Couples Swept Away
US$99
  • Pool
US$212
US$193
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$69
US$120
US$61
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$148
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$78
Cancelon
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
US$484
US$469
Bookit.com
5,704 results
All reviewscabana grillsports complexatrium suitesea grapespatois patiocatamaran cruisemartini bargreat houseultimate chocolatebanana stuffed french toastaura loungefeathers restaurantpatios patiolemongrass restaurantour honeymoonfish tacosswim up bar
Reviewed 5 July 2010

My wife and I stayed here for a week to enjoy our honeymoon and a little rest and relaxation. We have stayed at several other all-inclusive resorts before but have never stayed in Jamaica. We found this resort on Tripadvisor and read the reviews and were somewhat leary but decided to book it anyway since it was located on one of the best beaches in Jamaica. Our stay overall was nice, however there were a few bumps in the road but nothing really bad.

Airport Transfer- Yes, it is about 1 1/2 hours from the airport to the resort. Our first transfer was an adventure to say the least as our driver was speeding, running other people off the roads, and passing on curves. Our second driver was much better and we actually got to enjoy the ride along the coast. The transfer company is not Couples itself so make sure you bring some money to tip both the driver and the guys at the airport that come and get your luggage.

Resort// Staff- The resort is rather large with almost all the buildings looking alike. We just always took the path along the beach as it went from end to end of the resort. We never got lost by doing this. The resort is clean, the sand is always raked, and is very lushious with tropical foliage and palm trees. The staff were hit or miss. Most were friendly, some seemed to be having a bad day, and others were some of the best staff we have come to meet at a resort. Overall, I would say that the staff are good. The food at this resort is the best that I had at any all inclusive. It was very tasty, especially their jerk specialties. The resort also has a catamarran cruise that lasts about 2 hours. It was great and i highly recommend you try it. It takes you down the coast and eventually stops at a spot where you can swim and go into some caves along the coast. It was a lot of fun. There were seveal other things offered like scuba, snorkeling, and a glass bottom boat ride but we did not do any of these so I can't tell you how they are.

Rooms- We stayed in a Great House Veranda Suite which was very nice. We were on the top floor and had a view of the ocean. We liked the location because it was close to the main pool, multiple restaurants, internet cafe, and the night club. The rooms as many have mentioned are basic but clean. They are not fancy by any means but always smelled fresh and the bed was comfortable. The A/C worked extremely well and the celing fans in both the room and on the balcony added a nice touch. We did enjoy the minibar in the room which was restocked but really never watched too much TV.

Beach- This is where the resort stands out above the rest. The location on the seven mile beach is amazing. The beach went on forever and the water was very blue and clear. Also, being on the west coast of Jamaica there never seemed to be any large waves which was nice because you could just relax and float in the water for hours. We love the beach and it was the main reason why we picked the resort. The beach did not disappoint whatsoever. The only drawback to the beach was the vendors that are constantly running up and down the beach trying to sell whatever they can. We even saw a guy trying to sell lobsters... In the hot jamaican sun with no ice, I think I'll pass.

There were a few minor hiccups during our stay. The first one I will say is to be aware of your belongings. I had a very nice pair of sandals that I bought just for this trip. They were stolen within the first couple hours of my first day on the beach. I did not report it to the security because really, what can they do anyway. Thankfully they didn't touch my $400 dollar camera or my sunglasses. We did have a power outtage which wasn't the resort's fault but the rooms did get warm quickly with no a/c and we had the pleasure of listening to our neighbor demonstrating what happens when you drink too much. The last day, the staff never came to pick our bags up for a trip home as they advised they would. We had to carry all our luggage down the stairs (no elevator) from the top floor. The gift shops are also very expensive, $23 for a pair of replacement flip flops for my stolen sandals. They also did not accept cash so you will have to charge it to the room our pay by credit card.

Overall- The resort is nice. It is on a great location and the staff for the most part are very friendly. It has great food and the rooms are nice and clean. There are plenty of activities to do during the day or at night. The beach is amazing!!!! I would recommend it to somebody looking to stay in Jamaica and is looking for a decent resort to stay at. It is adults only so you won't have any screaming kids to contend with. I would say the value of the resort is on par for what it offers. I think Mexico offers better "bang" for your buck but it's your call.

2  Thank YoungBuckTravel
Reviewed 4 July 2010

Stayed at Swept Away for our 35th wedding anniversary. We booked almost a year in advance and paid for a Oceanview Verandah Suite, the most you could pay for a room. When we arrived, our room did not have a view of the ocean unless you stood on a chair in a far corner of the balcony. We talked to several managers and after 3 hours we were given a beachfront verandah room for 3 days and moved to another room for the remainder of the trip. Be warned that if you book a room that says it has a view 0f the ocean, you may not get that view. Also, you cannot ask for a certain room number. It is the luck of the draw or as the managers said," You book a room catagory, not a room. Some of the much less expensive rooms have ocean views but you cannot book those rooms either. After taking a tour of Sandals Negril we discovered that you can book a specific room there. You get what you request there and also what you pay for. All of the rooms are beautiful and look new.
The food and drinks were excellent at Swept Away and the staff ( not the managers) went above and beyond to make you happy. The beach was awesome and the activities were all great. We loved everything about the resort except the rooms. They really could use some work. The bathtubs were old and chipped and the furniture was worn and has definitely seen better days.
If the room condition and view does not matter to you, I would stay at Swept Away. And who knows, you may be one of the lucky people who get a good room. But if you want a guanteed beautiful room, this is not the place for you.

1  Thank mawb14
Jamman, vice president of Operations at Couples Swept Away, responded to this reviewResponded 5 July 2010

Thank you for your review I am sorry our room and view from your room did not match your expectation. Your first room allocated is just two years old.

All our rooms face the sea. However, there are trees planted on our beach and views are rarely unobstructed. Beach Front Verandah rooms cost more than Ocean Verandah rooms as you had booked. The most expensive room is our Great House Jacuzzi Suite room.

We do not guarantee any room, but will of course do all possible to facilitate requests. This is standard resort policy and reduces disappointment if a request is not honored.

Our rooms are unique in design all are suites with very large balconies and reflect the casual elegance of Negril and Jamaica.

Thank you for your comments they can only help us improve our service standards. I am delighted that you did enjoy other aspects of your vacation.

Reviewed 2 July 2010

This place was absolutely AMAZING!!! When we first decided to go here I was a little leery because this place is completely different from any all inclusive resort I have stayed at before, but when my travel agent said I wouldn't be disappointed, she was right and I owe her big time! All the bad reviews you read about this place, please take with a grain of salt because I am a very picky traveler, and I was really overall impressed with this place. I typically go on 2-3 all inclusive trips a year, so I have a good basis for comparison.

The Pro's:

-This place has some of the best staff on board! Some places I have stayed at in the past, the staff could be really rude and snobbish, but not this place. From the moment you arrive, the staff makes you feel right at home.

-Martini Bar was a nice touch. If you go there, you won't regret it. Winston and Oral were great, and all the others who's names I don't remember! They not only make good martini's, but keep you laughing the entire time you are sitting at the bar.

-If you like Thai food, the Lemongrass is the place to go! We ate there twice because we enjoyed it so much!

-The Sunset Bar located on the beach rocked! Ruel, Shawn, Denloy, Marlene, & Bobbygay are truly assets to this place! It didn't matter if we were lounging on the beach or sitting at the bar, they all made sure our drinks were full at all times!

-The beach is of course breath taking. We spent all are time there from sunrise to sunset.

-Take advantage of all the free activities they offer at this place. We did the sunset cruise, paddle boats, knee boarding, & snorkeling and had a blast doing all! We heard the scuba lesson and dive were fun, but opted otut of that because of my fear of deep water and fish. Snorkeling was fun, but still way out of my comfort zone.

-Our room was amazing! I usually NEVER and I mean NEVER accept the first room they offer me. I am a HUGE upgrader, so when I didn't have a single complaint about our room or location, my husband was shocked! We stayed in an atrium suite. Those do not have televisions or a minibar, but that didn't bother us at all. It was great having all those windows to let in the natural light and great sea breeze. I will definitely be staying in that room category again when I go back next year.

Con's:

I really only have two complaints about this place, and neither of these con's would deter me from returning next year.

-The food overall was just okay. I have had better food at other resorts. I was still able to find something everyday to appease my appetite, and of course my husband never went hungry because he liked everything he had.

-The pools were nothing special, but again you don't go to Negril to hang at the pool.

Our overall experience was great! I usually come home from a resort and say I liked it, but I probably won't return, but I cannot say that about this place. Not only were we surrounded by a great staff, but we also met a lot of other great couples while we were there. Now I can see why people keep returning to this place each year, as we will be going back with a group of friends next Spring/Summer! Thank you CSA for all the great memories and future ones to come!

4  Thank bradycarson
Reviewed 1 July 2010

We travelled to Couples Swept away Negril on June 13th, we has an amazing holiday, so I would say just book it, you will thank your lucky stars you did.

We were in the minority as most of the guests were from America, however we found many of the guests very friendly.

We were celebrating our 40th year of marriage which was a little different from the many honeymoon couples and couples getting married in the resort, at no time did we feel out of it.

Ou room was amazing, room 2118 (Antrim Room), I think it was one of the best for location.

Food in all the restaurants was very good, but mostly we enjoyed Patois, lovely relaxing, amazing staff, and excellent food.

Over all we did not do much, just relaxed and enjoyed, so, what ever your age , I would say go th Couples Sweptaway, one of the best hotels we have visited, and we have visited many.

2  Thank Nicelady123
Reviewed 1 July 2010

My husband and I went there for our 18th Wedding Anniversary and we were told that we would get individual 1/2 hour massages when we booked our trip. However, when we checked in we were told "sorry this is only given to honeymooners." The maid service is awful. We constantly had to call for wash cloths and face towels at least three straight days. The best part about the trip was the staff at the swim-up. They are fabulous and very friendly. I will not go back ever again.

2  Thank rejoice9
Jamman, vice president of Operations at Couples Swept Away, responded to this reviewResponded 2 July 2010

I am so sorry we did not exceed your expectations. Please be advised that we do not offer free massages for anniversaries. Complimentary Spa services are offered to our returning guests and honeymooners only. Please advise your travel agent of this.