance Rewards program after out 1st trip. On this trip it entitled us to pre check in, free repeat guest T-shirts, free couples massage, an invitation to the special repeaters dinner, and a cooler bag with water and snacks at check out.
One last note: While we recommend this resort to everyone I strongly encourage people to research a destination or resort before they choose to go. We met many couples who paid a lot of money to go to CSA but only wanted to party all day and night and this just isn’t that atmosphere. I can’t understand how people go on vacation to a place like this especially for NYE and not bring any shoes other than sneakers or flip flops and only shorts to wear? There is a dress code for the restaurants and we saw several people get turned away each meal for not adhering to it. Again do your research and pick a place that offers your speed vacation.
We can’t wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Holiday Gems, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Priceline, TravelUp, Destinology, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril