This place was perfect for our group of four female college students. Check-in was smooth and relatively quick. The lady checking us in was very nice, and we were given a welcome letter that contained all of the hotel’s info. We stayed in the one bedroom apartment, #C1, which was as close to the beach/bar/restaurant as you could get. I paid $485.60 total for four people for two nights, directly to the hotel. We loved it! The living room was setup with two twin beds, an arm chair, a coffee table and a couch. There was a dining room with a table and four chairs, a kitchen that looked well-equipped (I didn’t use anything except the fridge and microwave for leftovers, but it seemed to have everything one might need) and a private bedroom with a twin and a double bed. The bathroom was really big and nice as well. We had a little private patio outside our door with a table and chairs too.
I was concerned when I booked because of the comments some reviewers had made about the wooden slats that were installed on the windows instead of glass panes, but it wasn’t a problem for us. The slats closed so no one could see in, although you could hear everything through them. Because our room was right near the bar it was usually noisy, but this didn’t bother us- we enjoyed hearing the waves and people having a good time outside on the beach. The one AC unit was in the bedroom, which had seemingly standard windows, so as long as the doors to the bedroom and bathroom were shut then the bedroom would cool down easily and the wooden slats weren’t a problem. Luckily two members of our party love to freeze while they sleep, and the other two always bundle up in sweats so this AC setup worked perfectly for us, it may not for others. I thought the beds were really comfortable, and the flat screen t.v. in the bedroom is a nice touch too.
I can’t say much about the maid service; we were in the room when she came so I just traded out our dirty towels for clean ones, and that was our only interaction with them because we were only there for two nights. We ate at the restaurant twice, and found the food to be good but nothing too special. Everyone on their staff whom we came into contact with was really kind and welcoming, and I hope that I get the opportunity to stay here again in the future because I felt safe the entire time and they really were genuinely nice people.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An intimate resort with a non-hotel atmosphere ideal for families, singles and couples alike. An excellent choice for the undemanding traveler who values the charm of a family owned and managed resort. Excellent mid beach location with rooms on the beach and garden side of the property. Choose from spacious one-bedroom apartments, inviting deluxe and standard rooms, and a villa w/pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your White Sands Negril reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- White Sands Negril Hotel Negril
- White Sands Hotel Negril
- White Sands Resort Negril