Rockhouse Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$194
US$670
US$313
US$218
US$193
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$73
US$162
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$126
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$171
Xtabi Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
US$880
US$469
Bookit.com
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
1,148 results
All reviewspremium villaoutdoor showerkenny tourspush cartrock housestudio roompool barpushcart restaurantthe cliffgarden villaregular villawater accessfamous vincentcoconut chickenmosquito netmain restaurantsnorkel gear
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 8 July 2010

My wife and I love Jamaica and love to experience different hotels and restaurants. We also love the beach so we decided to spend a few nights at the Rockhouse and then transfer to a beachfront resort so we could have the best of both worlds. The Rockhouse was everything that was advertised. The staff was friendly and helpful, the setting beautiful and the restaurant was great. We did not stay in one of the villas, instead opting for one of the less expensive rooms but we were very pleased with the accomodations. Swimming off the cliffs was a great experience and they had snorkel gear available. There were really no negatives with regards to the property - everything was first class. The only thing that people need to realize is that it is somewhat isolated from other restaurants and attractions so you do have to take a taxi if you want to go anywhere else. Also, there is no in-room coffee pot, television, radio or clock so prepare accordingly. Overall we had a great experience and would definitely recommend this hotel for folks who want a different kind of Jamaican experience.

Reviewed 6 July 2010

Just returned with young teenagers after 7 days. I wont go on and on but this is the first island trip where I didn't feel cheated. Location, staff and food all were great. Great Fun!!!

Jamaica as a whole was friendly & efficient...

Just book!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 6 July 2010

Plan to have Kenny Tours pick you up at the airport for us $80 each way through the hotel. They will make any stops you would like and make the hour drive more pleasant. We checked out the grounds when we arrived late afternoon and got a drink by the pool (5-6pm 2 for 1), slightly overcast but did not take away from the lush grounds and beautiful cliffs. Definitely check out Sips and Bites next door for breakfast (around us $10 per person) just to experience dining off the resort. Push Cart provided a nice option with live music. The restaurant is as beautiful as you expect. Rockhouse was quieter than I expected. Not a bad thing, if you are there with a significant other to relax. Cliff jumping and snorkeling were the highlite of my trip. us $5 rental for gear. I would have to agree with other reviews to wait until you can get a villa for your stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 July 2010

We arrived at RockHouse and the gates opened to heaven. We were immediately welcomed with warm smiles from the girls at the Front Desk and a nice Rum Punch. Immediately I was impressed by the wall of magazine covers/articles which Rockhouse had been featured. "This is going to be amazing!"
It was.
The room. The pool. The cliffs. The huts. The snorkeling. The food. The service. All superb.
A few must do's:
1) 5-6pm Happy Hour (2 for 1 cocktails at the pool bar)
2) Watch sunset underneath the thatched hut (where they do massages) and then jump off (about 30ft.) to the gorgeous ocean below.
3) Eat at Push Cart. Have the "Yeh Mon" Jerk Platter and the Calamari for an appetizer. The best calamari that I've ever had.

Reviewed 5 July 2010

My husband and I were only there for 2 days and if I could go back in time, I'd have spent our entire trip here. The Rockhouse is heaven on earth. After being there for 30 minutes, we agreed that this was a place that we'd return to time and again.

If you're someone who prefers a boutique, earthy hotel over a large resort, this is the place for you. The studio rooms are fabulous and a reasonable, fair price. The views are breathtaking. Most of the staff are very pleasant. It's a lovely place to unwind, relax, and chill. My only criticism is that everything shuts down at 10:30pm, so if you want to venture out for a drink, you have to catch a cab. I didn't ever feel threatened outside of the property, but I wouldn't feel safe walking to bar at night. Safety aside, let me say that attitude IS everything is Jamaica; if you show respect, most Jamaicans will respect you back.