Stayed at Swept Away for our 35th wedding anniversary. We booked almost a year in advance and paid for a Oceanview Verandah Suite, the most you could pay for a room. When we arrived, our room did not have a view of the ocean unless you stood on a chair in a far corner of the balcony. We talked to several managers and after 3 hours we were given a beachfront verandah room for 3 days and moved to another room for the remainder of the trip. Be warned that if you book a room that says it has a view 0f the ocean, you may not get that view. Also, you cannot ask for a certain room number. It is the luck of the draw or as the managers said," You book a room catagory, not a room. Some of the much less expensive rooms have ocean views but you cannot book those rooms either. After taking a tour of Sandals Negril we discovered that you can book a specific room there. You get what you request there and also what you pay for. All of the rooms are beautiful and look new.
The food and drinks were excellent at Swept Away and the staff ( not the managers) went above and beyond to make you happy. The beach was awesome and the activities were all great. We loved everything about the resort except the rooms. They really could use some work. The bathtubs were old and chipped and the furniture was worn and has definitely seen better days.
If the room condition and view does not matter to you, I would stay at Swept Away. And who knows, you may be one of the lucky people who get a good room. But if you want a guanteed beautiful room, this is not the place for you.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Immediately upon entering Couples Swept Away, you realize that you have arrived in paradise. Exotic flowers bloom amidst acres of green—on seven miles of the purest white sand beach in Negril, Jamaica. Dotted among the tropical gardens—open-air cafes, small pool enclaves and fresh fruit oases are yours to discover. Never crowded or hurried, the resort offers an intimate tranquility and when desired, total seclusion. All rooms embrace a quiet elegance with island cedar furnishings and pure white linens. Plantation shutters open onto private verandahs with views of gardens and azure sea. Breezy open-air restaurants engage candle-lit lanterns and billowing white curtains to strike a romantic note. While the pristine 10-acre sports complex encompasses every imaginable activity, the superb spa serves as a haven of relaxation. Couples Swept Away simply captures your heart and soothes your soul. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Holiday Gems, Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, LoveHolidays, TravelUp, Hotels.com, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, getaroom.com and Evoline ltd so you can book your Couples Swept Away reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Couples Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Hotel Negril
- Jamaica Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Resort
- Negril Couples Swept Away
- Swept Away Negril
- Couples Swept Away Jamaica
- Couples Negril