I have stayed at WS off and on since 1997, and I have become close personal friends with most of the staff, including Francis and Henry. I mention that, because those two literally saved me from a huge catastrophe the day of my departure my last visit in February. My entire stay this time was as usual, FANTASTIC, and since I travel solo-it was very cool to hook up, and hang out with some of the same guests I met last trip. I swear, every guest I have ever met at WS is a repeat visitor...that should say a lot if you are considering staying there. I can't add much to all the positive things everybody else has already said, except in a friendly way, question all the 'hard' beds comments...are you kidding me? Personally, by the time I consume many of Tony and Paul's cocktails, I’m usually fast asleep not long after my head hits the pillow-I guess I've never had time to do a mattress analysis! LOL Okay, I'll cut to the chase regarding Henry and Francis saving the day. Like a complete idiot, and I still feel stupid for doing this, but what the heck-I'm surely not the first one… but...my day of departure, I went to the office and checked out without cleaning out my safe, which means I left WITHOUT MY PASSPORT...Even worse, I didn't realize my stupidity until we were only a half hour outside of Mo Bay, when I reached in my pocket for something else, and grabbed...you guessed it-my safe key! After telling my longtime driver of my predicament, I can now look back and laugh at the memory of the look of complete horror on his face..."You're going to miss your flight now, mon!" I've known Henry forever, and (luckily!) had his cell number memorized, so I called him and told him what I had done. NO PROBLEM...HANG TIGHT, and I'll call you right back...reassuring words from my longtime friend…He ran over to the office; sprint is probably a better word; and told Francis. Immediately a driver (Power) was dispatched to drive toward Mo Bay with my passport. My driver and I were to drive as fast as possible back to Negril; the plan being that we would keep in contact, and meet along the way...which is exactly what we did. The fast action by Henry, Francis, and Power (I hate to think how fast Power had to drive), allowed me to exchange their key for my passport, and believe it or not-I made my flight with plenty of time to spare! I can never thank Francis, Henry, and Power enough for springing into action and saving my day! Thanks again, guys see you next year!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate resort with a non-hotel atmosphere ideal for families, singles and couples alike. An excellent choice for the undemanding traveler who values the charm of a family owned and managed resort. Excellent mid beach location with rooms on the beach and garden side of the property. Choose from spacious one-bedroom apartments, inviting deluxe and standard rooms, and a villa w/pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ebookers, Expedia, Odigeo, Priceline, Hotels.com, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your White Sands Negril reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Sands Negril Hotel Negril
- White Sands Hotel Negril
- White Sands Resort Negril