Xtabi Resort
CocoLaPalm Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$164
US$99
  • Pool
Travellers Beach Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$74
US$193
Westender Inn(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$79
US$64
Negril Tree House Resort(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$182
US$150
  • Breakfast included
White Sands Negril(Negril)(Great Value!)
US$78
Cancelon
Hedonism II(Negril)
US$767
US$484
US$469
Bookit.com
All reviewsthe cliffwest endoutdoor showerconch burgerjamaican breakfastwaves crashingcoffee potseaside cottageceiling fanlaid backgarden roomevery morningocean siderick's caferock housealways felt safeclear water
Reviewed 22 April 2014

We arrived at Xtabi around 5pm on Wednesday and stayed until the following Thursday-- had sunshine every day and stars (even a lunar eclipse, every night!). Xtabi is on the West End of Negril and I without question will stay here above anyplace else in Negril ! We had cottage #5, which shares a wall with the restaurant bar area... and I loved it because you could hear their tunes drifting on the breeze in the afternoon. Plus they open at 8am and so I could just walk next door for the most amazing Jamaican Blue Mtn. coffees in the morning. Our cottage had a nice size fridge with an ice box-- so we went to a little grocer down the road and got beer, oj, rum, Ting!, and some fruit etc. for morning time. We ate out for every other meal because Jamaica has the best food in the WORLD. I have lived in Asia, and traveled to nearly every island in the Carribean, and nothing has come CLOSE to the food here. Including Xtabi's lovely restaurant. If you're lucky, Dave will be in town, and you can enjoy a nice chat about the island.. super gracious guy, who runs a lovely and peaceful place. They serve a nice Chardonnay at Xtabi and their breakfasts are delicious.. especially the lobster benedict. We rented a car because we are used to driving in Thailand which has the same set up, wheel on the right, driving on the left. We were able to get up to Blue Hole and Orange Hill and just called the shots on where and when we wanted to be somewhere... I recommend it. Restaurants: CANOE BAR: Go for happy hour, the rum punches are 2 for one. Samantha is a doll... the snapper bites rule. DE BAR: further up the road past Xtabi, go for dinner -- just an open yard, get the jerk chicken or snapper... no words can describe! Eddie is a great guy and I met his wife too-- ICE cold beer.. good people. ALFREDS: On the beach, great food and it is next door to a little beach shack with a sign that says JERK atop, it is owned by Alton, go say hello, tell him Chef David sent you... ;) Next door to Xtabi is Three Dives.. go early when you smell the fire starting or there will be a huge line, get the grilled lobster, you will thank me. CATCHA FALLING STAR: up the road from Xtabi, my lord it was good.. everything, jerk snapper to die for.. curry snapper, OMG. Sit at the tables in the bar thatch, it's chill. ROCK HOUSE was just 'meh'.. skip it. Get a beer at WHOOPEES, and lay in her hammocks. And please stop at Melodies, across the street from Xtabi, bright yellow shack, ice cold beer... ask her to play her CD, she has a beautiful voice, tell here Heidi says hi!

Go to Blue Hole, it's hard to find, but worth it. And I have a raincheck with Dave to go to Pelican Bar, it's a bit far-- but I will make it there next time.

Go to Roots on the beach for reggae by 9pm, very fun.. oh and have dinner and drinks up at LTW, I think it's called? On the cliff...Across from Ahhbees-- local spot, great martini ! Oh and go to Just Natural for Breakfast and say hello to Theresa and her sister who run it.. ask for a Passion Punch!

If I think of more I will add! All in all the most relaxing vacation I have ever had.. bluest water, chillest vibe... I loved it!

Room Tip: There is a little road noise and dogs barking, so we had earplugs from Walgreens and slept 8 hours a night no problem! Not a big deal --Bring some along.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank HeidiLeeChicago
David P, Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Hello my friends,
We are very grateful that you have taken the time to post such a nice review. We are very happy we were able to fulfill your holiday days with pleasure.
My staff and I hope that we may have you as guest again some day. thanks for making it XTABI

Reviewed 19 April 2014

Very nice little resort the first few days here. Clean rooms, staff is pleasant and helpful and the grounds are lovely. However, their policy on pot smoking (as most of the places in Jamaica) is that although it is illegal, they look the other way, ask you to be "discreet". Personally, I don't care if the other guests smoke it, but I really don't want it smoked next to me in their restaurant or at poolside. Don't count on nice sea breezes during breakfast at their restaurant, the only thing we were getting was clouds of smoke as the guests openly smoked pot at the tables, was really kind of nasty and distracting.
I also don't really want to see other female guests topless poolside either. Families with children vacation here also. What the other guests want to do in the privacy of their own rooms is up to them, but I think that should be reserved for the appropriate places....if they wanted to do the clothing optional thing, they should have gone to someplace like Hedonism. I was really disappointed that the staff at Xtabi didn't do anything about either. While I'm not a prude, this is supposed to be a family friendly resort and I just wasn't too impressed with what the staff allows/accepts as appropriate behavior for families. We stayed for over a week also, and this was not a one-time thing either...happened daily. So, if you're traveling with children and don't want them exposed to a lot of pot smoke and the occasional nudity, this is probably NOT the place for you. We just wanted a nice, quiet place to stay and wasn't really expecting what we got here. I doubt we'll be back.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank angelblueyes
David P, Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

