“Plan to stay again”
Review of White Sands Negril

Ranked #21 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 18 August 2010

My husband and I stayed at White Sands for our honeymoon. The hotel is a perfect getaway. All the staff are very friendly. Drinks are cheap, food is great! We'll be visiting again this October.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KJames1018
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 31 August 2010

Thank you for allowing us to host you on your honeymoon. I cannot tell you how happy we are you enjoyed your time here and that you will be visiting with us again in October. I will be sure to tell the Bar/Grill staff that you enjoyed the Food & Beverage. Have a wonderful summer and we will see you early Fall. From all of us at White Sands Negril.

Reviewed 1 August 2010

Thanks to Francis and his staff at white sands hotel we had a wonderful vacation, They were very accommodating and the rates were great, I will always stay there from now on.
We went to Ocho Rios for a few days and came right back to White Sands for the rest of our stay in Jamaica.
Thank you Francis for working with us.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Eggshop
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2010

Hello Eggshop !
Very glad to host you and thank you for your kind words. Yes, Francis is the best and all our guests love him. He gets know everyone, answers all their questions, gives them good local knowledge about what to do and where to eat, etc...That is the vibe of White Sands and I am glad you left with a good feeling. We look forward to hosting you on your next visit. Thank you from all of us at White Sands Negril.

Reviewed 28 July 2010

My friend and I recently returned from our first visit to Jamaica and had the pleasure of staying at the White Sands. The grounds were lovely and the beach was amazing. What makes the White Sands so incredible is the feeling that you get while staying there. The people in and around White Sands are wonderful which made our trip so memorable. Maureen & Jennifer at the restaurant were always there to greet us for breakfast and start off our day with delicious coffee. Leydon was security there and took care of our stuff when we walked the beach, even bringing it in out of the rain if we weren’t around. Tony the bartender was a great guy...good conversation, great music and killer drinks. Connie gives amazing massages right on the beach and braids hair – thanks for all the laughs girl. Powers was always there to take us anywhere we needed to go and watched out for us while we were out and about. These people and so many others there just made us feel so welcome and at home. It is a smaller hotel allowing you to see the same guests during your visit and we made many friends during our 2 weeks there.
The hotel rooms were clean and basic. There are no TV’s in the room but honestly who goes to Jamaica to watch TV?? The rooms were safe and Janet our housekeeper always made sure the room was tidy. If you are looking for 5 star accommodations go somewhere else and pay the price. If you are looking for a wonderful, safe, clean and friendly place then White Sands Negril is the place to be. Can’t wait to go back !!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank AllieNVan
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 8 October 2010

We are so pleased to read you enjoyed your stay here and that you were warmly welcomed by our employees. Our staff is what keeps many travelers coming back year after year and we value their work. And the fact that you had a nice time with non workers, i.e. Power the taxi driver and and Connie the beach massage lady, makes it all the better.
Thank you for the kind words and we look forward to hosting you again on your next visit.
Kindest regards,

Reviewed 28 July 2010

White Sands captures Negril style. Laid back, friendly staff, safe hotel. White Sands is located in the middle of the 7 mile beach, which we walked everyday. The staff welcomed you as if you were family. Their security staff kept a quiet watch over all the guests. White Sands Hotel gave us a true experience of Jamacia. Which we would not have experienced at an all inclusive hotel. We got to know the people and food. We recommend the guy on bike with cardboard box for patties at lunchtime $1.50 try and you will love them. Jason sold chicken from a steel drum cooker on the street in front of White Sands - he was polite and great price on chicken and rice/beans ($5.00 us) . We found the vendors on the beach very convienient - anything you want comes by at some point in time (fruit, patties, lobster, excursions, jewelry, newspapers...) If you do not want anything respectfully no thanks and they move on down the beach.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 10 December 2010

Your first sentence says it all, thank you for understanding what we are all about. I will absolutely tell the staff they are doing a great job and I am glad you felt welcome. You are right, an all inclusive would never allow you to enojoy the real Negril. At White Sands you get to know the staff and learn about a new culture. Some of our guests even go to church and visit our staff at their homes when they visit. We are a family and a community and we have been receiving guests for many decades. Thank you again for taking the time to write and we look forward to hosting you again in the near future. Cheers, White Sands Negril

Reviewed 26 July 2010

I came to Negril for a wedding at a resort nearby. I was the only one who stayed off the resort. And I came as a solo traveler. When I stepped off the Bus, I was greeted warmly by theFrontDeskCoordinator...Cassanna...(I apologize to any names i mispell, or forget, as EachPersonInAroundAndAPart of White Sands, was geninuely caring and generous with their patience and kindness) . Thank you for giving me instant comfort, allowing me moments to let my LovedOnes know I was in a Good Place...There is A Man with A Golden Smile(you'll know him when you meet him!)...Thank you for constantly checking in on me...Anticipating my needs...You a great spirit!...I am thankful for having the quiet wisdom and care of Power. He was a wonderful Transport...more than a taxi...If I mentioned something I may have been interested in...and he knew where it was...You are Thoughtful...He Provided me a private line to the OutSideWorld...I was able to contact him directly when I needed him...He gave me insight...patience with my questions...Power you were incredibly important for my First Trip to Jamaica...Thank you.
Security was on property, the bar was perfect mix of music, news, a random movie...laughter, conversation...when i first go there...TonyTheDrinkMan was chillin' with a really cool kid and engage each and every guest...It was a synchronized and balance of the energy Great Energy...I mentioned music...Tony made a call, and there was music a short while later. Give me five!! That is Tony. Thank You Tony...I dont remember her name, but the Woman Who answered a need before I could say...I am hungry...The Cook was well versed in his art. There was AnOlderGentleMan who wore a security shirt during the day...he was Wisdom and laughter...Thank You....Ms Nora, Thank You.
No this wasn't the resort. I know that...but it was more like home, than I thought I'd imagined I'd feel for my first trip to Negril.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
mrussell, Manager at White Sands Negril, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Thank you for your extremely kind words and we look forward to hosting you again soon.

Kindest regards,

Reviewed 21 July 2010

For the fifteenth time we will vist Negril and stay at White Sands in just two weeks.... Each visit makes for an experience that lasts fondly in memory for another year. Fine staff: friendly and family like really, beautiful grounds, a whisper from one of the finest beaches in the world..... I will always recommend it to friends, colleagues and passersby alike.....
Expect peace, quiet, simple comfort, a great bargin, and did I mention the beach!!!
IRIE!!!!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple

Thank you for your extremely kind words and wonderful review. We look forward to hosting you again.

Cheers,

Reviewed 10 July 2010

This was my first time to Jamaica. My group has visited for the past 15 yrs. Good food, drinks and tap water was fine. Never got sick. Had fresh fruit, good rum and good food. Everything was fresh as I like veggies. The conch soup was fabulous. The shrimp was good. Lobster is out of season until July. Be careful and do not eat until in season. Meet some very nice people from other countries. Will definately visit again. The ocean was grand and warm. Could walk out to my neck and still see my feet. Calm and warm. A++++++

• Stayed: June 2010
1  Thank wackedout

Thank you for your wonderful review and kind words.

We look forward to sharing our beach with you again soon.

Cheers,