“Love This Place!”

Ranked #3 of 85 Hotels in Negril
New York City, New York
“Love This Place!”
Reviewed 23 March 2014

This review is wayyyyyyyyy overdue. We've been to Negril on several occasions. At The Rockhouse and once somewhere else, on the beach. What a mistake!!!!
I'm not sure that anywhere we go on this island will compare to The Rockhouse.
The rooms (we stayed in a standard, lower floor, on the corner) are clean and large. We had a beautiful covered, private, outdoor patio within the room as well as a sitting area in front of the room. The grounds are perfectly maintained. The staff is WONDERFUL. They seem to know everyone's name which is quite amazing! Shout out to Bally and Chevon! They are fantastic. From clipping me fresh aloe daily, to having our drinks ready when we walked up to the bar - this is top notch service. No screaming kids in the pool - MAJOR plus! The security made us feel safe at all times. The restaurants on property were all delicious. As a matter of fact, the owners own a handful of restaurants in NyC - they were onsite during my stay, so we chatted a bit. Very nice guys. No wonder I felt so at home! There was always a cab waiting to jet us wherever we wanted to go. I'm only sad that I don't immediately book my next return visit upon checkout. The hotel is nearly booked solid ever time I inquire. The secret is out!

Room Tip: We stayed standard room lower on the end. Loved the private patio inside the room!!
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
Redwood City, California
Reviewed 21 March 2014 via mobile

Swanky, private, and intoxicating, this hotel has been the pinnacle of relaxation for my wife and I. We have been there 3 times and can't wait to go back. We have stayed in villa 8 (1st visit, no sunset view), 10 (honeymoon visit and best view), and the closest garden room to the pool (ground floor)(upstairs guests were loud, cost effective room, far from restaurant but great pool access). All have been excellent experiences. Room service is a by slow, but this is Jamaica, they take they time-get over it.
Suggestions: the pool fare is amazing at lunch - jerk chicken and grilled mahi sandwich are staples. If you like papaya, the grannie polite is an excellent drink. If you enjoy snorkeling, swim from relaxation point North (start at the lower Villas and swim toward Pushcart and even past it). Don't expect to be well connected to the Internet.

To thoroughly enjoy this location, turn off your phone and laptop and enjoy life!

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
NYC
Reviewed 21 March 2014

So many wonderful things have been said about this hotel and I agree with all of them, so I will keep it to my *very* favorite elements:

1. The staff - the perfect balance of being attentive but not overly so. Every single person at Rockhouse is friendly. Many have an uncanny gift for remembering your name - within 24 hours I felt right at home.
2. Morning yoga overlooking the water with Fanette. I am not even a huge yoga person but she is so lovely I went every day and was surprised how much my practice progressed with her guidance.
3. The spa - of course my husband and I both enjoyed our treatments (massage for him, scrub by the sea for me - wow) but when I came back the next day with a sea urchin spine in my big toe, they took care of that as well.

We'll be back next spring.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jay, Florida
Reviewed 18 March 2014

flew down for a friends 40th birthday.. What a great trip.. Service was Awesome, accomodations amazing, SPA out of this world..
Really enjoyed just a laid back time. everyone should jump off the bridge into the carribean sea at least once!
Already planning trip back for next year.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
New Orleans, Louisiana, United States
Reviewed 18 March 2014

First time in Jamaica and the Rock House was the right choice. Love the pace, friendly laid back caring and attentive staff.Views from the cliffs are magnificent particularly sunset. Very helpful in arranging trip and off site activities.
Two nice restaurants and great rum punch.
Yoga in the mornings was a perfect way to start the day in these serene surroundings.
Spa treatments, massage and pedi, were wonderful.
Highly recommend this area of Jamaica in the cliffs and especially the Rock House.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jan R
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 10 March 2014

Want a gorgeous room,great view, fabulous staff, and amazing spa? Stay here. It's our fifth trip and we wouldn't be anyplace else. The Rock House never disappoints. The location is spectacular and the food is really the best ( though not the cheapest) in Negril. The staff is very helpful with information, excursions, and activities.

Room Tip: The premium villas are worth it, and 1-8 offer the most privacy.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank JRR055
Reviewed 9 March 2014

My girlfriend and I went to Rock House for our first Jamaican vacation. A week long stay with beautiful cliffside accommodation. Better than that was the staff. Really knowledgable and extremely welcoming. On friday night we spent happy hour at the pool celebrating one of the staffs birthdays with her. The bartenders really made us feel at home and celebrated along side with us. Even with all of the amazing experiences we had in Jamaica we can say that this really made the trip special. We are staying in touch with some of the staff after we leave and definitely are comin back!!

• Stayed March 2014
5 Thank Zach C
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
#5 of 85 in Negril
Catcha Falling Star
Catcha Falling Star
#6 of 85 in Negril

Been to Rockhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!