“WOW! TooBAD!”

Ranked #25 of 85 Hotels in Negril
new york
“WOW! TooBAD!”
Reviewed 13 August 2013

This hotel has good and not so good qualities! Big Up! Sereta...for your pleasant manner. I have to say the room needed updating..I was in room 522. Their beach hotel is in a nice location. I felt safe..when walking to the room alone in the evening. The hotel staff...seemed uneventful. Why hardly anyone (staff) had a smile on their face...well I have ..no clue???? The maid was lazy..she could have done a better job to make sure the ..bathroom was sanitary..before and during our stay. When we arrived our room was not prepped...hot and seriously sticky :(. We had a dysfunctional airconditioner that died a day or so before my departure. They jeri-rigged a portable one that blew out coolish air ...sporadically...actually sucked! Anyway..I'm a bit turned off from Country,country. My stay at SEASPLASH was better on last years visit!..I probably will try Treehouse in the future.
TEE

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank SERIOUSTEE

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (123)
  • Polish first
Carmel, Indiana
Reviewed 7 August 2013

We have been all over Jamaica. We travel there 3-4 times per year. This place was so small and wonderful. The food was good. The staff very friendly. The beach was awesome! We could easily walk up and down the beach for a variety of lunch and dinner spots. If you want to save money from the all inclusive resorts that can get so expensive, than try this small boutique hotel. We loved it!It is very simple, but amazingly nice. We will return when in Negril again!

Room Tip: ask for a new room or an upstairs room
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank jamerician
Pismo Beach, California
Reviewed 1 August 2013

Wife:
My husband and I stayed at Country Country recently for the second half of our honeymoon (we got married at Sandals Royal Caribbean for the first half). We both loved Country Country cottages because of the location, the people (Monique, Ernie (driver/bodyguard lol) the restaurant staff) and the weather. They were all genuinely warm, wonderful people. We stayed in Room 514 which is 2nd floor nearest the beach and restaurant, which we thought was the best. It is roomy and has best view of the ocean.

My favorite drinks at the restaurant were: pina colada, and dirty banana. Breakfast is free, and I enjoyed their banana pancakes.

Our day was spent mostly on the deck or relaxing in the ocean. At one point there was tropical rain, and my husband and I swam in the warm ocean. It seemed to us, ideally what we were looking for in the true Jamaican honeymoon experience. There is parasailing, snorkeling and other water activities available. Early in our stay, we noticed some couples taking pictures of their wives "swimsuit model" poses in the surf which my husband and I decided to do as well later on during on stay. That was memorable! LOL Be aware that you will be offered "ganja" but if you say "no thank you" they will leave you alone.

Husband:
Initially, we had intended to stay on the cliffs on the west end of Negril. However, luck would have it, there was a mix up and were fortunate enough to get on 7 mile beach where Country Country is located. Every day we would take long walks along the beach. We noticed how the big hotels seemed to be only half full while the small, quaint Country Country was fully occupied. Our hat is off to owner, Monique, who made our honeymoon unforgettable.

Room Tip: Tell Monique if this your honeymoon, she will be happy to accommodate you.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank honeymoonCA
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed 24 June 2013

I'm really glad I found Country Country on TA before my trip. It met all of my expectations of a nice down-to-earth place to stay for our trip and the staff here made our Jamaican experience great.

Breakfast included is clutch. We were here in the low season so the best time to hang out on the beach and get in the water is the morning when the sky is perfectly clear. Breakfast included (on the beach BTW) as soon as we woke up made it possible to get in the water every morning and spend hours enjoying beautiful weather.

The rooms were nice and large and the bed was very comfy. There's nothing really fancy about the rooms. The TV is small, but you shouldn't be watching too much TV in Jamaica anyways. A/C worked well and the room fan helped keep us even cooler on the hot nights. The refrigerator was perfect to keep our water jugs we got from the market cool.

Ask for a mosquito net if you can. We didn't have one and we wished we did when we saw them in another guest's room the day we were leaving.

As for the noise from Margaritaville, we stayed five nights here and left on Saturday. Four out of the five nights all you could hear was the faint bass from the reggae music at Margaritaville BUT on Friday night, it was LOUD until about 2am.

All in all we had a really great time in Jamaica. The staff here is really fantastic. Everyone is so nice and welcoming and will make you feel right at home. This place is all about good vibes and relaxation. Exactly what we wanted

Room Tip: Premium cottages by the beach are great
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank AlMasri
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 17 June 2013

My husband and I recently came back from a trip to Negril Jamaica celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary. We decided to stay at 3 different places while down there and Country Country was one of our picks!

We stayed at Country Country for 2 nights. We stayed in a Premium Villa (stand alone cottage close to the beach) it was great!

Rooms are clean, grounds are gorgeous and staff is wonderful! Make you feel right at home!

We would definitely stay here again when visiting the 7 mile beach in Negril!

You must have their "banana pancakes" for breakfast! They are WONDERFUL. I had them at another Hotel but they were not as good as theirs!

To all staff: Keep up the good work and keep smiling! Thank you for a great and memorable experience!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
9 Thank CNaugle
Tampa, Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2013

We had a great time!! We were given a private cottage, which had a side walk surrounded by beautiful plants that lead to the beach. It really is island living for sure. There was asafe available to us to secure our belongings. Watch out for locals on the beach always trying to sell bracelets by force. Remember that the American dollar is worth a lot more than the Jamaican dollar. There are restaurants along the beach. I tried brown stewed pork and chicken..it was amazing!!! Super clean and will go back again!!!

Room Tip: We had the furthest cottage from the beach. The first cottage felt the safest to us. Closet to the w...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mariluvsit
Reviewed 15 June 2013

I absolutely loved Country Country. The place is beautiful and the cottages are very nice, cozy like home. I loved the walkway full of lush tropical trees and plants, it was absolutely beautiful! :-) The cottages were clean and very spacious despite the small appearance of the cottages. I enjoyed being right near the Seven Mile Beach and having a restaurant on site as well on the beach. I loved the fact that the hotel provided the lawn chairs, umbrellas and towels without a fee! I definitely recommend this place to anyone staying in Negril. I also plan to return in the near future!

Room Tip: Second level rooms provide an awesome view of the beach and property.
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple