“Mother's Day trip”

Ranked #22 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“Mother's Day trip”
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Thank you again White Sands for another amazing stay! This was our second trip to White Sands and I cannot wait to return next Mother’s day (if not sooner). Everyone there goes out of his or her way to make sure your feel at home. I just can’t say enough wonderful things about every single staff member there. White Sands is a fantastic place to stay from the cozy rooms, to the breath-taking beach. Love you all and counting the days until we return! Thank you!!! Tammy, Patricia, & Sandy

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank tallen39
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Can't think of a better way to spend Mother's Day. Thanks for choosing us on this special occasion and looks like it will be an annual event !! Wonderful....

So nice to read all the staff took care of you. As long as guests are open to meeting the family and the staff, they will get the real feel of Jamaica.

Hurry back for more Happy Hours on the beach with friends and family.

White Sands Negril

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (198)
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 27 May 2014

Travelling alone I had three days to spare before heading to Montego bay for a big wedding so upon reviews I chose white sands as my prestay hotel....I was not disappointed. This little hotel is a social mecca and I can see why people return over and over again.....its biggest draw is the wonderful people you are about to meet from all destinations. The rooms are more than adequate and I have to tell you I really only visited it to sleep ..... This intimate little hotel has a pool and It sits on one of the nicest beaches in Jamaica.... it is only a few dollars by taxi into town from here and if you do need a taxi... I would recommend Tonys Taxi service his prices were amongest the fairest and you can reach him at 18762870066 or email him tony19stewart@gmail.com

Room Tip: i liked the beach so i booked beachside ...easy
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Haaa...so funny. We have been called many things...and now we get to chalk up one more...Social Mecca !! Love it.

We do have tons of repeat clients and they often keep in touch as friends throughout the year and do their annual friends reunion at White Sands.

Glad you had a great time and were able to stay with us and enjoy a wedding.

Hurry back and apply as our Social Mecca Director !!

Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Reviewed 18 May 2014

This was my second visit to this hotel and once again it didn't disappoint. We were supposed to stay for two nights but because of travel issues ended up getting there a day late and spent only one. The manager did offer to have us stay another night free of charge but we weren't able to. Staff were very friendly and the service at the restaurant was actually a little faster this time around. This time we walked along the beach to Margaritaville and checked out all the other hotels.
Good: very large room, Garden side very quiet, pool, across the street is the ocean, beach bar with daily drink specials, lobster lunch/fruit juice/horseback riding/ jet ski and other water sports all available from vendors on the beach, central location, access to taxi to go in town, friendly staff and good local restaurants and jerk carts.
Not so good: restaurant high for not a lot of food (breakfast), if there is a party at Chances beach you will hear the music-even on the garden side if you're a light sleeper.
This is a great inexpensive spot to stay when visiting Negril!

Room Tip: I love the rooms on the garden side, seem more private and quieter.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
2nd time here and we hope you will soon be writing about your 3rd time here.

Glad you enjoyed your time here and hopefully next time you will be able to make it a 3-5 night vacation.

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write your trip report.

Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I loved White Sands, from the front office, to the great security on the beach, being a solo traveler
it was important to feel safe. Easy to meet friends right on the beach, and also locals. Got yelled at
by Leedon for leaving my phone unattended, lol, hows that for good beach security. Drinks at bar were very good, and reasonable, Rooms were simple, but nice, no problem. Ac worked so well
that I had to keep it on low. Can't wait to meet up with friends again at the White Sands!!!

2 Thank joann p
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Yep...we are a home to many clients around the world and it is the greatest feeling you could ever have running a small resort.

Liddon is everybody's Grandpa...He is the best.

We hope you make it back soon tocatch up with friends and family.

Thanks for taking the time to write a report.

New York
Reviewed 12 May 2014

White Sands is a nice, comfortable, clean affordable place to stay. If anyone writes a negative comment about White Sands, it's because they did not do their homework. It's not for people who spend most of their time in a room, or who wish to have granite in the bathroom. You must bring your own amenities, something i do anyways. If you want to make new friends, socialize with locals, guess and the staff, this is the place to be. Tony and the other bartender(sorry, forgot his name) were so nice and solicitous. The beach security guards were awesome. Never had to worry about items i left on the beach as i went walking or in the water.
Chief TraceyAnn makes the best cheese and Callaloo omelet. Ariel and the other assistant were friendly and attentive.
Frances and the office staff were helpful, friendly, and very accommodating. I definitely will return to White sands again.

2 Thank Sheala C
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Our extended family grows bigger each year and it is a real pleasure for us. We are blessed.

Fantastic trip report, honest and true. We very much appreciate your advice.

Don't keep your family waiting too long...hurry back home !

Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

I spent 9 days at WSN, I first want to state that I was not on the beach side and I was upset at first. But after a day or so I realized that it wasn't so bad after all because I hardly spent time in my room at all. Big up to my chief Tracey Ann. Many thanks to you for your special touch with the delicious meals that you prepared for me. A must see are the 3 parrots that they have. They only say bye bye to you when they see you walking away. Everything was close by. Downtown was a hope skip and a jump in a taxi cab. The beach was the place to be. The water was to die for. I went snorkeling with my only boat crew.. Andy's crew.. Andrew and Mike. They are always in front of the seaquest hotel where I would go eat breakfast every morning with my Good friend/Chief Ms. Cindy. Big up Mrs. Glades.. The owner of seaquest. All in all Jamaica is not a one stop shop. There are different things to get at different places. Ms. Rose is the only place to go get your fruits from on Negril beach. She is also in front of sea quest hotel. I will be back and I will stay at WSN once again. ...

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
4 Thank Zagats
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
9 days is great amount of time to get into the groove of Caribbean living.

Thank you for all the kind words about the staff. Sounds like you had a great time and we look forward to hosting you again.

Fort Macleod, Canada
Reviewed 25 April 2014

The White Sands is my favorite hotel in Negril. I recommend it highly to anybody that would like to see Jamaica as it truly is, this hotel does not limit you to only stay on the resort; it allows you to experience more of the island as it is meant to be experienced. My family and I have stayed at The White Sands all eight times that we have been to Jamaica and we have toured the island, been to every perish and made friends with the locals. The staff at the white sands care for your well being, safety and also that you have the best time possible. My favorite part about waking up at The White Sands is feeling the warm sun, walking down to the beach and having a delicious breakfast with Blue Mountain Coffee by the ocean. Every trip to The White Sands has been the best family time that I could have asked for, they are relaxing and tranquil, everybody and everything at The White Sands makes our stay extremely enjoyable. This resort is not a fancy resort, it is simply a uplifting and well run paradise that continues to satisfy and bring joy to people.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank 18Canada67
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
As to the title of your trip report....We are affordable and it is paradise here. So I guess I have to agree with you 100% !!

You are right...we offer an authentic stay and we want everyone to feel genuine Jamaica. We are very different than the all-inclusive experience and are glad for it.

Wonderful to read coming here offers you great family time. To be able to truly relax and unwind is a blessing.

We will definitely be seeing you again soon and thanks again.

Whites Sands Negril