“Love Xtabi!!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #31 of 84 Hotels in Negril
Iowa City, Iowa
“Love Xtabi!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

Another excellent trip to Jamaica! The water by the cliffs of Xtabi is absolutely gorgeous. Swimming is always an excellent time and the swim out cave allows for a convenient break during swim time while not requiring you to get out of the water. We got engaged in the swim out cave on our trip this year! Such a special and gorgeous place!!

We've stayed in cabins 3 and 1. I'm looking forward to staying in 4 on our next trip. It's a bit more spacious and the view from upstairs is better than in cabin 1. Also, cabin 4 has a great outdoor shower. Cabin 1 has a small area to rinse off outside but it's not a real shower. You really can't go wrong with any cliff side room (we haven't stayed garden side but I hear they're great as well). Out of cabins 1-4, 2 would be my last pick since it's a bit tucked away, therefore not having as great of a view as 1, 3 and 4. The ceiling fan in cabin 1 kept coming loose during our stay on this trip and we had to report the issue twice. Hopefully that has been permanently fixed.

The only negatives I can think of for this location: We've never had much luck snorkeling and the food I'd say is just fine.That being said, the staff is friendly and always helpful, the water is GORGEOUS, and we'll keep booking Xtabi every trip in spite of the just alright food. Omar is always a pleasure to chat with. 3 Dives, Sips n' Bites (Pineapple Chicken), & Presley's (reservation required) are all close places to eat and are AMAZING! Jumping from the cliffs into the water at Xtabi is really fun. I was a bit hesitant my first trip but found the height is perfect here - not too high to be super scary but enough of a plunge to really enjoy the fall!

Xtabi's rates are reasonable and we hope they stay that way! Overall, this is a wonderful resort. A bit rustic and definitely charming. I love Xtabi!

Room Tip: Sea side cottages are AWESOME. We're staying in #4 next time and I'm excited!!
3 Thank 7anne7
Xtabi, Guest Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this review, 27 August 2013
Thank you for your feedback and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Once again, we would like to congratulate you on your engagement and we are very honoured that you chose us for such an important milestone in your life. We would also like to thank you for the positive mention of our clifs & caves, and have to agree with you they are just maginficent!!
We take pride in providing the most affordable, warm and friendly atmosphere to our guests and we are happy that your were able to experience this through your interaction with Omar and the rest of our team.
We will continue to raise the bar of excellence, taking into account every details as you mentioned.
We look forward to your next visit and as always, thank you for valued feedback. Until next time one love!!
PS. Cottage 4 is ready and waiting...

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (117)
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was looking for a small/manageable resort atmosphere where I could decompress and relax for a few days; I was also travelling solo to Jamaica – a country I was visiting for the first time - so a convenient & comfortable location was critical in accomplishing my primary goal for R&R. Xtabi was PERFECT on all fronts! I arranged transportation from the airport, through the resort, with a wonderful professional driver who was punctual, kind, funny and informative. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by a lovely staff person who checked me in efficiently and escorted me to my room. From that point forward I was warmly welcomed and assisted by all from reception to ground-keepers, restaurant staff and hotel staff including the security person. Up until my very last evening/day, I met staff people who were just outstanding. I cannot say enough about how WONDERFUL the Xtabi staff people are – they create and shape the experience for the guest and I really enjoyed my stay because of each of them! I thank each of you for making my first trip to Jamaica a lovely & memorable one!

Room Tip: Room #22 was perfect for me as a single person - on the gardenside - quiet & comfortable. No ne...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Valerie L
Xtabi, Guest Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this review, 23 August 2013
Hello Valerie,

Thank you so much for such positive feedback about your stay with us at Xtabi
We are all so glad to hear you had such a wonderful time on your very first trip to Jamaica.
The staff told me to make sure I let you know they said hi
And we all hope to see you again in the near future it was truly a pleasure having you as our guest!!

Take Care for now until next time.
:-)
Albany, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed at the Xtabi from 8/10-8/16 on a birthday vacation by myself. The location of this resort is phenomenal and the view is absolutely breathtaking. Words cannot explain the welcome and comfort that Xtabi offers. The staff were so kind and willing to assist you in any way they can. There was one staff in particular, Omar, that made my stay even more pleasant than I could imagine. This resort definitely receives two thumbs up from me!

• Stayed August 2013
4 Thank Markeia2013
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed you stay with us on the cliffs
And thank you so much for your positive post about Xtabi and the Restaurant we always try our best to make sure everyone has a great vacation and leaves with a smile and suntan ;-)
We look forward to seeing you again next year and hopefully many more to come!!
Take care,
San Antonio, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We were in Negril for 6 days for their independence celebrations but was a little reluctant slightly further away from the strip than usual. However, this place was just what we needed as far as privacy and service. This is one of the few places you will find in Negril to be treated with the utmost respect and class. Everyone from the front desk check-in, the restaurant, bar, grounds keepers, security and owners were very personable and catering. They arranged safe cab service for all our outings which was great. We felt very safe safe staying in Cottage #1 on the cliff. It's been a while that we've been able to see appreciate the stars at night and hearing the waves of ocean round the clock. We spent every morning dining at the restaurant for breakfast. Their omelets were fresh, plentiful and delicious along with the French toast. We had the Lobster special & jerk chicken for dinner next door at 3 Dives which was also exceptional. We look forward to our next visit at Xtabi Resort.

• Stayed August 2013
2 Thank TCAMPBL
Xtabi, Guest Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this review, 16 August 2013
Hello,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us this past Dreams weekend and thank you very much for your positive feedback about our staff its always very motivating to know our guests really enjoyed there stay at Xtabi.

It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Next time I'll make sure we have the Dreams weekend party flyers ready for you!! ;-)
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 August 2013

Although it does not have a sandy beach this is good place to stay: clean rooms, nice staff, great restaurant (maybe a bit expensive but similar like other tourist places in Negril), nice but small swimming pool and beautfiull views from the rocks. The rocks provide good swimming spots and a small place for cliff jumping. We felt comfortable and safe her, car parking was good and sheltered and included in the priced. Other eateries are quite close.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Stefan B
Xtabi, Guest Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this review, 5 August 2013
Thank you for your post its always good to hear back from our guests and get there feedback
so we can continue to move forward and improve.
We look forward to seeing you again!!

Groetjes van Xtabi :-)
North Lewisburg, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2013

We stayed for two nights at the Xtabi in July. We stayed in cottage 2 on the cliffs. The cottage was very nice, no tv , no air conditioning . We didn't miss the AC at all, they have huge ceiling fans that keep you cool. We loved the outdoor shower. The resort is beautiful, stunning. We got the true island vibe. The food here is really good. The breakfast was probaly some of the best we have ever had. The bar area is beautiful, with a complete ocean view. the drinks here are very good, you get your money's worth. The staff here was so very nice. The day we left to come home, it seemed like they were as sad as we were. The caves underneath the cottages are really unique. The cliff area here for jumping was really great. You truly feel you are in paradise. Next yr we are probaly going to stay across the road in the regular rooms. By cutting the $$, we may be able to fit in another trip a yr. If you are looking for a four star resort , with all the bells and whistles this isn't for you.We loved the country setting. We loved feeling safe when we walked up and down the road to local places to eat and ave a drink.The cliffs are different from anyplace I have ever traveled to.

Room Tip: Whatever your budget allows, you won't be disappointed.
1 Thank honeybear63043
We are very happy to hear you enjoyed you stay with us on the cliffs
We look forward to seeing you again next year and hopefully many more to come!!
Take care,
Negril, Jamaica
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2013

7-11-2013, I and my g/friend were robbed while sleeping, The intruder entered out sea side cottage no1 and robbed us. The intruder walked around our bed!. This is an extremely dangerous person!. no items have been recovered and no arrest have been made.This extremely dangerous person is still in negril. beware befor deciding where to stay.Do not remove my post. There are no security cams on property!. Danger ,Again im not bashing the resort but warning everyone this person still walks the streets.And just think in close proximity of our bed! insane the nerve the intruder has.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank unhappyxtabi
Xtabi, General Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this review, 29 July 2013
Mr. Charles,
Did have an intrusion, and it is unfortunate, but it could have been avoided if he had closed and locked his door that evening. The police find it different that the intruder did not take his wallet or money, computer, or other valuables that were left on the table as the person left the cottage, they did take his phone, camera, power cord and his ham sandwich... we did find the power cord out side hanging on the bushes next to the wall.
We all wish this event did not happen, and we all should relies that when you are in a tourist area there are things we all must do to protect our selves from these kind of mishaps. locking your doors at night is one as well as knowing who your friends are.
Sorry Mr. Charles this is something we all wish did not happen. Of course we will try to avoid incidents like this from happing again.
Regretfully , The Manager