“Still Our Favorite Vacation Resort”
Review of Hedonism II

Hedonism II
Ranked #15 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 16 December 2013

We continually try other resorts, but always go back to Hedonism. You can always site specific things, usually facility related where another resort may be nicer than Hedonism. But the one area where Hedonism cannot be topped is the friendliness of staff and guests. If you are looking for solitude and quiet, then you go to Sandals. However, if you like meeting people and returning home with several new friends, then Hedonism is clearly the best choice.
Under new ownership, Hedonism is undergoing a renovation that looks outstanding. I saw the newly renovated rooms which are really upscale. The reputation of Hedonism remains intact. It is wild and wicked and more fun than you can have almost anywhere else. First timers should not fear - you can be as wicked or not as you like without feeling self conscience.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank jimmyva
HedonismJamaica, Public Relations Manager at Hedonism II, responded to this reviewResponded 29 December 2013

Jimmyva, thank you for taking the time to share your review,

Especially that you keep choosing us among all other possibilities. I also like your comment "The one area where Hedonism cannot be topped is the friendliness of staff and guests...if you like meeting people and returning home with new friends then Hedonism is clearly the best choice."

Such kind words, I will be sure to share with our team.

See you soon!
Your Hedo Family

Reviewed 16 December 2013

This was my first trip to Hedo but will not be the last. From the moment you arrive until you leave it is just great fun. The staff are all brilliant and work so hard at keeping things fun. On both sides of the resort (you know what i mean) the people are friendly and out going without being pushy or over the top. It is well worth a trip here, it just makes life seem good.
Thanks again to all the staff see you next year.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank tony r

Tony R, thank you so much for taking the time to leave a review,

Especially glad to hear that you loved your first trip to Hedonism II & your comment "The staff are all brilliant and work so hard at keeping things fun..it just makes life seem good."

So glad we could make you a believer!

See you soon,
Your home away from home

Reviewed 15 December 2013

I have been going to Hedo II since 1992. I spend six weeks a year there: 3 in Nov/Dec and 3 in Feb/March. The resort is under new management and every day one can see the love going into the improvements. I have always loved Hedo. The food was fine and plentiful and the staff has always been exceptional. This year, however, things were better by leaps and bounds. The food was great thanks to the addition of a new chef. The addition of Lorna Brammer as the Guest Relations contact was great. Ms. Brammer could always be found if there was even the slightest problem, and she would genuinely do whatever she could to make things right. As always, the awesome tennis pro, Garfield Gordon, as well as Mr. Jeffrey Johnson,and the alway congenial Eldon Wilson made my three weeks quite enjoyable. Keep up the good work. I am looking forward to my February visit.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank wgalke
Reviewed 15 December 2013

My wife and I went with wet, wild and wicked. We were there 12-09-13 to 12-13-13, as always it's the friendly people and good staff that made us want to come back. I think the whole resort is getting a much needed remodel and coat of paint. One thing my wife was uneasy about was all of the day labor that was working even well after dark, although it was never a problem my wife was still uneasy about it. We will come back in the future I think it is a good value for our travel money, hope they don't price themselves out of our budget. Some of the changes made are at check in it is so fast I could not finish my rum punch before we had a room key in hand. The food is better now it has flavor, the flat screen and new paint a plus but we don't spend a lot of time in room. My wife and I like the new hot tub on the prude side where you can watch the stars and be adults at the same time. This resort has a live and let live way of looking at life that will keep us coming back.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank chris j
Reviewed 15 December 2013 via mobile

Had a wonderful time! The staff was very accommodating, the food was GREAT and the drinks were strong (those Bob Marley shots.... WHEW!!) The dinner entertainment is also good!

The rooms were a bit dated, but it had a charm to it that I enjoyed. The fitness center had everything that i needed. The one thing that I would love about the resort is free wifi. Of course I get why they charge, and I would be okay if they built the cost into the price of the room. It was just a real hassle to get connected once I purchased it, and an "always-on" facility (or even area) would have alleviated the only stressor that I experienced during my trip.

Most of all, I loved the atmosphere. Hedo is legendary for what it's legendary for, but nothing is forced. Everyone is friendly and laid back, and I had some of the best convos with perfect strangers. You can stay on the Prude side and have a good time or venture off to the Nude side for a different kind of good time, and never feel any kind of stress or pressure. I also met people who come to the resort several times a year, and now I know why. I will definitely be back!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
8  Thank Randal B
Reviewed 14 December 2013

Firstly i had no a/c for the entire 10 nights, i was promised at check in that it would be fixed in a couple of days but it never was, room 1257 garden view "prude side" the phone in my room didnt work but i didnt try using it until the last day so i never complained.
Other than this we both toroughly enjoyed our stay. Rooms are ok, clean and functional with nice showers but really wanted a balcony.
The staff were brilliant! I loved the big lady that worked at the prude grill on the beach, pardon me i dont remember her name. If you have been you will remember her smile! Augustus who sweeps the beach every morning does an amazing job keeping the place looking wonderful and we found him very pleasant and helpful. All of the food we tried we enjoyed especially the lobster, curried goat and jerk chicken! Everyone made us feel at home. I am a 23 year old male and i brought my 23 year old fiance. We were by far the youngest couple there but this didnt make us uncomfortable as the guests at hedo are sooo friendly. We didnt venture onto the nude side this year although many people did offer to accompany us as hedo virgins. :-)
Overall i cannot fault this place in any way! Next year if my a/c works you will be getting 5*'s!
Worst thing about hedo is coming home! :-(
Go with an open mind and you wont be dissapointed!

• Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank dan2504
Reviewed 13 December 2013

After having a great first trip to Hedo II last year, we decided to take our second trip to see all the new changes/improvements (new ownership) that people have been talking about. Have to say we are impressed by the effort and attention to detail the new ownership is giving to rejuvenate the resort facilities. Enough said, we booked our trip as part of the Fall fantasy group, we even had the ground transportation from the airport included in our fare. Group host John Monds personally picked us up from the airport and also ensured our return journey was seem less, thanks John. The grounds of the resort were well maintained, the staff pleasant and always willing to help (Sareen at Martinos especially provided excellent service the best we have had at any resort), the Entertainment Crew did an awesome job in keeping the party going. There were a couple of other groups that were there during our visit International delights and Hedo amigos. There guests were mostly middle aged with a few younger couples. We made some good conversations and some good memories by the pool, hot tub and the beach :). The monday night theme Jamaican night was awesome, and hats off to the management in bringing back the grilled Lobster night on Fridays. Have to say can wait to get back to hedo II. once you go you know.

Room Tip: Stay a few bucks and stay on the prude side as the whole resort is clothing optional.