We booked CSA in January of 2010 for an escape from the New England weather in March 2010 and we were not in the least bit disappointed with anything. The only problem was that we didn't book a long enough trip! We stayed for 7 nights and wished we had booked 10! I always rely on TripAdvisor when booking my vacations and this is the second time I have booked a trip based on others reviews and absolutely loved my trip. This time, I thought I would write a review of my own in hopes that it will help someone else choose a fantastic vacation.
We were looking for a relaxing vacation with no worries or plans in advance. CSA had the perfect mix for us. We found the activities provided by the resort perfect and right up our alley, namely the daily Scuba Diving. We did go on two excursions outside of the resort and fully enjoyed both of them. Chukka Dune Buggies and Rhodes Hall Plantation Horse Back Riding.
The property at Swept Away is peaceful and romantic with lot's of winding pathways lit with twinkly lights at night. The beach has sugary sand and the water is a perfect 79 degrees. CSA keeps the beach immaculate and has excellent security keeping the "vendors" away from the guests. They are not allowed past the surf line and a simple no thanks sends them on their way. The green flag in the sand to signal you would like a beverage was probably my favorite service! I never did get my hands on those cold towels that come around but did enjoy the fruit kabobs. The beach and activities get a perfect score from me. On to the food and beverages.....We ate at all of the restaurants on the property and loved every single one! The service is excellent especially for the ladies. They actually understand how things are supposed to work down there! Love it! I read a couple of reviews that complained there wasn't enough food. I'll just clarify by saying that the meals are appropriately sized based on proper proportions and are fantastic. The food was wonderful and they really do have top shelf liquor. My only word of caution is in regards to housekeeping. You are given 4 towels each day and two are meant for the beach. If you like fresh towels or more than 1 each, then make sure to trade in your beach towels at the towel hut on the beach before heading back to your room. The resort is environmentally friendly and takes great strides to conserve water and energy. I applaud them for that.
All in all, I can't say enough positive things about Couples Swept Away! It is a definite bargain for what you pay and get in return. The staff is wonderful and I am anxious to book my next trip back soon!!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Holiday Gems, TravelUp, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Ebookers, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril