“Easy going”

Ranked #32 of 81 Hotels in Negril
Paris
“Easy going”
Reviewed 29 September 2010

Here is a nice please for relaxing in rocks and loving in front of the sunset.
Good value place to stay

• Stayed April 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank peterpanlk

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (119)
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 27 September 2010

I want to thank everybody for making my stay the best. Mr P you are a great host!!! the girls from the front desk always so helpful. To Omar the security: THANK YOUUU for everything :) and the boys at the restaurant, thanks for entertain us everytime during our meals and our awesome driver Kingsley: thank you for your kindness!...i would definitly be back soon!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Florida
Reviewed 25 September 2010

During the past 5 years, my husband and I have visited Negril (Cliffs only) 5 times. We have spent a total of 44 nights waterside at Xtabi, so we obviously love it and would never give Xtabi anything but 5 stars.

We don't even bring laptops or books...just a camera, camcorder, binoculars and some music. We just go with the flow...we may hang out at the restaurant/cliff jump area for hours after breakfast. When butterflies, boats, birds, bats, crabs, dolphins or sunsets are around - we watch, chat and enjoy. The photos show how beautiful the water and grounds are, the snorkeling is great and the caves are fun!

Typically, Xtabi's food is fantastic - from yummy Eggs Benedict options for breakfast to a scrumptious, enormous Lobster Thermidor (have to see photo) for dinner. The mainly longtime staff are special and like family! From Dave and Sonya in the office to George, Omar, Donovan (H.) and Donovan at the restaurant to Omar (Security), Barbara (Housekeeping), Devon, Everton and everyone else - thank you for always making our time with you so special!

As I've read on TA before, please understand that Xtabi isn't The Ritz-Carlton, nor is it a 7-Mile Beach all-inclusive behemoth. Rather, Xtabi maintains its own unique charm.

We love the laid-back vibe and each moment at Xtabi so much that I cry every time we arrive and when we have to leave. I can still hear my husband say as he put his arm around me, "We'll be back...".

So true, so true - but never soon enough! Until then, Much Thanks, Love and Respect to Everyone at Xtabi - Take Care!

Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank R_CFlorida
England
Reviewed 17 September 2010

We have been going for many years now, it is a wonderful place to stay if you want a peaceful holiday with no pressures & a friendly personal atmosphere.... We always stay on the cliff side, we have our favourite cottage..... All the cottages are so secluded & private if that is what you want....
Everything is always fresh & clean, nothing is too much for any of the staff if you have a question, a problem or need some help or advice...
The staff don't change here they have all been here a long time & I consider them ALL my friends now... Security is second to none.. I have stayed in other places, big & small & nobody's security matches Xtabi.. It is personal, the same people so you have continuity & of course they make sure they know who the guests are... Never any problem it is superb & you can rest easy........
The bar is fantastic.. You have Omar in the mornings & Donovan in the evenings..... The restaurant is superb & George will make sure it is what you want.... Always talk to George...!!!!! :):):)
Andrew is there for anything to do with the sea, no what experience you want, swimming snorkelling diving & night snorkelling.. A fantastic experience....!!! Even scooter or bike hire............
Talcia is on reception & is great & sooooooo helpful you won't have any problems.. I always email & never ever have had a problem.....!
A wonderful place to stay..

May favourite place to stay....!!!!! Yea.......!!!!!

So for me Xtabi every time....!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank rosieday
Cocoa Beach, Florida
Reviewed 4 September 2010

Xtabi is a perfect place to relax and enjoy the beauty of the Caribbean.

The sunsets there are spectacular, and make for a great early evening backdrops for cocktails and supper at their wonderful restaurant, staffed by friendly faces.

The caves and swimming/snorkeling at Xtabi is fun and interesting.

The garden rooms (where I stayed) are very comfortable, clean and quiet at night.
The rates are competitive and low - great value.

I would highly recommend anyone wishing to experience Jamaica at it's best to check out, and check into Xtabi.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled solo
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 1 September 2010

I was a little leary after reading some of the reviews but once we arrived my fears disappeared! My sister preplanned my birthday dinner and everything was perfect. Sonya and staff were excellent from check-in to check out. Xtabi is REAL Jamaica. I must warn you the heat maybe too much for some because the cottage we had did not have AC. The view and access to the ocean made it OK for me but my friends did get a little over heated. If you need an little adventure go explore the Caves. The entrance is by the bar. Very cool. The resturant is very good, we had "Jamaican breafast" each morning with wonderful coffee. If you need to try somwhere else to eat go into town to Sweet Spice. George.Omar and Devon made our stay great. I will be back.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with friends
Greenup, Kentucky
Reviewed 26 August 2010

I have traveled to Jamaica many times. This was my first time staying on the West End by the cliffs. Xtabi has everything for the perfect "relaxing" vacation. Rooms are clean and comfortable, excellent staff in every department. The entire staff was very friendly and handled my few requests with a smile on their faces. It is a very quaint and beautiful setting with well maintained grounds. Security is effective, friendly, and helpful. The inclusive breakfast has plenty of variety and is well worth it. They serve breakfast until 1:00pm. Lunch and dinner are excellent. From breath taking views to great music at the bar, Xtabi is truly a place of warmth and comfort. Swimming, snorkeling, and cliff jumping are on site. The caves are nice and cool and offer a spot to relax and take in the sunset. Airport shuttle service and local transport were great. Thanks Kingsley and Bunny. Can not say enough wonderful things about Sonya and the office staff. Housekeeping folks are friendly and keep the rooms clean and stocked with plenty of towels. I highly recommend Xtabi. Three Dives is just across the street with excellent jerk chicken, fish, and lobster at very affordable prices. Teresa next door at Just Natural serves some good food also. also. Downtown Negril and beaches are easily and quickly accessible for about $5.00 USD round trip. I'll go back!!!! Thanks to everyone at Xtabi Resort!!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed July 2010, travelled solo