“Add some spice to your life”
Review of Hedonism II

Hedonism II
Ranked #17 of 81 Hotels in Negril
LaSalle, Canada
“Add some spice to your life”
Reviewed 19 April 2010

First time in this resort and absolutly no complaints. This resort will offer you the most exciting entertainment . Food is great and always served with a smile. Turn up the fire in your bedroom to if you like.

1 Thank Tracey065

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (566)
  • Polish first
New Brunswick Canada
Reviewed 15 April 2010

Each and every staff we met went beyond the call fo duty to make us feel welcome! Anytime we asked for something, it was no problem mon! Our first time to Hedonism after hearing about it for years from our friends so we knew what to expect. We only stayed 3 nights as we had plans at another resort for 4 nights. What a culture shock going from to the other! Hedonism felt so personal. The beach was awesome, very calm, very little Breeze. So relaxing, many times I fell asleep in my lounger on the beach for a little afternoon snooze.
The afternoons hanging out in the nude pool at the swim up bar was the best times! Meeting new people and lots of laughs! This was our first time going nude, and although I was very nervous I overcame it quickly! It felt almost natural! lol
The Entertainment staff were fantastic!!
We asked for an upgrade and recieved a room on the beach with a jacuzzi, how awesome was that? We loved it! We did have an issue with the jacuzzi not heating the water but the staff were on it in minutes and even came back a cpl times to check on it!
The food was very good! Our beast meal was the tenderloin steak at one of the fine dining restaurants.
Did we tip? yes we did, these people deserve to be rewarded for their hard work!

We will definately go back in the future!

2 Thank shadoww
Marshall, Michigan, United States
Reviewed 9 April 2010

This was my fifteenth trip to Hedo 2 in Negril, with almost all the trips during the first week in April. I can say that the grounds were in the best condition of any of the trips. Even the jungle-like former bird area was neatly groomed. Each day a large hard working crew worked hard to keep all areas from the beach to the expansive lawn areas clean. A tropical area can resemble a perpetual autumn with leaves everywhere. Not at Hedo, they seemed to meet a rake just after each fell. The rooms were carefully cleaned once a day, with new sheets and blankets if requested. The worker was like traveling with a mom picking up after me. She was always friendly and asking if there was anything else we needed for our room.
The staff and other guests make the trip. As each sees me for the first time during each visit, they go out of their way to greet me and to welcome me "home." The bartenders and dining room staff make me feel like I never left or was truly missed, though others had passed through the resort since my last trip last year. It is easy to make friends with the other guests, and many who return each year during the same week.
Security is always visible and we never felt unsafe, even walking the sidewalks late t night.
The nightly entertainment was good, particularly the steel drum band from Kingston. Their playing and dancing was high energy. The player in the piano bar was talented and humorous and drew a full house each night he was there.
Visits to the Italian Restaurant in the resort, formerly call Pastrafarri, are always special. Not only is the food outstanding, but the waitstaff treat each visitor like a king and queen. Make sure to ask for Evelyn.
My wife always finds time for a massage.... okay me too. A wide variety for spa services are available, as with any high end spa. A full service workout facility is available too, with a personal coach on site.
Long mornings floating on the ocean; lunch from the beach grill; a little time in the shade before joining others in the pool for jerk chicken later in the afternoon; cocktail hour in the huge hottub with many new and old friends; before a delicious dinner and music. All of these with my wife! Can life get any better??

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 8 April 2010

Let me start by telling you a bit about us. My wife and I are 45 and 52 years old and have 4 kids. In bed by 10, up at 7 typical suburbanites. We've been to several other all-inclusive resorts in Mexico and Cuba, but this was our first visit to Hedo II and Jamaica. We've been happily married for 22 years and decided to visit this resort because we wanted to experience a "naughtier" holiday. We are not swingers and neither of us had a particular desire to try it, but we went with an open mind and agreed to not deny ourselves any mutually agreed upon opportunity.

