We booked to go to White Sands about 10mths ago, I did everything possible to see what this place was like. We booked a garden view with kitchen.
Upon arrivial we found it was more like a basic travel lodge than a hotel. The room was so dirty and smelt of gas, it was dark and needed a complete re-vamp. We complained to Francis very nicely and he moved us to the sea view rooms accross the rd. This was not much better, we had to sweep the floor as it was full of dirt, there was no tea/coffee making facalities, no tv (most guest houses even have tv;s in the rooms) and no info on the island. No phones in the room. The ac was poor and the lighting so so poor. The electric was soooooo slow when drying our hair , other hotels are just like the uk and england. Which we found out when we moved hotel.
We decided to leave after 3 days when our deposit was up, because on the 2nd night a guest next door brought home some ladies and they were up all night playing music and shouting, etc, until the security guard burst into the room and threw the women out.
Francis did not seem bothered when we told him and even allowed the man to stay on extra days, I guess it was because this hotel was empty compared to others in Negril.
We found so may other places to stay right near White Sands for the same money and they were fantastic places , right on the beach such as MARIPOSA. This is like a top class hotel compared to White Sands and its even cheeper per night.
The locals told me that they too have had many complaints about White Sands.
On nice note I have to say both HENRY AND DONAVAN were fantastic and it was a shame we had to leave them behind.
Maybe Francis could take my comments and do something about White Sands, the swimming pool was empty the whole time as it was dirty and there was a dog running about the place lose all the time. The food in the bar was bad and the bar area was so depressing you would not want to stop there for a drink.
I was not looking for first class, I know you dont spend time in your room on holiday but you do have to wash and sleep there and I would not sleep in a shed at home so why do it abroad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate resort with a non-hotel atmosphere ideal for families, singles and couples alike. An excellent choice for the undemanding traveler who values the charm of a family owned and managed resort. Excellent mid beach location with rooms on the beach and garden side of the property. Choose from spacious one-bedroom apartments, inviting deluxe and standard rooms, and a villa w/pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, HotelsClick, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your White Sands Negril reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Sands Negril Hotel Negril
- White Sands Hotel Negril
- White Sands Resort Negril