“3 days of joy”

Ranked #25 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Ramsgate, United Kingdom
“3 days of joy”
Reviewed 27 December 2011

We came to stay here for 3 nights as we were spending the main part of our holiday at Treasure Beach. What a fantastic place this is. We booked one of the premium rooms and were no more than a minutes stroll to the beach and restaurant. The room was clean, good water pressure, generous. Closet space and the balcony had views directly out to sea. The food in the restaurant was very good. The evening menu had a small selection but everything we tried was excellent. Plenty of space to sit on the beach. This is by far the best place I have stayed on negril beach and will definately return for a longer stay.

Room Tip: Premium rooms are almost on the beach.
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
12 Thank victoriahill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Southside, Alabama
Reviewed 15 December 2011

Another excellent stay at Country Country. After 4 years and many stays here, I cannot say enough good things about CC, management and staff. Some business trips, some personal, but all memorable. Monique and her staff take great pains to insure everything is perfect and no wants go unattended.We usually stay in Coozy, a small apartment across the street from the beach but on this trip we stayed on the beach side in 524. It was clean as always and after an addition of a feather topper for the bed (thanks Monique), very comfortable. Banana pancakes every morning with a spectacular view started our days. I wanted to bring the cook home with me! Lee is always around to help with anything needed. There is not a safer, more enjoyable place to stay in Negril. The grounds are gorgeous and spotless, the cottages quaint and clean, and the restaurant/bar serves the best breakfast and suppers. If you don't see something ask, if you need something, ask. I have been gone from there less than a day now and miss my Negril family.

Room Tip: Rooms on the beach side can get a little noisy from Margaritaville during the season and there are n...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
5 Thank Diana M
Reviewed 10 December 2011

Spent a week at Country Country and it was awesome. Had an upstairs cottage with a view of the ocean. The staff was extremely friendly and helpful. They taught us some Jamaica Patios to use when shopping. Breakfast was excellent everyday. Overall, it was a great choice.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank DeeDee L
Las Vegas
Reviewed 9 December 2011

We had our own cottage which had a front porch with table and chairs. We also had a separate porch on the side with chairs which was more private.
Cottage had plenty of space. Very clean. Bathroom small but functional.
Easy access to their beach area. Enjoyed breakfast on the beach each morning at their restaurant.
Overall this is not a fancy place, just a nice relaxing one.
Margaritaville is a short walk along the beach if you want something upbeat.

• Stayed June 2011
4 Thank Fluffybunny6702
Concord, New Hampshire
Reviewed 7 December 2011

Upon arrival at Country Country we were greeted by Monique, the residential manager, with "welcome home Ron and Barbara". This was our first stay at CC, and we were treated as family from the first moment. Check-in was a breeze and we were introduced to Lee who escorted us to our cottage near the beach. We unpacked in time to change and make it to the beach for the first of many awesome sunsets. I will categorize the remainder of my review to stay on point.

Resort Grounds and Cottages: Nicely landscaped grounds with a winding brick path from the road to the beach. We stayed in 511, a standalone cottage just 15 steps from the beach, and it was cozy and comfortable. Big enough for two people and has a nice wrap-around porch with a view of the water and beach. We were serenaded by tree frogs in the evening and by birds early in the morning. The resort is well cared for and very safe. The guards at the front gate ask for your name, cottage number, and where you are going when you leave the property day or night. Guards at the beach do a great job of keeping the beach vendors from bothering you.

