“And the TWO become ONE! I will DEFINITELY be back!!!”
Review of Hedonism II

Hedonism II
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Toronto, Canada
“And the TWO become ONE! I will DEFINITELY be back!!!”
Reviewed 5 September 2011

This was my third trip to Hedonism II. I have also had about the same number of trips to, the now gone, Hedonism III. This years' trip was the BEST I've ever had because SuperClubs have combined "the best of the best" of both resorts to provide the vacation of a lifetime.
Everything you can possibly imagine that you could want in the perfect Caribbean vacation can be found at this resort. Everything from picturesque grounds, floating in a beautiful lagoon, nightly entertainment, daytime (or night time, if you like) nude volleyball, pools, hot tubs, free flowing liquor....I could go on and on. I won't, though, because you really need to go experience it for yourself.
I am often asked about the nude beach and if it's difficult to shed my clothes. The answer is a resounding...NO! This place is paradise on earth. No one cares if you're gorgeous or average, if you have money or are struggling to make ends meet. At Hedonism II, you are beautiful just because you are....YOU! Most of us look for a "getaway" from our everyday lives when we plan a vacation. Trust me, there is NO BETTER place to do that on this planet, than Hedonism II. The staff is amazing and work hard to make you happy. Treat them with respect and you will find that they become more like friends than employees of a resort. Seriously...plan your next vacation to Hedonism II, but be warned...you'll never want to go anywhere else, ever again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
3 Thank KimMcCanuck

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Polish first
new york
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Let me start by saying that to know Hedo II is to love Hedo II. And just like any love affair, you have to take the good with the bad. That being said, there was virtually NOTHING to complain about in regards to our recent trip! The grounds were gorgeous, and maintenance staff was buzzing about revamping the unoccupied rooms - fresh coats of paint, new jacuzzis....you name it. If your room was lacking in any way, all you had to do was ask at the front desk and they'd take care of it, and quickly (really - I mean quickly, not Jamaican quickly).

The service was impeccable and even friendlier than usual (if that's even possible). We never had to wait for drink refills or additional place settings in the dining room, and the bars were well staffed and stocked.

Speaking of the dining room - the addition of Executive Chef Joseph (formerly of Hedonism III) was a welcome change! For once, I ate too much! The selection of foods on the buffet was extensive and tasty, the ever changing menu was a delight. Of particular note is the Jerk Pork - if you have the opportunity to taste it, don't pass it up!

The ECs were everywhere, always involved with guests and adding to the entertainment, day or night. The energy they provided was incredible, and they all deserve massive kudos for keeping the resort hopping.

My only complaint was that the shows, disco and piano bar were just too loud. Bleeding eardrum loud. I am sure that when the resort is at capacity, the human bodies absorb much of the sound, but with a smaller crowd it was just entirely too overwhelming.

4 trips to Hedonism III, 2 trips to Hedonism II and many, many more planned for the future. Give Hedo a chance and you will NOT be content going anywhere else again. Just remember, you don't go there for gourmet food, luxurious accomodations or any other subtleties. You go there for FUN. Unadulterated, uninhibited FUN.

Room Tip: If you're bothered by noise, be sure to ask for a room furthest away from the disco.
5 Thank divaleh
Plattsburgh, New York

Trip Three for us this year, this one in August:
We learned from experience, and had two small, lightweight battery table fans with us this trip. They were a
hit with us, and we also had many people ask about them and comment to us how
good an idea it was.
**** take battery powered fans for any summer trips****
Tantra Sex classes were held this week, by a couple from Houston who do this
each January and August at Hedo. Very interesting, and if you are at Hedo in either January
or August, do them. The classes are not for the shy (as there are hands on
demonstrations, and then all the couples practice what was discussed!) and they
are very much classes for couples. This made this trip very different from any
other we have taken and we enjoyed it. Thank you, Kim and Brad.

