Xtabi Resort
US$313
US$228
US$108
US$79
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$69
US$67
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$899
US$193
US$854
US$484
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$76
TripAdvisor
All reviewsthe cliffwest endoutdoor showerconch burgerjamaican breakfastwaves crashingcoffee potseaside cottageceiling fanlaid backgarden roomevery morningocean siderick's caferock housealways felt safeclear water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have stayed here two years in a row and have our next trip booked for this March. I am beyond excited. My first year I stayed in cottage 3. Had a wonderful time. The outside shower with a view of the ocean was so relaxing. Went to sleep each night to the sound of the waves crashing against the cliffs just outside my door. Last March I brought my boyfriend along as we stayed in cottage 6. The view from our own private lanai was spectacular. This cottage feels nice and private with most of the other cottages on the other side of the restaurant. We had easy access to the cave with the tiny beach. It was right below us. The sunsets were to die for. I fell in love with Jamaica and my boyfriend in this cottage. I would stay in this one again for sure. I liked it better than 3. This March my boyfriend and I will be staying in cottage 1. I am pumped. Privacy is KEY for me/us. After checking out the location of each one this one seems the most private. It is the furthest out on the cliffs and seems to be out on its own. I can't wait to see the view of the sunset from this one. Next trip we will try to get cottage 4. I can't say enough about the staff. Always friendly and accommodating. Very conscious of your privacy giving you plenty of personal space but at the same time always there when you need them. I feel very safe here and do a lot of walking. We like to take a hike up the road to Rick's Cafe which is always fun. I still haven't talked myself into jumping off the big cliff at Rick's but jumping off the cliff at Xtabi was thrilling enough for me. This place is my home away from home. I plan to go back every year for many years to come. Thank you Xtabi for helping me to unwind complete for a few weeks each year.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Shelly H
Xtabi, Guest Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed you stay with us on the cliffs
And thank you so much for your positive post about Xtabi and the Restaurant we always try our best to make sure everyone has a great vacation and leaves with a smile and suntan ;-)
We look forward to seeing you again next year and hopefully many more to come!!
Take care,

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Another excellent trip to Jamaica! The water by the cliffs of Xtabi is absolutely gorgeous. Swimming is always an excellent time and the swim out cave allows for a convenient break during swim time while not requiring you to get out of the water. We got engaged in the swim out cave on our trip this year! Such a special and gorgeous place!!

We've stayed in cabins 3 and 1. I'm looking forward to staying in 4 on our next trip. It's a bit more spacious and the view from upstairs is better than in cabin 1. Also, cabin 4 has a great outdoor shower. Cabin 1 has a small area to rinse off outside but it's not a real shower. You really can't go wrong with any cliff side room (we haven't stayed garden side but I hear they're great as well). Out of cabins 1-4, 2 would be my last pick since it's a bit tucked away, therefore not having as great of a view as 1, 3 and 4. The ceiling fan in cabin 1 kept coming loose during our stay on this trip and we had to report the issue twice. Hopefully that has been permanently fixed.

The only negatives I can think of for this location: We've never had much luck snorkeling and the food I'd say is just fine.That being said, the staff is friendly and always helpful, the water is GORGEOUS, and we'll keep booking Xtabi every trip in spite of the just alright food. Omar is always a pleasure to chat with. 3 Dives, Sips n' Bites (Pineapple Chicken), & Presley's (reservation required) are all close places to eat and are AMAZING! Jumping from the cliffs into the water at Xtabi is really fun. I was a bit hesitant my first trip but found the height is perfect here - not too high to be super scary but enough of a plunge to really enjoy the fall!

Xtabi's rates are reasonable and we hope they stay that way! Overall, this is a wonderful resort. A bit rustic and definitely charming. I love Xtabi!

Room Tip: Sea side cottages are AWESOME. We're staying in #4 next time and I'm excited!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 7anne7
Xtabi, Guest Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Once again, we would like to congratulate you on your engagement and we are very honoured that you chose us for such an important milestone in your life. We would also like to thank you for the positive mention of our clifs & caves, and have to agree with you they are just maginficent!!
We take pride in providing the most affordable, warm and friendly atmosphere to our guests and we are happy that your were able to experience this through your interaction with Omar and the rest of our team.
We will continue to raise the bar of excellence, taking into account every details as you mentioned.
We look forward to your next visit and as always, thank you for valued feedback. Until next time one love!!
PS. Cottage 4 is ready and waiting...

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I was looking for a small/manageable resort atmosphere where I could decompress and relax for a few days; I was also travelling solo to Jamaica – a country I was visiting for the first time - so a convenient & comfortable location was critical in accomplishing my primary goal for R&R. Xtabi was PERFECT on all fronts! I arranged transportation from the airport, through the resort, with a wonderful professional driver who was punctual, kind, funny and informative. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by a lovely staff person who checked me in efficiently and escorted me to my room. From that point forward I was warmly welcomed and assisted by all from reception to ground-keepers, restaurant staff and hotel staff including the security person. Up until my very last evening/day, I met staff people who were just outstanding. I cannot say enough about how WONDERFUL the Xtabi staff people are – they create and shape the experience for the guest and I really enjoyed my stay because of each of them! I thank each of you for making my first trip to Jamaica a lovely & memorable one!

Room Tip: Room #22 was perfect for me as a single person - on the gardenside - quiet & comfortable. No need for AC as ceiling fan is more than adequate especialy during the late evenings/overnight.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Valerie L
Xtabi, Guest Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2013

Hello Valerie,

Thank you so much for such positive feedback about your stay with us at Xtabi
We are all so glad to hear you had such a wonderful time on your very first trip to Jamaica.
The staff told me to make sure I let you know they said hi
And we all hope to see you again in the near future it was truly a pleasure having you as our guest!!

Take Care for now until next time.
:-)

Reviewed 16 August 2013

I stayed at the Xtabi from 8/10-8/16 on a birthday vacation by myself. The location of this resort is phenomenal and the view is absolutely breathtaking. Words cannot explain the welcome and comfort that Xtabi offers. The staff were so kind and willing to assist you in any way they can. There was one staff in particular, Omar, that made my stay even more pleasant than I could imagine. This resort definitely receives two thumbs up from me!

• Stayed: August 2013
4  Thank Markeia2013

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed you stay with us on the cliffs
We look forward to seeing you again next year and hopefully many more to come!!
Take care,

Reviewed 7 August 2013 via mobile

We were in Negril for 6 days for their independence celebrations but was a little reluctant slightly further away from the strip than usual. However, this place was just what we needed as far as privacy and service. This is one of the few places you will find in Negril to be treated with the utmost respect and class. Everyone from the front desk check-in, the restaurant, bar, grounds keepers, security and owners were very personable and catering. They arranged safe cab service for all our outings which was great. We felt very safe safe staying in Cottage #1 on the cliff. It's been a while that we've been able to see appreciate the stars at night and hearing the waves of ocean round the clock. We spent every morning dining at the restaurant for breakfast. Their omelets were fresh, plentiful and delicious along with the French toast. We had the Lobster special & jerk chicken for dinner next door at 3 Dives which was also exceptional. We look forward to our next visit at Xtabi Resort.

• Stayed: August 2013
2  Thank TCAMPBL
Xtabi, Guest Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2013

Hello,

I'm glad you enjoyed your stay with us this past Dreams weekend and thank you very much for your positive feedback about our staff its always very motivating to know our guests really enjoyed there stay at Xtabi.

It was a pleasure meeting you and I look forward to seeing you again soon.
Next time I'll make sure we have the Dreams weekend party flyers ready for you!! ;-)