Staff: Monique is warm, gracious, and caring and we miss her. Opal, our most favorite waitress at Country Peppa, made us feel welcome from the first time we met. We miss her also. All restaurant staff members do a wonderful job. The chefs are all very talented and have perfected a wide range of sauces for meat, poultry and seafood dishes. A real treat for the taste buds. If you need anything at the beach, just ask Lee. He will set you up each morning at your desired location and make sure you have fresh towels on your chaise lounges. He is a hard worker and takes pride in making sure the beach area is raked, clean, and everything is set for the day. We chatted with him every day and miss him also. Skeapha has a variety of jobs including maintaining the grounds. He is also a talented singer and can extract coconut meat from a fresh coconut with speed and skill. Ernie is the main CC driver and he knows everyone and where anything is outside the resort. My wife has special dietary needs so Ernie brought me into town to the Value Mart to pick up supplies, and he kept an eye on me while I shopped. That made me feel safe knowing Ernie had my back. Other staff members we came to know are Romaine at the restaurant, and Dennis, one of the guards. We can’t wait to go back next year to reacquaint ourselves with everyone and get to know the other staff members better.

Restaurant: I do not understand why Country Peppa is not on TripAdvisor’s list of rated restaurants. Throughout the week we saw numerous people staying at other resorts eat there for lunch and dinner. Country Peppa breakfasts were consistently good and the menu is varied enough so you can have different tasty meals each morning. Eggs any style, omelets with different fillings, honey French toast, and of course their famous banana pancakes were all very delicious. They also serve traditional saltfish and ackee, a fruit plate with toast and a cinnamon bun, and very, very good Blue Mountain coffee. For lunch the menu includes salads, wraps and a variety of sandwiches including my favorite, a jerk chicken club sandwich. The dinner menu changes nightly and as I said above, the sauces for the entrees are impressive. If you have special dietary needs, the staff will gladly accommodate. For example, my wife has a condition where she can’t eat spicy hot foods because they burn her mouth. The staff took care of that by placing the spicy sauce on the side or not including at all. Just ask because the staff members aim to please. Service was always very good and the prices very reasonable.

Weather: It only rained once, an early morning shower on the day we left. It was sunny to partly sunny the entire week with daytime temps averaging 84 degrees F and nighttime temps in the low-mid 70s. There was a 3-day period where onshore winds brought waves into Long Bay and basically shut down all water sports and even swimming for many. The biggest impact was to the local economy since so many people rely on water and beach-related activities to earn a living.

Excursion/Trips: We took the Black River Safari and it was mildly interesting. We saw a few crocs and some birds, and impressive mangroves, but it was not worth the expense and most importantly, the bumpy 90 minute plus car ride each way. We also went to Margaritaville and Rick's Cafe, but don't plan to back to either. We will, however, go back to Ivan's because the food is very good and the setting/views are outstanding. Caution: Be careful walking anywhere along the sides of the road in the cliffs area. The road is very narrow and the cars will be too close for comfort. If going to different places, take transportation.

Summary: We could not have selected a better resort than Country Country. Our entire week was wonderful and we can’t wait to go back next year. Our thanks to Monique and the entire staff and we wish them all a wonderful Christmas and a happy, healthy and prosperous New Year.

Room Tip: Cottage 511 is standalone and steps from the beach. Some cottages are 2-story and you can't go...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank 2Puppies
Lexington, Kentucky, United States
Reviewed 2 December 2011

This was a very Clean, cute, wonderful place! We were well taken care of. Felt safe at night. Beautiful view of the beach. Wonderful staff. GREAT breakfast... get the banana pancakes! If I ever return to Negril, I will be staying here again!

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank Rebecca P
Elkhart, Indiana, United States
Reviewed 30 November 2011

I know individual tastes vary as well as expectations of a "hotel". For my first trip to Negril (actually to Jamaica) I wanted a "cottage on the beach", beach bar, a place to eat, and since I was going it alone, a place where I felt safe. The photos of this property sold me, but I know they can be deceiving so I was a bit nervous before I arrived, unsure of what I had gotten myself into. Country Country was just what I needed! Extremely friendly and helpful staff, I fell in love with all of them and I was able to try all my "must have" dishes and drinks. Sure it took me a night or two to get used to falling asleep while being serenaded by the tree frogs, but I did it! I do have to say that the bed was a little harder than what I am use to (sorry Monique), but not so much that I won't return!

• Stayed August 2011, travelled solo