Xtabi Resort
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$670
US$313
US$194
Travelocity
US$108
US$79
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$102
US$73
US$172
US$150
  • Breakfast included
Country Country Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$174
US$126
  • Breakfast included
Firefly Beach Cottages(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$171
US$218
US$193
US$880
US$469
Bookit.com
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cliffwest endoutdoor showerconch burgerjamaican breakfastwaves crashingcoffee potseaside cottageceiling fanlaid backgarden roomevery morningocean siderick's caferock housealways felt safeclear water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 May 2008

Just got back yesterday from a wonderful one-week vacation in Negril (first time in Jamaica). We split our days between White Sands (see other review) and Xtabi. We stayed in Room 7, a simple but quaint room on the bottom floor of one of the octagonal cottages in the back of the property, cliff side. At first we were a little concerned that there was no A/C, and although A/C is always nice, we definitely didn't need it, especially during night time. The fan is really powerful and the temperatures not too stifling. The outdoor shower was fun. The grounds are nice and kept clean. The restaurant was nice too, but I found the prices a little high (I generally found this to be the case in all of Negril!). Here's what I liked about the property: I felt like I was at a hotel and felt taken care of, everyone was friendly and helpful, everything was clean, the views, cliffs, sea, and caves are amazingly beautiful, no hagglers like on the beach, and it was nice to have a restaurant, even though we didn't eat there much due to the high prices (I recommend it for lunch, though). Now here's what I didn't like so much: the limited/high price menu of the restaurant, and one of the bartenders/waiters offered to sell us drugs (weed), which put me off a little. The rest is to be expected from what is, after all, a budget hotel: the bed wasn't the most comfortable, towels were thin, grounds could be prettier. I would definitely recommend staying here if you have decided to stay on the cliffs. I really enjoyed eating at Just Natural across the street (wonderful ITAL food and drinks) and laying out and swimming in the ocean. Xtabi is also great for snorkeling and the vibe is much more "chill" than on the beach. This is definitely a great bang for your buck!

• Stayed: May 2008, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Naiden
Reviewed 10 May 2008

We just returned from a 14 day stay at Xtabi and had wonderful time. Great place, with extremely friendly staff, few names I should mention: Alan the manager who entertained me often with stories from his travels, Kingsley, Champion, Omar and especially my new friend; Junior-Mac the driver. Thanks Mac for everything, we will be in touch!
If you are looking for Club Med experience go someplace else, but what Xtabi offers is the ambiance, laid back atmosphere, great food, excellent views, swimming, diving and snorkelling. The rooms are basic and some equipment is dated but the rates are very reasonable especially in the low season.
You will not be disappointed if you choose to stay there, and I highly recommend it.
Respect, Andre

Stayed: April 2008
Reviewed 18 April 2008

Getting there
My husband and I stayed at Xtabi in March and even though we've been lucky enough to visit Jamaica many times, this was one of our best trips ever..so good we even extended our stay by 2 days!
We flew into the negril airport (we usually take the higway and flying TimAir made the trip so much easier!!) and one of the taxi drivers was available- Tarzan is fabulous!!! He bills his service as full service...annd it was! He was patient while we stopped at the grocery store for goodies, while we stoped by the bar at Idle Awhile for Carlton's Rum Punch (no trips to Negril are complete without it and a quick shout out to the fabulous staff there- LOVE them too!), then up to Xtabi...

Our cottage was ready right away.. check in was so easy!!! We were in the cottage in just a few seconds....
The cottage was darling- new cushions since the last time we were there .. and oceanview can't be beaten..and the outdoors shower-WOW!!
Our Stay
The staff and management were great- they even helped us arrange for a massage with Sara (which was fabulous!)...
The XTABI cliff cottages really are the best escape ... no bar noise...just the wonderful crashing waves! We got up in the morning and stumbled out to our deck to watch for dolphins...got coffee from the restaurant.. and spent the rest of the day watching the ocean, snorkeling in the coves, and making those really tough decisions- where to eat, how long to nap, and whether it was really necessary to get out of our chairs ever again... and what to order from the bar!
Where to eat
Breakfast was wonderful- xtabi's lobster benedict would be worth CLIMBING up their cliffs to get to!!! We mostly ate at some of the wonderful places along the cliff road for lunches and dinners- the steamed lobster at 3 dives, and the curried conch there are to DIE for... other favorites were Miss Brown Sugar's (across from Home Sweet Home) lobster omlette and her banana pancakes-also don't miss her seafood platter!- Spice and Spice for curried loster and chicken- and for their brown stew chicken...and as strange as it may seem, Home Sweet ome has great lobster pizza for 500 J!...
Our stay there was so fabulous, in fact, that we called the airlines, our work places back in the states, and our friends to say we'd decided to stay a few days longer...just couldn't bear to leave!
Our sincere thanks to the management and staff- thanks to you all we came home totally decompressed... and counting the days till we see them all again in August! Soon come!

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled as a couple
4  Thank pamhDurhamNC
Reviewed 6 April 2008

This was our first trip to Negril and staying at xtabi was the highlight of our trip. My wife and I loved the hospitality, and found the staff very accomodating. The rates were very good, and the facilities were great. We really enjoyed the help that we got from Andrew. He was the lifeguard at the resort, and really made us feel comfortable. The food at the resort was good. Three dives jerk is right next door( Best on the island) so we ate there alot.
I would definately go back.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with friends
3  Thank travelcade
Reviewed 11 March 2008

We stayed two weeks at Xtabi and absolutely loved it. It was clean, has beautiful grounds, the staff is very friendly and helpful, and Xtabi is in a great location. We loved being on the cliffs and snorkelling every day.
We really relaxed and enjoyed every moment.
One of my loveliest memories of Jamaica will be breakfast (french toast and Blue Mountain coffee) every morning on their terrace on the cliffs. What could be nicer. We would stay there again if we ever return to Negril.

Stayed: February 2008