The most difficult thing about writing a review of Hedo II is that each visitor's experience is going to be different. The resort itself is fine. The rooms are modest and slightly dated, but clean and well-maintained. The beach (both nude and prude sides) is clean, soft white sand and the water warm, calm and shallow - great for tanning on the water!
The pools are varied and always clean. The grounds are well groomed and the resort is well laid-out. The food varies from good to excellent. The staff are, for the most part, wonderful. The facilities well-maintained and often quite surprising - my wife nearly flipped when she saw the beautiful squash courts! The bartenders know how to mix almost any drink and always add plenty of ice - a great idea when you're out in the tropical sun and don't want to be a drunken wreck by noon! If you want them to mix the drinks stronger, just ask and they'll happily oblige. But do so at your own risk! Even the ever-present security guards are discreet and polite while carrying out their duties. The problem is that the thing that sets Hedo II apart from any other resort we've ever stayed at - the big variable - is the other guests. This is something that the resort really has little control over and will change dramatically from week to week.

I believe that a holiday is like a blank canvas: the resort provides the palette of colors, but it is ultimately up to each guest to apply paint to canvas and create the picture that will ultimately represent their own holiday experience. Most resorts provide a palette of pastel colors - calm, soothing and relaxing with perhaps some small shades of anguish accidentally added to the mix. Hedo II is very different. They present you with a massive palette that includes all of the colors that you've come to expect from a resort and then add a whole range of other tones. Some vibrant, some darker, some you may not be equipped to experience. Laughter (lots of laughter!), joy, curiosity, trust, betrayal, tears (mostly, but not all, from departing guests), reflection, serenity, intimacy. And yes, sex. At times, the air is so charged with it that its intoxicating. Sexy games led by the entertainment crew, intimate moments with your partner (or perhaps someone else's!), on the dance floor of the disco or at 2:00 in the morning in the nude hot tub. Whew!

Bearing all of this in mind, this isn't a resort that will please everyone. I believe that you must be prepared to be challenged and try everything. We were never in bed before 2 AM and up every day before 9 and still didn't have time in our 7 days there to experience everything Hedo II has to offer.
Try the food. The curried conch at the prude side cafe. The goat at the beach party. The jerk chicken at the nude side cafe (every day!). The callaloo, curried fish and dumplings at the buffet. The salt fish and ackee. The made-to-order omelets and smoothies at the breakfast buffet. The coffee. The incredible roast lamb at the Italian a la carte.
Try going nude. I guarantee that it'll change everything! The afternoon nude poolside games. Naked waterslide!
Try a massage at the beachside spa.
Or some quiet time in one of the little pools.
And, above all, try talking to strangers! All of the social boundaries vanish when everyone's naked. You'll meet computer geniuses, oil-patch workers, massage therapists, estheticians, piercers, drinkers, smokers, insomniacs - all kinds of folk!

And you'll make friends.

We're not very social people, but we met a few folks that we'll never forget and, hopefully, we'll see again in the future.

Oh, and try and find some small thing to complain about. Believe me, its worth it! Go to the front desk and lodge a complaint. They take you so seriously and fix whatever is wrong, large or small, so quickly that its almost amusing.

Sure makes you feel important, anyway!

If I may, a word of warning. Don't go alone and expect to 'hook up' with someone while you're there! This a couple's (and group's) resort and it looked like the few single guys there had a very lonely week - outsiders looking in. Its easy to meet new people as a couple because you pose no threat, emotional or physical. Our concern was that, if you pay any attention to a single person, they're going to cling to you for the rest of the week! We didn't notice any single women at the resort. Their experience may differ...

Any real problems? Only two things. First one is tipping. The resort has a strict no-tipping policy that is noble, but un-enforceable. We all have the right to expect a minimum level of service. Polite, courteous and prompt. Every employee at the resort demonstrated at least this level of service. But a few went far beyond this. A beautiful song while cooking your omelet or mixing your drinks. Opening the bar a couple of minutes early just to serve your very thirsty wife. Beautiful towel art and extra towels in the room. Service at the a la cartes that's the equal of some of the finest restaurants we've had the pleasure of dining at. Cold water and fresh coffee served, with a beautiful smile, every single day at the buffet. These actions compel me to reward a person in the only way I am able. Cold, hard cash. There is often an opportunity to slip someone a tip, but they risk losing their jobs if found out and it makes me tip less often than I'd like. Why not find a way to allow those so inclined to reward superior service and those who so richly deserve it to accept it with the dignity they deserve?

The second problem? How the heck are we supposed to ever go any where else after enjoying this kind of freedom? We're already planning a return trip in early November. We're hooked!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
11 Thank WilliamWilson
Temecula, California
Reviewed 5 April 2010

There's a reason why those who have been to Hedo II call it "home".
From the moment you arrive, you become part of the Hedo family. You only need to be introduced to a staff member once and they remember who you are your entire stay, calling you by your first name at every occasion up until the last day, even remembering you when you return!
Everything is included....all the food and drink you can handle...never have I had so much rum punch :o)
Yes, the rooms are a bit outdated, but the overall atmosphere and experience of Hedo is so amazing, I'd stay in a tent if I had to...YOu're never really in your room except to change you clothes ( nudist resort, so your not doing that task very often...grab a dry towel, maybe) and to recharge your batteries after partying all day and night with the best people you'd ever hope to meet. Never have I ever felt so welcomed and accepted. The staff and guests are all accepting of all people regardless of age, weight, race, handicap...is the person sitting next to you at the nude bar a ditch digger or a lawyer...who knows??? When a person is stripped down to their basic being, you are all equals and you are accepted for who you are on the inside, not based on one's haves or have-nots!!! it truly is home and an amazing playground for open-minded adults...
At first I was worried about the nude, "swinger" atmosphere. Took on the attitude that I'd never see any of these people again, so what's wrong with running around nekkid? WRONG...we left with many good friendships and keep in close touch with many people years later !!! But, I'd have it no other way !!!
The staff includes guests in fun and sometimes naughty games, ensuring laughs all around. Winston is the best there is !!!
The night before you leave, an "eviction notice" is slipped under your door. It is such a disheartening event because everything is just so wonderful while your there, away from the "real world". When I boarded the plane, I cried.
I am saving every penny in order to go "home" just as soon as I can.

Tip: stay no less than 7 days, 10 if you can.....

• Stayed May 2008, travelled as a couple
1 Thank jimzgrl
Colorado
Reviewed 31 March 2010

This was our second trip to Hedonism II and won't be our last. There are many characters among the staff at Hedo II that make it memorable and fun. Winston and Nicki are part of the entertainment team and always make sure everyone is having a great time daily. Their energy seens endless and their smiles are infectios and we thank them so much for their hard work and efforts on our behalf. These young people don't just do their jobs...they are inspiring. Augustus is another one of our special Hedo II employees. He is part of the beach clean up crew and always takes the time to say good morning to the guests and to put a smile on a face whenever he can. Hedo II isn't a brand new resort. The rooms are very clean and the beds are really comfortable...but not shockingly beautiful...but the only time we spent in our room was to sleep, shower and change our clothes and the rooms aren't the reason people go to Hedo....the friendly staff and fellow guests are what makes this place special and are the reason it has the highes return guest rate out there. This is a resort where people interact and make new friends and have a great time together. At any time there is a relaxing beach to sleep on and an all day pool party to choose from. We love this place and look forward to many future Hedo II vacations!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
Mandeville
Reviewed 29 March 2010

The service that was offered by the Guest Relations Manager was excellent, but the overall service was splendid. The room was spacious, comfortable and relaxing. The location was suitable and amenities were pleasant, beautiful and fun filling. I liked the water slide, food, beverage and pool the most.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled with friends