“Basic but Beautiful!”
Review of White Sands Negril

Ranked #23 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 4 August 2014

If you want 5* luxury on your trip to Negril then maybe this isn't the place for you but if you're looking for a relaxed, fun, and affordable stay then White Sands is perfect! Stayed for 2 weeks with my partner and had an amazing time! Every member of staff was extremely helpful with special mention to Francis who was more than happy to organise all of our excursions and even order our breakfast in the mornings! We both felt very secure staying here as there are security guards on site at all hours. If I had to give a criticism the food here is a little pricey compared to other local places but overall I would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Chose the Garden Side as it was slightly cheaper and did not regret our decision.
1  Thank Jj1403
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to write your review. Describing us as 'relaxed, fun and affordable' is a compliment that I will take any day of the week and twice on Sunday. Glad you and your partner had an amazing time and we hope to host you again soon.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

I booked this deal with White Sands using Groupon. I knew it wasn't a highly rated resort ahead of time. However, the rooms and bathrooms are clean, the showers are hot with decent water pressure, the cleaning staff are friendly and professional, and the owners/managers are helpful, informative and accommodating. Oh, did I forget, free WI-FI?! I would definitely stay there again. My only complaint is the cost of the food at the restaurant. I felt pricing was a bit high, but the food was always good and fresh. There is a wide bar selection, and drinks and prices were reasonable. Our room was on the garden side, and I would suggest that over the beach side (a very short 2 min walk to the beach).

Room Tip: ?There are no TVs in the rooms. Bring your laptop or tablets to access wi-fi to watch tv or movies...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Nikisha R
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 2 August 2014

Glad you were able to snag our first deal on Groupon. Thank you for the kind words. Glad you liked your room and the staff treated you well. We always try out best.
Come back soon, we look forward to sharing our beach and WiFi with you !!

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed with a group of friends for one night as we included some fun time within our work time. From the time I made the booking Mr. Williams took care of all our needs. We arrived very late about 1am due an unexpected delay but we were expected and we settled in very well and had a good night's rest. Next morning we headed to have breakfast on the beach front and it was great. Jennifer our server was so very accommodating to our every need and request. My friend who is a complete vegan vegetarian was very satisfied with her breakfast as Stacy made sure she used a new pan. Of course some of us used the opportunity to take a swim while breakfast was being prepared. After a short trip to the town we came back to the beach and spent the rest of the evening. Thanks to Tony for making us divine pina coladas. It was an amazing short and sweet stay. I would stay there again and recommend it. This property is right smack in the middle of seven mile beach. The food is great. We stayed in the garden side rooms and its quiet and cool with all the surrounding greenery. The beach is just a short walk away, less than 2 minutes. Thanks again to all the staff that saw to our needs.

Room Tip: Garden side is quieter and closer to the pool, office and parking facilities. Its also cheaper if yo...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Naturelover34
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Thank you for allowing us to host you, glad you and your friend had a great time. Very kind of you to write nice things about Jennifer and Francis. It certainly is wonderful to take a swim before enjoying breakfast....Livin' the Life !!

We look forward to sharing our beach with you again soon.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

Came in on a Friday and left on a Tuesday. Secluded, clean and very relaxing with the essentials for a functional getaway. No need for a TV or fancy gadgets although there is WiFi. We stayed in a garden side room (which was preferred) with just a quick cross of the street to 7 mile beach. Daily drink specials at the bar that provide plenty of variety and flavors of the Caribbean while not skipping out on the alcohol. This was our first time in Jamaica and between the staff, locals as well as transportation and guides we felt very welcome and safe. I would absolutely recommend this place to someone who is looking to get away, especially as a couple, where there are no distractions from the outside world and you get to experience Jamaica in its fullest.

The only negative, if you can even call it that- more like nitpicking is the transparency of the walls, more so the windows. You can sometimes hear into the next room but really didn't pose an issue.

2  Thank Matthew W

You hit the nail on the head...Laid Back And Low Key is who we are and what we are all about !!

Thanks for the feedback and we look forward to hosting you when you return.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

The BAD: My sister, the boys and I are checking out today. Our Beds were HARD.
THe GOOD: We will stay again! NO BUGS in our room!!
We brought our teen boys with us for this visit to Jamaica so we rented a standard and kitchenette on the garden side. The set up met our needs and was clean with a great staff. Lloyd picked us up at the airport and took us to the supermarket. We cooked most meals in. Ate at White Sands Breakfast one morning and it was good and no one walked away hungry! We went on a sunset catamaran dinner and snorkel tour and to SeaStar Resort for dinner and show. Nice bar on the beach. Negril Peace Officers patrol the beach heavily so we always felt safe.
We will visit Negril again and would definitely stay here again.
This is not a 5 star New York property but this is a clean safe solid 3.5.If you need something.... All you have to do is ask and someone will get it for you.

Room Tip: We chose Garden side rooms and walked across the road to go to the beach. The rooms are more quite o...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank aNwElNad

Sounds like a movie !! ....The Return of White Sands....Round 2...Haaa

Glad you and your family had a nice time here. Lloyd is a great driver and a wonderful introduction to Jamaica for those who are first time visitors. He can fill you with all sorts of local knowledge during the drive along the coast from MoBay to Negril.

A sunset catamaran ride is a must while you are here, glad you experienced it.

Come back soon, we look forward to sharing our beach with you !!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

Hello!
My stay was during 4th of July week.

I took advantage of the groupon deal and stayed 5 nights. I did not upgrade to a beachside room, I chose to stay in the garden side. For under $40 dollars, I honestly feel it's a great deal for what I've paid. (Considering I live in NJ and you couldn't even get a motel room for that price.)

What I got:
-Clean Room
-Double Bed (mine wasn't hard, it was actually quite comfortable)
-Two bath towels with one towel for the floor for stepping out of the shower. (no hand/facial towels)
-STRONG AC (the quiet kind too!! none of that old leaky air conditioning units that keeps you up at night.)
-Three mini bars of soap.
-Mini Fridge
-Balcony
-Wi-Fi in rooms and on beach.

I did my research prior to my arrival and knew what to expect. I brought my own beach towels and if you don't want to bring your own, theres a gift shop next to the property on the garden side that sells everything under the sun. I brought my own toiletries which I generally do anyway.

There is housekeeping everyday.

I absolutely felt I got an awesome deal and to be on a beach front property is a plus! But I echo the other reviewers, this is a no frills hotel and don't expect any bells and whistles.

Although this was a trip for me to decompress, it was great to have wifi throughout the entire property.

So yup, this property got everything I needed to make this stay enjoyable!

4  Thank Sapphirina

Glad you agree with 90% of guests who visit us. We are known as offering the best value on the Negril beach and we are proud of it. Simple, clean, fun and laid back.

That was our first Groupon offer. Not sure if we will do it again, so glad you were able to take advantage.

We very much appreciate you taking the time to write a detailed trip report.

Hurry back, we look forward to hosting you.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

Well when I first walked into my room I thought this place was a dump. After a few days though I realized it was perfect, between the room being so inexpensive, close to the beach, decent bar on property and helpful staff. Don't always judge a book by it's cover. You are on 7 mile beach by the way!

Room Tip: Try to book the building on the ocean side this way you avoid having to cross the road to get to the...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo

Glad we eventually won your heart.

Look forward to hosting you again.