The number of people at the resort was very low this trip. The first day they
were at about 70% occupancy, but the rest of the week it fell to about 20-25%.
This was perhaps due to it being just before school starts in a lot of the US and Canada; we also heard there may have been some cancellations due to the (false) expectation that Hurricane Irene might pass over Jamaica. New
Executive Chef Joseph worked wonders with the budget he had and the food was
hands down so much better in the main dining room than our previous two 2011
trips that we were happy to eat there much of the time. SO much for " you don't
go to Hedo for the food." Now I for one can say, you go for the people, and the
food is good too. We had a great night where the dinner tables were set up around the
main pool. Eating under the stars with people you have never met is fun.

Serena the hostess is one of the best transplants from the old Hedo III, and now is joined by
Joseph, who also transferred over from the former Hedo IIIas Executive Chef.
We sent Augustus (via the watersports crew chief) some rice krispie treats, as Augustus
was recovering from his major fall by the nude pool.
I look forward to Augustus' recovery and being back to
taking care of us in the nude beach and pool area in March when we return; his quirky greetings and conversation were missed!
Charlie at the omelet station is so nice as always and makes all the egg dishes requested
so well. Entertainment Coordinator “50” as always was friendly; it has been a great pleasure over the years
watching him grow from a skinny kid just starting out with the EC crew to the
dancing hunk he is now. EC Peach is so much fun when working the games we look
forward to her showing up. Winston as always is just a kick. We find him to
be great both as a person and when he is singing. Every night at the piano bar
was fun this trip. The EC's did a good job keeping it rolling when Deon was
off, and when Deon was in the house the place rocked. Now for those just
thinking about going to Hedonism II you need to know that going to THIS
piano bar is for ADULTS only who are ready to have a great time, sing and
enjoy the adult situations that happen.

To all the great groundskeepers who work so hard to keep the place neat and
clean, the room staff and the dining staff, both out where we can see them and the
ones behind the doors, Thank You. Without your work our trips would not be
as fun.

On our second trip there were about 200 people in the dining area when an EC ask
who was there for the first time. Only 9 hands went up. When she ask who was there
for the second or more times I was not able to count the hands up as everyone seemed to have them up. You love this place or you do not just go.

1 Thank williamsfineimages
Denver, Colorado
Reviewed 5 September 2011

I had a blast! The grounds were well kept, food was great, booze flowed a-plenty, and the party never stopped. This was my first visit, but staff and guests made me feel like we had known each other for years. Shoutouts to Michelle and Serena for making me feel at home as well as ECs Duke, Bradley, Nicky, and Winston for keeping us on our toes. I can't wait to go back.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank IntravenusDMilo13
Hoboken, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 August 2011

I really love Tripadvisor as I have traveled all over the world based on their advice. I might add TA is always accurate when you take the overall rating. With that being said here are my comments.

Let's face it, you aren't paying for the accommodations rather the "unique" environment. The hotel is ok, the food is ok and the service is ok. The remote in the room was not working and the A/C (as indicated in a previous reviewer) was set on high but I didn't bother to complain. I might add the water did not get hot in the shower and the "6 jet" shower just didn't work.

As far as the pool areas, gym and the beach, they were very nice and I enjoyed them!
The crowd was a bit on the older side and the property seem to be half empty which is understandable considering the time of year (and economy).

Overall, a nice experience but in the future I would probably stay in a nicer property and just get the "day" pass if I wish to explore Hedo. I always prefer nice accommodations even if I'm not going to be in the room much.

Enjoy!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo
3 Thank CulturedKat
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 24 August 2011

We just returned from our first trip to Hedo. What a BLAST!! It won’t be our last. This place is quite unique I’m sure. I read other reviews saying that it was the people that made it awesome, but I didn’t really get it until I experienced it firsthand. Pretty much everyone there is ready to be your friend; you just need to talk to them. We met an amazing group of people that we have added to our facebook and hope to keep in touch with and see there again next year. (That hasn’t happened on our other vacations!).
Rooms
Yep, the rooms are a bit small and very dated, but we didn’t spend much time here at all. The bed was very comfortable, the AC was great and the shower works fine IF you have a little patience to figure it out. Housekeeping staff were GREAT: extra towels and pillows were promptly delivered, the room was always cleaned in good time, and because my boyfriend told them it was my birthday, they left a beautiful handmade sign and towel sculpture on our bed (made out of flowers!!). Later, a bottle of champagne and a birthday cake were delivered!! Awesome birthday!!
The reason we were originally reluctant to go to Hedo was because of what we had read about the food… well it has obviously changed for the better. I will eat almost anything, but I like it to be well prepared. I was very pleasantly surprised. The new chef (whom we had a chat with) is certainly making a positive difference. There was one night when the buffet items did not overly appeal to me, so I just had great pasta from the pasta bar (you pick the ingredients – she makes it). At every dinner buffet there was a delicious turkey, roast beef or pork, or ham , plus other meats in the chafing dishes. There were plenty of side dishes and a decent salad bar. My favorite was Lobster Night!! All you can eat grilled lobster with garlic butter… it just doesn’t get any better than this. Oh yes, the Italian restaurant was excellent. We went there with a few of our new friends and everyone just loved their meals. Very nice wine too! The drinks throughout the resort were quite good. We tried several different ones until we settled on a few favorites (my boyfriend mostly stuck to potent rum punch; I alternated between “way-too-yummy” mojitos, bloody marys, and Miami vices)
Grounds, pools, general cleanliness
All were GREAT. The staff is continuously cleaning up and beautifying the grounds. The nude pool did get a little “grungy” by the end of the day, but that wasn’t the staff’s fault. They did a great job of cleaning it up in time for the late night guests. The grounds were much larger and more beautiful than I expected. The beach area is kept very clean also. Like others have mentioned, the sand is not super soft but there are plenty of chairs and “floaties” to lounge on.
Activites
We went scuba diving several times. We really enjoyed it. The diving in Jamaica is not the best but if you look closely you will always find interesting things to look at. Also, we saw a good-sized nurse shark and several crabs, lobsters, a huge star fish, and various small colourful fish. Nice staff. We wanted to try sailing but we just ran out of time. The nightly entertainment that started during dinner was usually very good but a little LOUD!!! We found that after a few hours, it got tiring and we moved outside (where we could still hear them clearly). The theme nights were fun; I just wish more people would participate. Hint: bring less everyday clothes – you won’t need them ; ) but more theme wear.
PDAs and various other stuff I missed
There was a lot of nudity around; but really that gets to feel rather normal (which, in my opinion, is the way it should be). As far as raunchy sex; there wasn’t much of that going on in public. A bit later in the day by the nude pool, and more late at night by the hottub….but we were pretty worn out by that time and went to bed. We did manage to have our own semi PDAs in the various small pools around the property, in the little shelters, on the beach, and on the dock – all in the dark, semi private – oops! except for the time we did it in the hammocks by the nude pool  : all great fun!!
When we go back next year, we may get a room with a hottub on the patio (friends had one and it was very nice). We will certainly try to get a room far away from the disco; it is very loud and goes on until very late. Bring ear plugs just in case.
Most of our time was spent chillin’ with our new friends in the nude pool drink in hand. Grill lunches were great.
Some people have commented on the staff being rude…. From what I saw, staff were very friendly and accommodating – but I did see a few rude guests. If guests treat the staff in a disrespectful manner they can’t expect them to just keep smiling… they are human too; and don’t get paid much – treat them nicely (and the odd, discreet tip won’t hurt either)!!!! A few of the comments/reviews on here must have been written by aliens or people who haven’t actually been to Hedo??!! Overall, the food is good, the grounds and rooms are clean and functional, and the staff is great. You will always find a few exceptions if you look hard enough, but why bother looking???

Room Tip: stay far away from the disco. Nude side with hot tub would be great.
4 Thank twitterfox
Reviewed 21 August 2011

Totally not what we expected. The rooms are super outdated! The food is horrendous! The sodas, drinks are completely watered down. My sister ended up getting sick on the seafood. The activities were scarce. The young crowd is not friendly at all! A lot of the women are stuck up and rude. Not a romantic place at all! Oh yeah, and stray cats all over the place.

• Stayed August 2011