I am sorry that you had to deal with some of the guest that like to be natural. it is rare event this happens. We do ask them to be discrete and reasonable. and as you see it dose not always work. Now the pot smoking is another thing., I have no smoking signs up to help us control this..
There not suppose to smoke any were in the covered areas. but some people always push there luck. I am always asking anyone not to smoke the pot near the restaurant area. But you know smokers do not always respect others rights to breath clean air. If I enter the restaurant or bar and I see any one smoking pot I will fine the bartender or waiter responsible for the area, they are directed to advise smokers to do it out side. IT IS AGAINST THE LAW......

Reviewed 14 April 2014

After vacationing in Jamaica several times, this was my first stay on the West End Cliffs. My garden room across the street was adorable with an outside shower. It was clean, had a little table on the patio, and plenty of chairs around the pool. The food was good, especially the breakfast. How can you not enjoy a wonderful cup of Jamaican coffee with a view that was incredible? While I did miss walking on the beach, there was just something awesome about the view. Traveling alone I always felt perfectly safe, and slept great every night. The snorkeling right in front of the hotel is really good and peaceful. Warm and clear water. There were a lot of couples and families, so I did feel a little alone. No TV in my room was great, so I could disconnect from the "real world" while in this little corner of Paradise. I especially want to thank Michael, as the grounds are simply beautiful. Omar, the bartender, simply rocks. I also want to thank Kevin, Dwight, Chelsea, and the sweet young lady at the check-in/out desk. All the staff were friendly and smiling, so the atmosphere around Xtabi was positive.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Sunny DD
David P, Manager at Xtabi Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Hello traveler, Thanks for your great review, it is a pleasure to share our piece of paradise with you. It is nice to hear that the resort was good for you holiday. The Staff and I are so happy that you have taken the time to post your experience here in Jamaica.
IREEE

Reviewed 13 April 2014 via mobile

We stayed 2 nites at Xtabi in a garden room across the street for $115 per night. Room was ok but locks on doors were sketchy and saw no security. Didn't sleep for two nights but maybe security is not needed as cliffs are more remote. Food was good and views unbelievable. The caves underneath were so cool! You can just picture it in the seventies. Would love to stay again at a water room.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank erine74

Greetings,
I have read your comments, and I appreciate you taking the time to post. I am sorry you did not sleep well, I would like to advise you that our security wears plan cloths, and moves around regularly, I personally watch the watchmen every night . I do agree that the cliffs are more private than the beach, but we do still keep our eyes open for any unordinary things,, some guest forget to use common sense when there on holiday, and we want to be sure they enjoy there time here.
So we all are busy watching out for our guest best interest.
Thanks for making it XTABI, we look forward to having you sleep better next time you come..

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

Xtabi is the epitome of paradise - simply stated. The rooms and cottages are unique and beautifully decorated. We had a sunk in shower/tub that felt like a little pool inside our cottage bathroom and some friends we met had an outdoor shower. Not all rooms have a/c - we didn't and i am happy (although with initial hesitance) because of the nice breezes, scents and sounds of birds singing & nature around us made the experience more unique. Playing in the turquoise ocean and caves and on the little cement islands that have attached ladders was surreal for us - yes, the pictures that they advertise are for real!!! The staff, food, and views at restaurant are top notch! Breakfast was excellent every morning and I highly recommend the eggs Benedict and the Jamaican Breakfast. There are lots of other choices nearby also - the jerk center next door was really good and authentic - just get there for dinner before Sunset because all the Ricks crowd bombards them after sunset. Do go to Ricks, at least once for sunset- it is very beautiful but it is a tourist trap. Jump at your own risk - I did it years ago and loved it but after u came home and read the horror stories, I just watch now. There is great world class snorkeling and smaller jumps to be had at Xtabi though. Back to food at xtabi: The chicken sandwich was also excellent at lunch and the soups at dinner were maybe even more exciting than the meals...we only dined there one night and they made me akee salt fish upon request although it is a breakfast food - i am hooked and They Were happy to accommodate. Xtabi bar is also beautiful and nice to hang around in but the drinks are a bit $$$. Down the street, to the east, there is a nice little shop to buy snacks and much cheaper beer and liquor to spike their juices with. It is very safe on the west end in comparison to other parts of Negril - Omar, the security guard was always around and made us feel especially welcomed, safe and comfortable. It is quieter too but we appreciate that aspect!

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank KenandKim2007

Hello Ken & Kim, Thanks for your great review, it is a pleasure to share our piece of paradise with you. It is nice to hear that you were happy with Xtabi for you holiday. The Staff and I are so happy that you have taken the time to post your experience here in Jamaica. We look forward to seeing you again
Thanks,