“Just got home...Can't wait to go back...Country Country is one of a Kind!”

Country Country Beach Cottages
Ranked #29 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 17 April 2010

I first read the other reviews that were posted on Trip Advisor about Country Country and that is how I based my decision to stay there. We did not want to be confined in an all inclusive, So to those that wrote the reviews,...Thank you. Monique and her entire staff will treat you like family...The girls at the bar, Stacy Ann, Sherna Kay and Ama Dean are all top notch. Rhoan (our favorite) and the rest of the security staff sees to it that you stay safe, They ask where you are going if it's late and give you good advise. The groundskeeper, Wayne, chopped some coconuts from a tree and had us try them...very good. They all deserve tips and appreciate it when you do so. The rooms were great, Overall this is the most unique place I have ever been...I rate Country higher than a 5 star hotel that I stayed at in Aruba last year. One thing..If you are booking your trip with a travel agent...Decline the to and from transportation and call Monique...She will have one her drivers, Erdley or Ernie pick you up,...You will thank me for this as I just added 3 hours to your stay at Country...Erdley took us to YS falls, Black River and Floyds Pelican Bar...We had a blast, Thank You Erdley! We are looking at returning there later this year...The water is crystal clear...You will love this unique place.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Motoman27

Reviewed 13 April 2010

Many thanks to the staff of Country Country Beach Cottages for our 10 day visit in March. Everyone at Country Country made our stay enjoyable and memorable. Managers Ewart and Monique were very kind and professional hosts. We stayed in a stand alone cottage and felt right at home. The cottage room has a large and comfortable bed. The room has all the basic necessities for a relaxing vacation. All the cottages exteriors are well maintained, brightly colored and elegantly styled in rural Jamaican fashion. The grounds are peaceful and well maintained...thanks to Wayne the gardner. The restaurant and bar staff are very friendly and fun to be around. The restaurant serves excellent food at reasonable prices. Security was great, no problem. Housekeeping kept our rooms clean and fresh. The weather was warm (80s) and mostly sunny. Some windy days made for nice wave action. 7 mile beach...can't be beat. All in all, Country Country is a comfortable place to unwind and make some new friends.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2010

Just returned from a week at Country Country and I wanted to comment on Luv To Travel's review. I thought it could not be further from the truth. I think Luv To Travel Luves to Complain. I thought the staff, beach, security and food were awesome. Everyone was willing to help out. The 2 people I really want to point out are Monique and Ernie...They went out of their way to be helpful and friendly. We will be back to Country Country.

Thanks Monique!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 March 2010

1st..thanks to all for the reviews which got us to this hotel. 2nd We've been throughout the Caribbean and this is one of our new favorites of ALL TIME. Wayne, the gardener, keeps the grounds immaculate. He even cut us an ice cold coconut off the tree! Super safe and clean place with security at the front and beach (back door). Ernie, your driver, is key to this place by going to great lengthes from pick up at the airport, trips to town, and everywhere else for a great vacation. This boutique hotel is one of a kind architecutral. Couples, familes, retirees, all seemed to be deep in enjoyment during our trip........what else can I say.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Murph_is_here
Reviewed 24 March 2010

I am a travel agent and vacationed in Jamaica with my family (My husband and I and our sons aged 15 and 17). We stayed at the Grand Palladium Lady Hamilton for the week (Too big for my taste, but all-inclusive and great for teenagers) and I had pre-arranged to visit Country, Country. I have a very critical eye and I thought this property was absolutely charming. Great location, gorgeous beach, accommodations were clean, rooms were lovely and it had everything one would need for a very comfortable stay. If you are looking for a little boutique hotel in Negril then this is definitely the place for you. Bathing suits, T-shirts and shorts are all you need to pack. Yes, Margaritaville is 2 doors down and Yes, it's noisy. We were there during Spring Break and it was very busy but my sons thought it was great.

As an agent, I would recommend this property to any of my clients looking for a casual beach holiday and I am confident they'd return pleased! I'd also bet that it would not be their last visit to Country, Country. It certainly won't be mine!

FYI - I would not recommend the larger cottages across the road. There are 2 and although they are clean and charming inside - you just don't get the same "feel" that you would staying on the beach side. I also wouldn't want to have to cross that road after a couple of Rum Punches! Apparently, the owner of Rick's Cafe had a villa right next door to Country, Country (on the beach side) which he sold to them and they are building a pool as well as several more "cottages" which should be completed by next fall/winter. With the pool added, it will be one of the best resorts in Negril.

A suggestion from a professional? The people who own Country, Country also own a property in M'o Bay called Coyaba, which is spectacular. My advice for the perfect Jamaica Vacation? - Take 10 days...spend 5 at Country, Country and 5 and Coyaba.....you'll thank me!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank travelProWaterdown
Reviewed 11 March 2010

We spent five nights at Country Country. We asked for a stand-alone cottage, and in a confirmation email, the manager implied that would be what we would receive. We didn't get a cottage. We asked why and we were told there was no guarantee of getting any specific room, even if it is booked six months in advance. Strike one.

The food at the restaurant was good, but we were awakened every morning at 7:00 am by a cart clickity-clacking down the property's brick pathway on its way to the restaurant/bar. The cook/chef prepared tasty meals but the service staff were at best unfriendly, even after we left a tip every morning. This type of poor service by waiters and waitresses is common in Jamaica. Still, there is no excuse for management to allow their employees to disrespect the guests. Strike two.

Of our five nights, Margaritaville kept us awake to midnight or so only once. The other nights were quiet by around 9 or 10 pm. Margaritaville keeps everyone awake a half mile up or down the beach with their loud music, so it isn't fair to single out Country Country as the only hotel having a noise problem. Still two strikes.

We have visited Jamaica three years in a row now and plan on returning next year. We will stay at Country Country again next year (for part of our stay), but If we don't get the room we are promised in our reservation, that will be strike three.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank dvandrv
Reviewed 7 March 2010

My wife and I had a short 3 day stay before 11 days in MO Bay. Country Country was our choice for the 3 days and based on other reviews we were not certain what to expect. Upon arrival we were greeted by Monique , the manager who I had been in contact with to set up the booking. She made us feel like family from the first time we met. We were brought to our room #502 and my wife was amazed. We have done many AI including Sandals, so I was worried how the room would compare. It was not quite as bad as I expected in fact my wife just loved the room itself and the porch with the chairs and tables were great to sit out and relax. Aside from the quietness of the room it had everything you needed to be comfortable. We had no issues with the beds or water pressure as heard before and the safe location was not an issue.
The property itself is just wonderful and it appeared they were sweeping,raking and cleaning 24 hours a day. The gardeners and housekeepers were very friendly and always made sure to ask if we needed anything.
The staff at the Bar and restaurant were great, Romaine,Cherna and Stacey Anne were so personal and made you feel like family. The only thing i would warn about is Romaine's Mai Tais. I decided to take him up on one and then another for the room. Tasted great but it kicked in on the porch and "wow" asleep on the chairs on the porch. Good Drinks Romaine.
The Security was great and after asking once your name and room number, so they could keep track of when you left and returned to the property, they knew both. They were always helpful and attentive and there were no issues with beach vendors bothering us on property. As other reviews stated, we never saw them dozing or smoking under a tree they were always doing thier job.
The office staff was great in everything we needed, and prior to leaving Monique made it a point to come to our room and say good bye to both of us.
What a Great Stay and would stay next time with no hesitation.
Thanks to all the staff.
Nick and Grace