“The Best on The Cliffs - Hands Down”
Review of Xtabi Resort

Xtabi Resort
Ranked #34 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Xtabi is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean.

The sunsets there are spectacular, and make for a great early evening backdrops for cocktails and supper at their wonderful restaurant, staffed by friendly faces.

The caves and swimming/snorkeling at Xtabi is fun and interesting.

The garden rooms (where I stayed) are very comfortable, clean and quiet at night.
The rates are competitive and low - great value.

I would highly recommend anyone wishing to experience Jamaica at it's best to check out, and check into Xtabi.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Xtabi Resort

Reviewed 1 September 2010

I was a little leary after reading some of the reviews but once we arrived my fears disappeared! My sister preplanned my birthday dinner and everything was perfect. Sonya and staff were excellent from check-in to check out. Xtabi is REAL Jamaica. I must warn you the heat maybe too much for some because the cottage we had did not have AC. The view and access to the ocean made it OK for me but my friends did get a little over heated. If you need an little adventure go explore the Caves. The entrance is by the bar. Very cool. The resturant is very good, we had "Jamaican breafast" each morning with wonderful coffee. If you need to try somwhere else to eat go into town to Sweet Spice. George.Omar and Devon made our stay great. I will be back.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I have traveled to Jamaica many times. This was my first time staying on the West End by the cliffs. Xtabi has everything for the perfect "relaxing" vacation. Rooms are clean and comfortable, excellent staff in every department. The entire staff was very friendly and handled my few requests with a smile on their faces. It is a very quaint and beautiful setting with well maintained grounds. Security is effective, friendly, and helpful. The inclusive breakfast has plenty of variety and is well worth it. They serve breakfast until 1:00pm. Lunch and dinner are excellent. From breath taking views to great music at the bar, Xtabi is truly a place of warmth and comfort. Swimming, snorkeling, and cliff jumping are on site. The caves are nice and cool and offer a spot to relax and take in the sunset. Airport shuttle service and local transport were great. Thanks Kingsley and Bunny. Can not say enough wonderful things about Sonya and the office staff. Housekeeping folks are friendly and keep the rooms clean and stocked with plenty of towels. I highly recommend Xtabi. Three Dives is just across the street with excellent jerk chicken, fish, and lobster at very affordable prices. Teresa next door at Just Natural serves some good food also. also. Downtown Negril and beaches are easily and quickly accessible for about $5.00 USD round trip. I'll go back!!!! Thanks to everyone at Xtabi Resort!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
2  Thank electriclazyman
Reviewed 10 August 2010

I stayed at another beachside resort in Negril recently where I had my wedding. This particular resort also offered full reception packages, but I wanted to switch it up and give my guests a different experience, so after plenty of research and much email communication, I decided on Xtabi.

I first started out working with Martin, and we came up with a great plan for the reception. He priced table centerpieces, meals, DJ, photographer, etc. and everything sounded perfect. I kept him updated as our guest numbers were finalized, and he was always very responsive to my correspondences. After awhile, Martin left and Sonya picked up on helping with my plans.

I really didn't have to do much except tell them what I wanted, and I was a bit nervous about never having been to Xtabi and confirming the reception plans via email only. However, when we arrived at our reception last week, we were stunned at how beautifully everything was put together. The staff at Xtabi even added in extra touches that would normally have cost extra money--they truly impressed us!

We gave our guests two meal choices: curry conch or stew chicken. Our guests raved about how great their meals were and a few days later, wanted to go back to have dinner at Xtabi. My groom and I had the Lobster Thermidore and I have NEVER had such a great lobster dish in my life. The portion was so huge I could not even finish it, but what I could eat from it was absolutely delicious. We talked about that meal the whole rest of our trip, and like our guests, we wanted to go back to Xtabi for seconds!

After the meal, Sonya began by acting as the Mistress of Ceremony for the event, and announced the First Dance, Garter Toss and Bouquet Toss, which were all a lot of fun. After that, Sonya truly got the party started by having the DJ pump up the music and getting on the dance floor herself and starting off the dance party. Then, the rest of the staff (waiters/waitresses, etc.) joined in. Guests were dancing with staff and everyone had a great time learning how to do dances like "Nuh Linga".

There is so much I could say about how great our experience was at Xtabi. They created the most beautiful reception dinner for 30 people with a 3-course meal, DJ, photographer, open bar and table decorations for a very reasonable price. My guests loved the great food, the caves below the restaurant, the amazing sunset and the friendly, fun staff. The next time we are in Negril, we will definitely be back to see Sonya and her crew, because they know how to throw a party! If you are getting married in Negril, but staying beachside and want to give your guests a different ambiance and vibe for your reception dinner, I highly recommend Xtabi for your experience.

Thank you, Xtabi, for making our wedding reception so perfect!

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank LuxeTraveler_9
Reviewed 6 August 2010

I traveled with a group of 3 other females, ages 27-30. I absolutely enjoyed staying at this little hotel. We stayed in a room steps from the pool, making it very convenient and easy to jump in and stay cool. Their ocean front rooms and restaurant is located right across the road over looking the ocean. We spent most of the time exploring the caves, laying out on the restaurant deck and jumping off the cliffs into the clear blue waters below.
The rooms are not modern but have a comfortable feel. Room 22 & 23 had an attached shower that felt like you were showering outdoors in the gardern. It was great! The rooms had a fan and AC to help keep cool.
The ladies at the front desk were very helpful with any request we had. They were able to schedule a very economical snorkeling tour for us the night before.
Dave the owner was also extremely helpful. He gave us advice on where to eat, what to see and how much we should expect to pay for a taxi. He also made it a point to greet us anytime we ran into eachother.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 July 2010

this resort is the most natural beautiful place ever! The sceanery and vibe here carry u away with its breathtaking sunsets and liquid sunshine- yes i would say it is paradise. we found it to be very clean,friendly, and accommodating. AAAA++++

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 July 2010

My husband and I went here for our first anniversary. We thought it would be a nice quick getaway. let me tell you...spend the extra money and go somewhere else. it was an hour and a half drive to get to the hotel. It was a pretty drive, but I almost threw up in our taxi's car because the roads are in pretty bad shape. We finally got to the hotel and it seemed cute. It was primative but I was up for it. We went to the room to drop our stuff off and when I sat on the bed it was like sitting on the sidewalk! It was hard as could be! We were afraid to sit on the wicker furniture because we thought it would break. The shower was moldy and had rust in it. The tiles around the shower were broken and the grout was very gross. There was no liner, just a shower curtain. They do not provide soap or shampoo, but there is a store a short walk away. Get bug spray while you are there!!!! The floor in the room is tile, and continues to the patio with a large gap under the door, so there were bugs in the room constantly. We bought one of those bug coils and kept it burning outside our door at all times to try and keep them out. Also, several of the windows had screens and shutters, but no actual glass in them so not only can you hear everything outside, but everyone can hear you inside! The food was not very good and the service was even worse. Once we discovered Rockhouse down the road we kept going there for food. The views were pretty, but the stairs getting in the water were very slippery and it is hard to get in and out of the water with waves throwing you into large rocks. Also, you had to constantly swim because there is no way to touch the bottom. We ended up in the pool after our 1 excursion to the water. That was quite dissapointing. Once we got over the fact that it was what it was, we did have a good time, but I will never go back here. The island itself was pretty, but Negril was a long haul and we did not think it was worth it. BTW- if you go to Ricks, there exchange rate is way off, so pay in Jamaican money! It will save you money.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple