“Oct/Nov 2013 vacation”

Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Warminster, Pennsylvania
“Oct/Nov 2013 vacation”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Over all the vacation was excellent the people at hedo where very helpful in every way
There was construction going on but I got to say Everyone that works at Hedo put their best foot forward to try and make everyone feel at home and make use comfortable

The Rafferty's

Room Tip: Rooms on the Prude side are Quieter
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank karenkraff
HedonismJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Hedonism II, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Rafferty's thank you so much for taking the time to share your vacation experience.

Especially for your kind words. "Everyone that works at Hedo puts their best foot forward to try and make everyone feel at home and comfortable"

I am elated that you had a great time and know you will enjoy it even more on your next trip.

All the best!
Your home away from home

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (563)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

I chose to stay at hedo for my 32nd bday. With friends meeting me there from across the us we haf high hopes for our week in Jamaica. With negril being our last stop after touring 3 cities in ja. We were let down by our room not having a tv or air conditioning(in Jamaica!?) Or warm/hot water. The staff could care less and told me least in Jamaica. After 2long nites with no air they finally brought me thr smallest cutest little box fan ,perfect to put on my nightstand and blow directly on my face if i layed on my side. The rest of my body and my girlfriend on the otherside of the bed just had to suffer iguess. The food was great staff not very friendly , but did do there job at there leisure. Front desk staff should be layed off as they do nothong know nothing and worth nothing. The guest and patrons saved my visit and i did have a good time. But it was no thanks to any of the staff. At dinner and breakfast a smile was too much to ask of any staff EXCEPT one awesome guy who made me feel invited every time he saw me Austin (omlet maker) . He made great eggs and was genuinely nice. Give him new job and raise at front desk , anf make those lazy clueless frontdesk girls clean the hot tube and pools on naked side, as they were always cloudy. Now sandles was much better looking, all the naked people in the world arnt worth this waste of money.

• Stayed October 2013
13 Thank JAKETORAN
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 4 November 2013

First I just want to start off by saying...not everything you see or read on line anywhere is true...even on trip advisor.. We have been to Hedo a total of 5 times in 2 years.. Maybe its because we are polite people that we have employees at the resort smile or chat with us.. We have NEVER had any issues with non-working telephones in our rooms, or lack of towels, or our rooms not being cleaned properly. From the time our plane lands at Montego Bay International Airport, we always have a smile on our face... Just like all the resort staff do when you arrive.

We have always been greeted from the front desk girls with a smile, Mrs Lorna who comes through the dinning room to greet us with a hug. Because these are the type of people who remember you time after time.. With O'Jell who takes our bags to our rooms, always chatting it up with us and letting us know if there is anything that he can do for us to let him know... Just in conversation we were talking about our coffee maker how it for whatever reason only made a half a cup of coffee, not that it mattered cause the hubby would make it in the morning while i got ready for breakfast.. before we knew it we had O'Jell with a whole new system for us... not because we asked, because he over heard us. Samantha in the restaurant booking area, she has the most cheerful smile that just makes you smile back at her... Latoya who we had the pleasure of her company 3 nights in the piano bar.. Kumar, in the piano bar who had the place rocking the 9 nights we were there.. And i could never forget Eldon...the piano bar bartender...who makes everyones drinks and keeps everyone happy.. you just have to smile and nod and he has a new drink for you...with hundreds of people coming and going in that place he has a great system to remember what everyone is drinking ...There is Fabian and Dianna who on more than 6 occasions had breakfast or lunch with us...really interacted with not only us but with all guests new and old.. How about not only the front staff but the back staff, my husband and I adopted a school over in Manchester on our own years ago where we visit and bring school supplies, Delano tried to connect us with someone who could help us with the shipping..you have Jacquiline who makes the most awesome omelette each morning.. You have Doreth at the Prude grill who remembered us from our first trip there... Michael at the Nude grill who not only made us all food day in and day out but interacted with the guests pool side. How about Michael the night manager.... Just another AMAZING Employee that keeps Hedo going for all of us to enjoy...

Sure some of the rooms might be outdated, but hello people it was just taken over sometime at the end of Feb 2013.. Yes they had a section of the Nude rooms sectioned off but did you see what they are gonna look like,... Well worth the wait.. And besides other than sleeping, and getting ready for dinner and shows, ok maybe abit of play....lol...how long are we really in our room.. We had the opportunity to talk to one of the new owners and he is going above and beyond the timeline to get this resort to top notch vacationing for all of us to enjoy. It just doesn't make sense to me why people complain when a resort is doing things for the better good.. Would you rather them not do anything and allow the resort to fall apart rather than fixing it up?

The housekeeping staff I think are often the ones who take the raft of everything...because you see them on a regular basis...We have NEVER had a bad experience with any of our housekeeping staff....think about it, your on vacation, you toss your stuff around like you don't care cause your not at home, and this lovely lady comes in makes your bed, cleans your room, lines your shoes up, and picks up after you and you complain....I think if some people went on vacation and treated their room as if they were at home, their problems would be solved...

How about Kevin Leeve who goes above and beyond to read every one of these trip advisors to make sure that everyone leaves happy, and should there be someone who isn't (Cause there is always someone who complains about the smallest thing just because thats the type of person they are) he does more than his best to fix the problem... Tell me, what other resort cares about what we have to say once we have left the resort and got back to our regular living...

NO matter what you read on here, take it from me....HEDO is like going home time and time again....people remember you, they appreciate you... Yes HEDO is an adults playground of fun..and yes there is alot of fun to be had...if thats what you want ..HEDO is what you make of it... Don't let the people on here who leave negative feed back ruin the vacation that will keep you coming back for more every year.. The people at HEDO are above the top to make sure our vacations are enjoyable ones... I have traveled to other places in Jamaica other than HEDO and no matter what, HEDO Has something about its Employees that keeps us coming back...

GO TO HEDO AND EXPERIENCE IT FOR YOURSELF...DON'T LET A "NEGGING NELLY" DECIDE FOR YOU....DECIDE FOR YOURSELF..

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
12 Thank cwoodfun
HedonismJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Hedonism II, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
cwoodfun thank you so much for sharing your Hedo Experience with us,

More importantly for enjoying the service, hospitality, entertainment and family that Hedonism is renowned for.

Thank you for your mention of Lorna, O'Jell, Samantha, Kumar, Eldon, Fabian, Dianna, Delano, Jacquiline, Doreth, Michael, Ossi, Housekeeping and the Managing Director, Kevin Levee, and your appreciations of their service, they will all be advised.

This is a wonderful and honest review and we thank you for your continued support.

Cant wait to see you soon!

All the best
Your home away from home
Houston, Texas, United States
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I currently visited Hedo last week for the first time and probably the last. Upon arrival after a 5am flight checkin is at 3pm, however my room was not ready until about 7pm. The rooms are very outdated. Also after a three day stay I never had a door key that worked. Every time I wanted to get into my room I had to walk all the way to the front desk to get someone to open my door. This would take about 20 to 30mins each time after a number of times I was told it would be fixed. However the drinks, food, and staff were amazing, but for people who want to be able to relax in a nice room with no problems...yeah right!!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank Sneedtravis
Sneedtravis thank you for taking the time to share your experience,

Especially of your initial issues,they will immediately be shared with the staff. Despite this you still took the time to mention how amazing the drinks, food and staff were and we must thank you.

As we transition through our renovation reviews like this help us to hear everything we need to be the best. I hope you would visit us again and see the commitment.

Thanks so much,
The Hedo Family
Danbury, Connecticut
Reviewed 3 November 2013

The hotel is under construction, which makes getting to the nude beach/pool somewhat awkward. Hopefully it will be completed soon. The food has definitely improved over the last couple of years. The staff is warm, friendly, and helpful. Unfortunately, the food situation needs some help. One day there was no chicken or fish down at the beach grill, and another day there was no lettuce in the Italian restaurant. How does a hotel run out of lettuce???? Another day there was no champagne.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank CPLnCT
HedonismJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Hedonism II, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
CPLnCT thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Indeed, despite the construction that took place during the slow period when you were here Hedonism still did not falter on providing the best guest experience possible.

As you mentioned our staff have remained warm, friendly, and helpful and we are glad that you enjoyed their hospitslity. They will help us ensure that any shortages are addressed.

With renovations now in completion we cannot wait to see you again and see the new feedback on your next stay.

See you soon,
Hedo Family
New York City, New York
Reviewed 3 November 2013

I just returned from a five-day stay there.
CONS:
1. My room was old and outdated with a non-functioning phone.
2. I had no way of ordering room service.
3. There was only one light switch and that was way across the room by the entrance door. In order to shut of the lights for bed, I had to get up out of bed and walk to the door.
4. I also had to be very careful with regards to making my coffee because those fast, little sugar ants would quickly swarm around any drop that inadvertently fell out of or remained in my mug.
5. Some people got a little too rowdy and touchy-touchy when drunk.
6. I did not like the groups of singles that came together if there were more than three in the bunch. Their behavior was always rude and obnoxious: they complained the most, drank the most, disrespected the staff the most, and behaved like spoiled, selfish children. Single men and women were not an issue at all (although some were "creepy"). I truly do wish Hedo discouraged the booking of rooms for groups of singles. I did not encounter one group that behaved appropriately.
PROS:
1. The beaches were cleaned and raked continuously. They were small, but beautiful at all times of the day and night.
2. The pools were always cleaned and welcoming.
3. The grounds were cleaned continuously.
4. The greenery and landscaping were on point.
5. The music of the singing frogs at night was magical.
6. The food was quite good for buffet-style and was very culturally-based. Hence, curry goat, saltfish, callaloo, yams, roast chicken with jerk sauce and bassa were served daily. Many US visitors during my stay complained about the lack of beef, but I LOVED the cultural dishes and they were authentically made.
7. I found many people easy to approach and with whom to converse.
8. Many visitors were proud to return year after year. I even met a couple who had been married there and had made their 22nd trip to the resort.
9. The staff was efficient and diligent.
10. There was a clear delineation between the prude side and the nude side and most people were respectful of this.

SUMMARY:
Hedo was fun. The couples, both nudist and swingers, were easy-going and friendly. The single men and women were fun to have around, too. The groups of singles were rude and obnoxious. The food and service were impeccable. The beaches were beautiful and the singing frogs truly made Hedo enchanting and romantic. If you are expecting turn-down service, go elsewhere. If you are expecting to be catered to 110 percent of the time and to have NO issues with your room or food or drink or something (because you know how Jamaican time works), go elsewhere. However, if you are a nudist or swinger, married or single or dating, and if you can get along with and communicate with democrats, progressives, liberals, teapartiers, conservatives and transsexuals, well, then Hedo is just the place for you.

Room Tip: Hedo is undergoing major renovations and I must say that the new rooms look gorgeous, although none...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
7 Thank TastyPapi
Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Stayed here with my bf we were in our mid 20s. As soon as we checked in something felt a bit off. The staff here were altogether too excited to see a younger couple (most people who stay here are middle aged!The website photos show models not typical Hedo guests), and were making rude sexual comments about us in patois which they didn't know we understood. Very awkward and felt watched by staff as if they were waiting for a show. At one point we were the jacuzzi alone but I felt like I was being watched, turn around and there are 2 staff members (who were done for the day) and a female bodyguard in the bushes staring at us. The female guard then walks over and asks my gf to take her top off or get out-she was probably sent over by the other 2 men. Got a very bad vibe about this place, I have a feeling the staff there may be taking pic or videos of you and posting them online. Terrible experience, food was sub par and the entertainment was a rip off of Trinidadian carnival. Would never return here.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
30 Thank Riri P
Riri P thank you for taking the time to provide a review of your vacation last year.

I see that you visited in December 2012 before Hedonism II was transferred into new ownership.

With our full force security team and reinforced rules anyone on the áu natural side has to be bare & any security guard who sees otherwise will tell you to do so immediately. I apologize if you were not aware of these facts and hope you will see the pride that we place in the comfort & equality of our guests.

Again thank you for your review.

Toni Oliver