“Great day visit”
Review of Xtabi Resort

Xtabi Resort
Ranked #39 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 5 November 2013

While in Negril last week we decided to spend the afternoon at Xtabi for lunch and swimming. What a great place! The water is beautiful. Swimming here is the best along the cliff's. They have a little cove and places where you can jump from. The lunch was very good, and I had the best dirty banana drink there. Next trip we will definitely stay here. Excellent location too.

Room Tip: Get the Dirty Banana.
1  Thank harleymom
Xtabi, Public Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Thank you for choosing Xtabi to spend your afternoon. It is always our pleasure to welcome you to our beautiful property. We are thankful for your positive review. We are delighted that you had a wonderful afternoon and look forward in welcoming you here to stay.

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Stayed here on the recommendation of my sister, who stayed here about 3 years ago. We came after being in an all inclusive, and let's just say we won't be going back to the all inclusive next time we come.

We stayed in cottage number 3 - AMAZING. A panoramic view of the ocean from our bed. The room was clean and comfortable (no AC but the fan worked wonders) and the fact that we had our own little swim platform was just an added bonus.

The location is great (within walking distance to a lot of restaurants and bars). Don't be afraid to venture outside, just be careful and mindful of the very fast drivers on Lighthouse road. If you need to go into town or further up the road and don't feel like walking, Xtabi works with a few cab drivers who are always just a call away. We almost exclusively used Damion - he was awesome! Always willing to take us on little errands, or on bigger trips. We walked to 3 Dives on the regular, but also ventured down to Jenny and Jaco's and up to Sips and Bites which are both within a 5 minute walk. Rockhouse is also about a 5 minute walk as well, and right across the street from Rockhouse is a little strip of stores to get souvenirs

The restaurant and bar here are great. The servers and bartenders were always so friendly and we had a great time just sitting and chatting with them. Omar, George and Dwight - thanks!

Do yourself a favor and stay here - you won't regret it.

2  Thank Megan F

Thank you for your positive comments. It is always our delight to exceed our guests expectations. We are most happy that you had a wonderful time here at Xtabi and it surroundings. We look forward in welcoming you again here with friends in the near future.

Thanks again.

Reviewed 24 October 2013

I cannot say enough about how much we loved Xtabi. It was our first visit to Jamaica and we arrived late at night and got our keys to cottage 5. At first I was dissapointed about the view but silly me it was night time and the ocean matched the sky. When we woke up it was like Christmas morning, it was so exciting to see the gorgeous view! We loved having a private patio and only steps away to a private platform on the cliffs (technically I think it is shared with another cottage but we had it all to ourselves) We spent tons of time snorkeling, exploring caves and enjoying the lovely views, we took a ton of pictures.

The restaurant and bar were lovely as well. What better way to have breakfast (delish!) than with an incredible sea view to look at. We also had a moonlit dinner, and it was the most romantic meal I have ever had. We are both vegetarian and enjoyed the vegetarian platter and corn fritters, mmm. Breakfast was also divine with pancakes and fresh fruit. The drinks were yummy as well. I miss the rum smoothies!

The staff we all very friendly and also nice and laid back. We even chatted with the owner in the pool. We ended up stranded with a jetski that wasn't working and we had to ask the staff for help, they were super helpful even though we had already checked into our beach hotel.

We will be back for sure!

Room Tip: Spend the money for a cottage, even just for a couple of days. There is no AC in most but the fan co...
2  Thank Allibaba77
Xtabi, Guest Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in the seaside cottage
And thank you so much for your positive comments about Xtabi and our Restaurant as well

The Xtabi staff always try there very best to make sure everyone has a great vacation and leaves feeling relaxed with a smile and if possible great suntan ;-)
We look forward to seeing you again next year and hopefully many more to come!!
Take care,

Reviewed 18 September 2013

Just returned from another trip to beautiful Negril, Jamaica. I stayed at Xtabi again, always my first choice for friendly, clean, affordable rooms with great views, awesome outdoor showers and best of all, great people. Special thanks to Omar the night security man. Each morning I greeted the dawn on a platform down the steps and right on the sea. Omar always met me at dawn with a special greeting. I knew I was safe and well cared for!

Room Tip: Rooms 22 and 23 are super cheap, shaped in a semi-circle and in the center of the garden next to the...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Caddy W
Xtabi, Guest Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2013

Thank you for your positive feedback, regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear that your stay was a relaxing and enjoyable one, as our aim is always to provide our guests with a welcoming, warm, relaxed and hassle free environment. Thank you again!! For your wonderful compliments and we look forward to welcoming you again soon.

Reviewed 14 September 2013

Have visited Negril almost yearly since 2002 and Xtabi is one of the most beautiful spots for swimming and dining. This is NOT EVEN to mention the incredible cottages on the cliffs and the wonderful guest rooms across the road. I want to thank the owners for sharing this gem of a classic, quaint, and beautiful Jamaican resort at an affordable price. All of the people who work here are the friendliest and beat! Can't wait to go back!!!!!

Room Tip: I likecliffside cottages or superior garden rooms.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank ginny k

Thank you again!! For your wonderful compliments
we look forward to welcoming you again ;-)

Reviewed 1 September 2013

I have stayed here two years in a row and have our next trip booked for this March. I am beyond excited. My first year I stayed in cottage 3. Had a wonderful time. The outside shower with a view of the ocean was so relaxing. Went to sleep each night to the sound of the waves crashing against the cliffs just outside my door. Last March I brought my boyfriend along as we stayed in cottage 6. The view from our own private lanai was spectacular. This cottage feels nice and private with most of the other cottages on the other side of the restaurant. We had easy access to the cave with the tiny beach. It was right below us. The sunsets were to die for. I fell in love with Jamaica and my boyfriend in this cottage. I would stay in this one again for sure. I liked it better than 3. This March my boyfriend and I will be staying in cottage 1. I am pumped. Privacy is KEY for me/us. After checking out the location of each one this one seems the most private. It is the furthest out on the cliffs and seems to be out on its own. I can't wait to see the view of the sunset from this one. Next trip we will try to get cottage 4. I can't say enough about the staff. Always friendly and accommodating. Very conscious of your privacy giving you plenty of personal space but at the same time always there when you need them. I feel very safe here and do a lot of walking. We like to take a hike up the road to Rick's Cafe which is always fun. I still haven't talked myself into jumping off the big cliff at Rick's but jumping off the cliff at Xtabi was thrilling enough for me. This place is my home away from home. I plan to go back every year for many years to come. Thank you Xtabi for helping me to unwind complete for a few weeks each year.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Shelly H
Xtabi, Guest Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

We are very happy to hear you enjoyed you stay with us on the cliffs
And thank you so much for your positive post about Xtabi and the Restaurant we always try our best to make sure everyone has a great vacation and leaves with a smile and suntan ;-)
We look forward to seeing you again next year and hopefully many more to come!!
Take care,

Reviewed 21 August 2013

Another excellent trip to Jamaica! The water by the cliffs of Xtabi is absolutely gorgeous. Swimming is always an excellent time and the swim out cave allows for a convenient break during swim time while not requiring you to get out of the water. We got engaged in the swim out cave on our trip this year! Such a special and gorgeous place!!

We've stayed in cabins 3 and 1. I'm looking forward to staying in 4 on our next trip. It's a bit more spacious and the view from upstairs is better than in cabin 1. Also, cabin 4 has a great outdoor shower. Cabin 1 has a small area to rinse off outside but it's not a real shower. You really can't go wrong with any cliff side room (we haven't stayed garden side but I hear they're great as well). Out of cabins 1-4, 2 would be my last pick since it's a bit tucked away, therefore not having as great of a view as 1, 3 and 4. The ceiling fan in cabin 1 kept coming loose during our stay on this trip and we had to report the issue twice. Hopefully that has been permanently fixed.

The only negatives I can think of for this location: We've never had much luck snorkeling and the food I'd say is just fine.That being said, the staff is friendly and always helpful, the water is GORGEOUS, and we'll keep booking Xtabi every trip in spite of the just alright food. Omar is always a pleasure to chat with. 3 Dives, Sips n' Bites (Pineapple Chicken), & Presley's (reservation required) are all close places to eat and are AMAZING! Jumping from the cliffs into the water at Xtabi is really fun. I was a bit hesitant my first trip but found the height is perfect here - not too high to be super scary but enough of a plunge to really enjoy the fall!

Xtabi's rates are reasonable and we hope they stay that way! Overall, this is a wonderful resort. A bit rustic and definitely charming. I love Xtabi!

Room Tip: Sea side cottages are AWESOME. We're staying in #4 next time and I'm excited!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank 7anne7
Xtabi, Guest Relations Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2013

Thank you for your feedback and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us. Once again, we would like to congratulate you on your engagement and we are very honoured that you chose us for such an important milestone in your life. We would also like to thank you for the positive mention of our clifs & caves, and have to agree with you they are just maginficent!!
We take pride in providing the most affordable, warm and friendly atmosphere to our guests and we are happy that your were able to experience this through your interaction with Omar and the rest of our team.
We will continue to raise the bar of excellence, taking into account every details as you mentioned.
We look forward to your next visit and as always, thank you for valued feedback. Until next time one love!!
PS. Cottage 4 is ready and waiting...