Country Country Beach Cottages
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Rayon Hotel(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$670
US$313
US$193
  • Breakfast included
Home Sweet Home Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$115
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
TripAdvisor
  • Breakfast included
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
All reviewsbanana pancakesthe cottageswifi loungepremium cottagebreakfast was includedwrap around porchackee saltfishthe security guardevery morninglaid backtree frogsall inclusivesjamaican breakfastfront officesmall propertyrestaurant staffpatties
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Upon arrival at Country Country we were greeted by Monique, the residential manager, with "welcome home Ron and Barbara". This was our first stay at CC, and we were treated as family from the first moment. Check-in was a breeze and we were introduced to Lee who escorted us to our cottage near the beach. We unpacked in time to change and make it to the beach for the first of many awesome sunsets. I will categorize the remainder of my review to stay on point.

Resort Grounds and Cottages: Nicely landscaped grounds with a winding brick path from the road to the beach. We stayed in 511, a standalone cottage just 15 steps from the beach, and it was cozy and comfortable. Big enough for two people and has a nice wrap-around porch with a view of the water and beach. We were serenaded by tree frogs in the evening and by birds early in the morning. The resort is well cared for and very safe. The guards at the front gate ask for your name, cottage number, and where you are going when you leave the property day or night. Guards at the beach do a great job of keeping the beach vendors from bothering you.

Staff: Monique is warm, gracious, and caring and we miss her. Opal, our most favorite waitress at Country Peppa, made us feel welcome from the first time we met. We miss her also. All restaurant staff members do a wonderful job. The chefs are all very talented and have perfected a wide range of sauces for meat, poultry and seafood dishes. A real treat for the taste buds. If you need anything at the beach, just ask Lee. He will set you up each morning at your desired location and make sure you have fresh towels on your chaise lounges. He is a hard worker and takes pride in making sure the beach area is raked, clean, and everything is set for the day. We chatted with him every day and miss him also. Skeapha has a variety of jobs including maintaining the grounds. He is also a talented singer and can extract coconut meat from a fresh coconut with speed and skill. Ernie is the main CC driver and he knows everyone and where anything is outside the resort. My wife has special dietary needs so Ernie brought me into town to the Value Mart to pick up supplies, and he kept an eye on me while I shopped. That made me feel safe knowing Ernie had my back. Other staff members we came to know are Romaine at the restaurant, and Dennis, one of the guards. We can’t wait to go back next year to reacquaint ourselves with everyone and get to know the other staff members better.

Restaurant: I do not understand why Country Peppa is not on TripAdvisor’s list of rated restaurants. Throughout the week we saw numerous people staying at other resorts eat there for lunch and dinner. Country Peppa breakfasts were consistently good and the menu is varied enough so you can have different tasty meals each morning. Eggs any style, omelets with different fillings, honey French toast, and of course their famous banana pancakes were all very delicious. They also serve traditional saltfish and ackee, a fruit plate with toast and a cinnamon bun, and very, very good Blue Mountain coffee. For lunch the menu includes salads, wraps and a variety of sandwiches including my favorite, a jerk chicken club sandwich. The dinner menu changes nightly and as I said above, the sauces for the entrees are impressive. If you have special dietary needs, the staff will gladly accommodate. For example, my wife has a condition where she can’t eat spicy hot foods because they burn her mouth. The staff took care of that by placing the spicy sauce on the side or not including at all. Just ask because the staff members aim to please. Service was always very good and the prices very reasonable.

Weather: It only rained once, an early morning shower on the day we left. It was sunny to partly sunny the entire week with daytime temps averaging 84 degrees F and nighttime temps in the low-mid 70s. There was a 3-day period where onshore winds brought waves into Long Bay and basically shut down all water sports and even swimming for many. The biggest impact was to the local economy since so many people rely on water and beach-related activities to earn a living.

Excursion/Trips: We took the Black River Safari and it was mildly interesting. We saw a few crocs and some birds, and impressive mangroves, but it was not worth the expense and most importantly, the bumpy 90 minute plus car ride each way. We also went to Margaritaville and Rick's Cafe, but don't plan to back to either. We will, however, go back to Ivan's because the food is very good and the setting/views are outstanding. Caution: Be careful walking anywhere along the sides of the road in the cliffs area. The road is very narrow and the cars will be too close for comfort. If going to different places, take transportation.

Summary: We could not have selected a better resort than Country Country. Our entire week was wonderful and we can’t wait to go back next year. Our thanks to Monique and the entire staff and we wish them all a wonderful Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Room Tip: Cottage 511 is standalone and steps from the beach. Some cottages are 2-story and you can't go wrong with any of them.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple
5  Thank 2Puppies
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This was a very Clean, cute, wonderful place! We were well taken care of. Felt safe at night. Beautiful view of the beach. Wonderful staff. GREAT breakfast... get the banana pancakes! If I ever return to Negril, I will be staying here again!

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank Rebecca P
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I know individual tastes vary as well as expectations of a "hotel". For my first trip to Negril (actually to Jamaica) I wanted a "cottage on the beach", beach bar, a place to eat, and since I was going it alone, a place where I felt safe. The photos of this property sold me, but I know they can be deceiving so I was a bit nervous before I arrived, unsure of what I had gotten myself into. Country Country was just what I needed! Extremely friendly and helpful staff, I fell in love with all of them and I was able to try all my "must have" dishes and drinks. Sure it took me a night or two to get used to falling asleep while being serenaded by the tree frogs, but I did it! I do have to say that the bed was a little harder than what I am use to (sorry Monique), but not so much that I won't return!

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank livlvlife
Reviewed 14 November 2011

Fantastic cottages with great facilities right on the beach, suitable for families and safe and secure. Every morning we would enjoy the local specialities for breakfast overlooking the beach and sea. The rooms were cleaned well and maintained to a high standard. There is 24 hour security and WIFI in the Lounge area. The reception stocks lots of board games and staff are warm, friendly and welcoming. There is a secluded area for relaxing on the beach and the hotel restaurant offers high standards of local and international cuisine. The only thing missing from this paradise is a pool, but who needs the pool when you have the beach. We visited the Cool Runnings water park a short taxi ride away and the town centre is also a short taxi ride if you want to do some shopping or visit other restaurants. I would recommend staying here on Negril Beach - the best beach in Jamaica.

Room Tip: From Montego Bay airport is approx 1.5-2hours by road to Negril.
  • Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank kam02
Reviewed 12 November 2011

Having been to Negril on two previous occasions, both at large all-inclusives I have to admit that I was apprehensive about our first stay in a smaller property. I travelled as with a small group and had responsibility for locating a good property which was within budget. After many hours of searching through the TA reviews we decided on Country, Country (somewhat apprehensively).
I can honestly say that we needn't have worried, as the property and staff absolutely exceeded our expectations. We hired a car and SAT NAV at the airport and made our way to Negril, on arrival at the property we were welcomed and escorted to our cottages, both were clean and in good order (this was maintained by the excellant housekeeping staff during our stay) we loved the fact that each of our cottages had a verandah with a table and chairs so we could sit and enjoy the sights and sounds of Jamaica.
A short walk down the path led to the dining area which is situated on the beach. We especially loved eating our breakfast there and watching the world go by. On the subject of breakfasts I believe that was one of the strong points of this property, their caribbean breakfast was superb and the standard was maintained for the duration of our stay. We chose to eat our lunch and evening meals at a variety of other locations in Negril, our absolute favourite being 'Catch a Falling Star', they had a large amount of choice and again the food was of an excellant standard.
Overall Country, Country represents excellant value for money at a time when most us are tightening our belts !

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple