“Happy Christmas”

Ranked #28 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Suffolk, United Kingdom
“Happy Christmas”
Reviewed 30 December 2009

Firstly, if the Moderators will allow, I would like to comment on the report submitted by LOVE2 Trvl, it is the most unfair report I have ever read.
I am aware that we all have differing options, but lets try to be fair and honest.
1 Country Country is only a small place so rooms are close together.
2 Our A/C was fine.
3 Bed was firm but OK
4 We had 5 lizards, great, you are living in the real world not a plastic hotel see picture attached!.
5 Very little noise from Margaritaville, and we are light sleepers.
6 There is no fee for the safe box unless you lose the key
7 All security guards were well awake and helpful.

Now my report:-
We arrived after a long delay at 4am, the next morning we met Monique, the Manager, a very charming helpful person. This also applies to all the staff, Gardeners, Room staff, Restaurant, Front desk, they all speak and smile and want to help you enjoy.
I have not mentioned the Security staff for a reason, they are the best, at the front and on the beach they keep the property and its guests safe. But also they are not aggressive/rude to the beach hawkers etc.
It's hard to sum up the rooms because this is a unique/ quaint property, but lets say they are very functional, and always kept clean.
The gardens also deserve a mention, what a great setting and lovely walk down to breakfast, it did get crowded one day due to a very large group, and they did run out of Tea Bags.
Also good to sit out on the room balcony and just listen to the bird sound
The Breakfasts were good, nice selection to choose from, and well prepared and served in a good beach side setting.
We to we worried about noise from Margaritaville, as we are light sleepers but to be very honest it was only slight and it stopped early, and this being over the Christmas period.
Can't comment on any other food as we eat out.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (124)
  • Polish first
Reviewed 23 December 2009

My very first stay at Country Country, Negril, Jamaica & we were treated like royalty. The homey cottages are right out of Key West, Florida in appearance. They are comfortable, immaculately clean & extremely functional for up to 3 adults per room or 2 adults & 2 children. Breakfast is included in the very reasonable room rate & is plentiful, fresh & delicious & you are right on the gorgeous 7 mile stretch of beach for which Negril is known. The staff is kind, fun, friendly & only want to please. The grounds are also well kept & they have 24 hr security if that is a concern for anyone. I can't wait to go back!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled with friends
Concord, NH
Reviewed 20 December 2009

I have been to Country Country over ten times and Love it ! I have brought many new friends and relatives to Country Country and all love it ! I have traveled with just my hubby, five girls friends..two families for Thanksgiving..The staff is absolutely tops !!! Monique, the manager has a heart of gold and a smile that is amazing....The Boss of Culinary, Chris is wonderful and the food is out of this world...Lee, who takes fabulous care of the beach and housekeeping is always there with a happy smile as the sun rises..The Ladies at the bar are full of love and laughter ...the kitchen staff is tops !!! Housekeeper...Super is just fantastic..the grounds are perfect and the beach is always so clean..the price is unbelievable....so worth every minute..The drivers..Ernie, Erdley and Roy are so personable and happy to stop for a Red Stripe on the way !!! I have traveled to many Islands and seen lots of the world, but Country Country is Home. I am surprising my hubby for his 50th next year with a HUGE party at Country Country....You must go there....i wish i was there right now..LOve it

1 Thank countrycountrylady
Love2trvl10
Reviewed 3 December 2009

I have to comment on this because this is exactly what can ruin a nice vacation. Recently stayed at Country Country with a large group. Booked our rooms on line, 5 cottages in total. Upon checking in I found that our request to have our rooms together were completely ignored. We were scattered through out the property. Our rooms were booked almost 6 months prior to our arrival. While closer together rooms were sitting vacant. After requesting the rooms be moved together the staff began a daiy routine of calling me and asking questions and CHANGING my room rate from 125 per nite to 155
per nite. I left my room key in a neighbors room one nite and went for a replacement key. At this time before they would release another room key they made me sign an authorization for the difference in the rate. Basically I was held hostage. Not a fun feeling.
The rooms AC were moldy and smelly. THE BED IN THE ROOM HAD NO PADDING AT ALL basically a mat. I had a lizard visit me in the night and again in my luggage.
Not to mention the noise form Margaritaville next door made sleeping impossible.
Our toilet rarely worked and the placement of the room safe requires you be an olympic athlete to get on the floor and reach it. You will pay a fee for that one also.
The shutter windows provide NO insulation from neighbors noise and smells(smoke).
Our across the path neighbors stayed awake until 2am drinking and smoking and laughing , I called the hotel they did nothing...the office closes at 10:30 BTW.
The pillows were removed from our bed one nite. It was a nightmare. Our security
guard at the beach smoked his afternoon pot and them slept under the tree.
I have traveled all over the world and NEVER had so many issues and problems and fees when I checked out...total nightmare!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
6 Thank Love2trvl10
Raleigh, NC
Reviewed 26 November 2009

Big up to Country Country and their staff! Just returned from a 4 nite stay with my wife; had unit 509 with a view of the ocean and only steps away from the sand. Incredible value, wonderful breakfast (included in room rate), nice accommodations, beautiful property and excellent staff, including waiters/bartenders, security and transportation. Andy and Daly, keep up the good work! No problem, mon.

1 Thank coldbrugh
Ravenna, Ohio
Reviewed 23 November 2009

We have just returned from our third stay at Country Country. From our pickup at the airport by Erdley to our check-in where we were greeted as old friends to settling in our room we had a fabulous time. I love being so close to the beach-our cottage was RIGHT THERE! Any request was met immediately. The food was as good as I remembered, the waitresses even came out on the beach to bring us drinks. There is nothing bad I can say, I love this place! And I can't wait to return!

Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Reviewed 17 November 2009

Country Country is an amazingly beautiful hotel. Set on the beach, you stay in a cottage in the middle of a beautiful garden. Nice personnel, nice food, good bar, sunsets, and well, we just loved it.

Stayed October 2009, travelled with friends