Xtabi Resort
US$99
  • Pool
US$212
US$193
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$71
US$64
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
  • Breakfast included
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$148
Travelocity
US$484
US$469
Bookit.com
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$78
Cancelon
All reviewsthe cliffwest endoutdoor showerconch burgerjamaican breakfastwaves crashingcoffee potseaside cottageceiling fanlaid backgarden roomevery morningocean siderick's caferock housealways felt safeclear water
Reviewed 18 January 2012

I've stayed at Xtabi many times since 2007 & just booked another trip yesterday. The first 4 or 5 visits I stayed on the garden side with my boyfriend & enjoyed it every time. Great value for couples or anyone really. The room had TV & AC. It was $55/night when we stayed..not sure now.
On the most recent trip, I took a friend for her first JA experience & we decided on the cliff side.
Didn't know Xtabi could be much better, however,,,it was! Words can't explain how nice it is to have your own private sea access plus a huge patio/deck right outside your door. As always, the staff was wonderful & even while it was my first trip without a guy, we were (& felt) completely safe. The rooms are always very clean, the food is always very good, the vibes are always very chill. The caves are great. The snokeling (or floating on your raft) is always great. The sunsets are always amazing.
3 Dives (jerk chicken) next door is some greatness.
Just Natural for B'fast (or probably anytime) is greatness. Buy her hot sauce to take home.
If you enjoy the all inclusiveness, this is not the spot for you. Sorry...wait, no I'm not:)
I have a wonderful friend who makes his living as a tour guide/taxi/security on island & he has always taken great care of me/us on all visits to Jamaica.
In 2009 we took a 360 degree trip & stayed in Boston Bay (Great Huts is Great), Kingston, MoBay & back to Negril. If you want to really experience Jamaica, it's a must to find someone who knows & someone you trust. I can put you in touch with him if you'd like to email me.
One Love & wherever you stay, enjoy your trip!!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank mwjacks22
Reviewed 16 January 2012

We spent some time at xtabi this year like we do whenever we go to Jamaica. This is a small property nestled on the clifts.....not much has changed sine it was built in the 1970's. It's a boutique style resort, long on atmosphere. If you live for the all-inclusive this not the place for you. The accomidations are simple, views and swimming are spectacular. The bar and resteraunt take full advantage of the view. Rooms 1 & 4 have the best views on he cliff. Resteraunt serves good food and the staff are always friendly and helpful. There is alot of footage on YouTube that acurrately show the properties. It's got the feel of the rustic hunting lodge located in paradise. For our tastes a great place to spend a long weekend, then go down to the beach for more action.

Room Tip: Rooms 1 & 4 are on the cliff with private ocean access, our favorite on the garden side is #21. Little cabin, no a/c, kitchenette, outside shower-basic, cheap and fun.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank johnw2390
Reviewed 21 December 2011

I love my trips to Jamaica and Negril. I knew on my first trip to Negril after visiting the bar and restaurant at Xtabi that I would one day stay there. It is such a beautiful and central location on the cliffs. Really close walk (Be very careful walking the west end road!!!) to so many excellent likkle bars, restaurants and other hotels. We got an excellent deal for garden side room with A/C and TV via negrilonestop. We had an upstairs room with a huge vaulted ceiling and a balcony with a nice view and used that a lot. The bathroom could use a little update but it was clean and served our needs with no issues. The Bed was a little hard but I slept well. The CAVES under the bar are literally one of the coolest places on this earth. The cliff jumping, swimming and snorkeling are great in their protected likkle cove. The restaurant food is great and very reasonably priced. Next door is a restaurant called Jus Natural run by one of the most gracious hosts in the world named Mother Theresa and she makes you feel right at home. They have a small menu but everything is homemade, wholesome, healthy and well priced. LOVE IT! The staff at Xtabi were all wonderful and welcoming. Maybe the office staff could use some happy pills but everyone else was welcoming and friendly. I prolly would not recommend this place for someone who more used to newer or All Inclusive resort experiences. I would describe Xtabi as a likkle bit rustic or shabby chic. You can book this place for weekly specials that are really cheap so do your homework. I cannot wait to return!

Room Tip: Room # 16 is not so good. Upstairs garden side are great. Bring Mask and Snorkel.
  • Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DUBBLE_J
Reviewed 30 November 2011

Xtabi is an awesome get away. We travel there every year and have always enjoyed the exceptional view, friendly staff and great prices. If you want to enjoy the Jamaican experience with all the charm of the real people and the community Xtabi is the place to go. Cottage one is outr home away from home

Room Tip: The cottages are right on the seafront. There are also rooms on the garden side for very reasonable prices. There is a two bedroom apartment that we have also enjoyed
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Ritaaburg
Reviewed 27 November 2011

We spent 2 nights at Xtabi in August of 2011. We had been to Negril twice before both times staying on the 7 mile beach. This past trip we wanted to experience the cliffs a little more. We booked our two nights in a superior room on the garden side with AC and TV along with an ocean view. Good ocean view even though it was on the garden side (which is on the other side on the road.) You do have to pay attention to which room you book, i.e. Sea-front, Sea-side, standard superior and standard plus rooms are on the garden side. We were in a standard superior room 19.
For the price we couldn't complain at all. High ceilings, with fan, verandah to watch the ocean and sunset. Clean, comfortable, AC worked great, also good water pressure in the shower.
Staff very good, friendly and accommodating.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple