Staying at The Rockhouse is one the most relaxing vacations I have every had in my life. You have your own small hut so you are not constantly surrounded by people and the place is very small and private. Diving off of the cliffs into the water is amazing, way better than any old beach.
Each Hut is the same inside, but a little bit different private deck sitting outside the hut. We were in room 7, which is the more expensive room called a "Premium Villa", but definitely worth it. I highly recommend you go for the more expensive rooms as they are rooms 1-11 and are in a better location than the other rooms and they all have there own kind of separate sitting area. (Although anyone can use them, nobody form the other side seems to come over probably because they think they are private for the more expensive rooms) We loved our stay so much that we stayed for 2 extra nights. We moved to room 7 for those nights and that room was great as well.
I only have 3 complaints about our stay here:
1. Food is not included, even breakfast, at all. This is not a giant deal as you do have a small refrigerator in the room and can stock up on drinks and stuff. However be aware it gets rather expensive having to eat every meal out.
2. There is no coffeemaker in the room. While this does not seem like a big deal, at $400 a night I would expect a coffeemaker at least. You have to order room service every day to get coffee. Again, not a giant deal as they are fairly quick about it, but it would sure make this place top-notch if they just included a coffeemaker.
3. The pillows are quite bad. I highly recommend you bring your own if possible. I had a a hard time sleeping because of it. Although to be fair, my boyfriend did not.
Overall, one of the most relaxing vacations ever.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Rockhouse is a boutique hotel stretching across the cliffs of Pristine Cove. Nestled amongst eight acres of tropical lush gardens, thatched roofed villas are perched on the water's edge. Guests swim in the sixty foot horizon pool or take the stairs carved into the rock down to the cove for snorkeling on the reef. Home to two award winning restaurants - the Rockhouse Restaurant & Bar and the Pushcart Restaurant & Rum Bar. The renowned Rockhouse Spa has a philosophy that is a simple, holistic approach to well-being, health and happiness. Spa treatments are undertaken "on-the-rocks" in the cliff-edge Massage Cabana or at the eight room garden spa. Yoga classes are offered daily overlooking the sea.Consistently ranked one of the top resorts in the Caribbean, the Rockhouse won the Caribbean's Leading Boutique Hotel 2014 and Jamaica's Leading Spa 2014 at the World Travel Awards. In addition, the Rockhouse was also voted the No. 1 "Best Value Hotel in the Caribbean" in Travel + Leisure's "World's Best Value Awards" and included in Conde Naste Traveler's Readers Choice list of "Best in the World". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia so you can book your Rockhouse Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Rockhouse Hotel Negril
- Rock House Jamaica
- Rockhouse Jamaica
- Rockhouse Hotel Jamaica