“Awesome experience!”

Ranked #3 of 85 Hotels in Negril
Hartford, Connecticut
“Awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We LOVED the Rock House Hotel! Every sunset was prettier than the next! Two of our good friends got married here, and they did an amazing job helping with the wedding planning as well. The food is fresh and super yum! Everything about this place was top notch, fun and exciting! Who doesn't like waking up in the morning, walking out your front door and jumping off a cliff into the caribbean? We loved the outdoor showers and the beautiful little villas were SO homey! The staff was so welcoming and inviting, it's worth going back just for them!

Room Tip: Go with a villa/bungalow!!!!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (261)
NY
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2014

This place was great. waking up every morning with the blue sea right outside your balcony and climbing down one of the ladders and swimming in the sea was such a great experience. Its a great location -- close to Rick's cafe. The restaurant was great too and so was the infinity pool. Was one of the best places i stayed in in Jamaica.

Room Tip: take the room on the cliffs or its not worth it.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Falmouth, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 May 2014

We looked at all the places to stay in Negril and picked the Rockhouse because it is eco-sensitive, hires many local people, and has a non-profit to give back to the community. It also is truly a great place to stay. The rooms were nice, the location nicer. I went swimming in the ocean every day. Both restaurants had fabulous local cousine, which we had every day. The bar was wonderful, as were the great bar tenders. The staff was wonderful in so many ways. We went on a hotel tour and met some very nice people in the country. Would definitely recommend this place for the food, location, comfort, and value. My only complaint is that the walls in our room were thin and we could hear too much of our neighbors at night.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank AndrewFMZ
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Half of our wedding guests stayed at Rockhouse during the wedding weekend and it was heaven. The views are jaw-dropping, the food is amazing, the rooms are 5 star rustic chic. A vacation should shake you up and take you out of your "normal". Rockhouse definitely does this. the cliffs are breathtaking and the vibe is so sexy here. It is also surprisingly affordable.

The staff is top notch. When we came back to our gorgeous villa after our wedding, we hadn't really gotten a chance to eat so the Rockhouse kitchen staff opened up the kitchen for us and made us a customized beautiful meal. They go out of their way to make your every desire a reality. I have stayed in some other places in Jamaica (Mexico, Florida, Puerto Rico, etc), but there is only one Rockhouse.

Room Tip: Room 28 has a great view for the price. Room 10 is the best premium villa.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Arlington, Virginia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

My new husband and I recently returned home from our week-long trip in Jamaica that culminated with our 60 person wedding at the Rockhouse Hotel. Even though I am a very relaxed person naturally, I was prepared to have a little bit of stress during this process. Thankfully, there was absolutely NO need!

First, Inise, the wedding coordinator aka Guardian Angel, was the the most patient, considerate, and accommodating person I have ever worked with. From the beginning, she answered all of my questions and went out of her way to help with even the most unique requests (my husband asked to arrange for an Olympic runner to take a morning jog with the wedding party - Inise didn't even bat an eye).She was knowledgeable, calm, and made this process a breeze! She even coordinated transportation to and from the MBJ airport with Kenny's Shuttle Service for all 58 of our guests from around the world with ease :).

While our ceremony was on Saturday, we decided to come down the Monday before so that we could arrange the activities for guests and make any last minute adjustments before everyone arrived on Thursday. From day one, the staff were the NICEST people I have ever met! They greeted us like we were family, offered to help with anything we needed, and made us laugh until our sides hurt.

During the 3 days before our friends and family arrived, we felt like we were already on a honeymoon! We repeatedly jumped off the 20ft bridge next to our honeymoon suite, snorkeled into the nearby cave, enjoyed relaxing morning yoga at 8 am, and enjoyed some of the tastiest cuisine at Push Cart and Rockhouse Restaurant. The coconut shrimp and Sting Ray cocktail were daily food staples.

Then when the time came to get down to business on Wednesday, Lici, the guest relations manager, found me swimming in the sea. She kindly introduced herself and offered to introduce me to the spa coordinator. Throughout the entire trip, Lici was incredibly attentive, funny, and engaging. I felt so at ease knowing that I could talk to her about anything that was worrying me.

We wanted to have a very active and memorable time for our guests, so we arranged for a chartered boat trip on Friday that also took us to a snorkeling reef. Inise connected us with Sharyn Blake at the Glass Slipper, who met with us to go over everything we were looking for. She assured us we would have a large catamaran equipped with snorkel gear, rum punch, and life vests. WHAT A FUN TIME! The music was great, the vibe was fun, and the rum punch was flowing. After the snorkel time, the catamaran took us to Rick's Cafe where adventurous travelers jumped off the famous 50 ft cliff. We then went back to our hotel and didn't have a care in the world :).

I must also note that for guests who didn't want to go on the snorkel trip, the spa worked with us to provide a few gift certificates. Without any issue, they had the certificates printed quickly and delivered to us, and our guests had no problems scheduling treatments. The charges were simply applied to our room and our guests were so appreciative of the relaxing time.

On the Big Day, my mom and I had a coffee scrub treatment and it was AMAZING!!! The technicians were skilled, professional, friendly, and made us feel so relaxed. Our skin was supple, soft, and glowing. The rest of the day, everything went off without a hitch! The weather, which had been iffy every other day we were there, held up for our wedding and even gave us a little rainbow. We loved the officiant for the ceremony, Oliver Ramsey, as he was charming and said very heartfelt words for us to repeat to each other.

The set-up was beautiful, the DJ was excellent, the food was exquisite (especially the coconut chicken!), and everyone had an absolutely fabulous time, even those who 'never dance'!!! I just don't think we could have asked for a more perfect experience, and it's all because the Rockhouse Family went ABOVE AND BEYOND to provide an amazing time!!

We are so thankful to everyone there for their care and consideration, including but certainly not limited to:
-T.I. and R.J. at the Pool Bar for getting the party started!
-Sheila at the Spa
-Ballay for entertaining our guests
-Kadine, Grace and all of the ladies at the front desk for helping with welcome bags, check-in, and answering questions no matter how busy they were
-Inise for maintaining my sanity and delivering the wedding of my dreams
-Lici for always being available and friendly, and keeping me company before I walked down the isle

All of our guest couldn't stop raving about the facility, staff, service, and view, so we are sure we'll all be back <3.

Room Tip: If you are getting married, make sure you are in the honeymoon suite! The price of what you pay to...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
5 Thank Ashley B
Vancouver, BC Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

When my fiancé and I got engaged, we knew we wanted to get married in Jamaica. We spent a lot of time researching hotels and weddings when he found the Rockhouse. I was not 100% sold as I’m a beach girl. How could I stay at hotel that does not have a beach? Not all inclusive? But as we spent more time looking into the Rockhouse each and every wedding we came across was breathtaking. We were sold. We booked it a year in advance and started planning. Some of our guests weren’t thrilled that we had chosen a non-all inclusive hotel but we knew the Rockhouse could deliver the wedding of our dreams. We started the wedding planning with the coordinator Inise. Who I have to say is so organized and professional. I must have emailed her 100 times with silly questions and she was so patient. Dealing with her calmed any doubts.

I was anxious when we got to the hotel if it would live up to my expectations. Upon arrival I was actually blown away by the beauty of this resort. It is a million times better in person.

The service was bar none. Every staff member was so friendly and personable. The staff: Inise, Charlotte, Hot dog, Chevron and Bally. I would have NEVER jumped off the bridge if it wasn’t for Bally getting into the water first holding a life jacket for me! Thank you so much!!
The rooms were amazing. We got Villa 10. I loved the outdoor shower! And the separate bathroom. The room was spacious and central. We had the best view. I could just lie in that bed forever staring at the ocean.

Food - perfection. Loved the fitness omelets and the fresh juices in the am. We ate by the pool in the afternoons and at the pushcart at night. The platter at the pushcart with oxtail, curry chicken, goat is delicious and a huge portion - highly recommended. We ordered room service while I was getting ready and had to order more of the coconut shrimp, we devoured them!
Pool – perfect temperature, perfect setting. Nothing left to say.

Cliffs - I am really surprised how many of our wedding guests loved jumping off the cliffs. We had so many guests jump off cliffs for the first time. We spent a lot of time in the pool, in the ocean, snorkeling & swimming. A lot of great laughs and memories were made. No one ever mentioned the beach or even missed the beach!

Spa- Got the hot stone pedicure day of the wedding with my sister. I loved it; they did a thorough job and helped me unwind on the big day.

Wedding - After a year of planning the day started off sunny but by late morning the rain came pouring. And I mean pouring down. We had chosen the Rockhouse because its cliffside ceremony venue so I was really disappointed that I would not have that for my wedding as planned. We waited till the afternoon to see if the rain would stop. Which at one point it did. And then it started again. The staff worked hard and effortlessly to move chairs from outside to inside to outside. The wanted to make sure I got the wedding of my dreams and went above and beyond to make it work. The rain stopped by late evening and I was able to have my ceremony and reception on the deck of the Rockhouse restaurant. Although that’s not what I envisoned it turned out great. It looked absolutely stunning. The ceremony took place right at sunset. I can’t wait to see the pictures! The officiant Oliver was a delight to work with. And Paul the DJ was phenomenal. Everyone kept saying how great the music was. He kept everyone dancing all night. We did the buffet as there were 50+ people. Food was great. The cake was tasty. The Rockhouse delivered a flawless wedding. We are 100% happy with our decision and recommend it to any couples out there debating on the Rockhouse.

With 50 guests staying at this resort for our wedding, we did not hear a single complaint from anyone. Everyone just fell in love with the place. And we had some hard to please guests!

After leaving the Rockhouse all of our guests moved to a large all inclusive hotel for the remainder of our holiday. Immediately we felt crowded, the place was loud and hectic. Everyone looked at each other and said we miss the Rockhouse! We witnessed a few weddings there and we had some of our friends and family say we understand now why you choose the Rockhouse for your wedding. The Rockhouse sets the bar high for weddings. The level of service, professionalism, and personal attention you can’t get anywhere else.

I’ve read a lot of reviews and yes the catamarans go by with loud music, and there are lots of bugs and service could be slow at times. Relax you’re in Jamaica. We experienced all of the above at both hotels. Nothing you can do about it.

I love to travel and never like going to the same place twice. There are just too many places to see in the world. However, I WILL come back to the Rockhouse. Next time, it’ll be just me and my hubby.

Thank you for everything, Rockhouse!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Firsttimeinhawaii
West Palm Beach, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 May 2014

Went to Rockhouse Resort this last week on a Travel Agent Familiarization trip/tour. This resort is just fabulous for those wanting privacy and isolation. The grounds are old, mature and simple gorgeous. The have two restaurant on property and their service though out the property is exceptional. They make great innovative healthy drinks for their guests. If you have guests or yourself that is looking for privacy and more privacy this is the place to be for that in Lovely Negril. The rocks and cliff and scenery are simply amazing. Check out Rockhouse, or get yourself a fabulous Travel Agent to advise you. Enjoy.

Room Tip: There are unbelieveable private cottages on the edge of the water.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Negril
The SPA Retreat Boutique Hotel
#5 of 85 in Negril
Catcha Falling Star
Catcha Falling Star
#7 of 85 in Negril

Been to Rockhouse Hotel? Share your experiences!