“We will go back - Couples was AWESOME!!!”
Review of Couples Negril

Couples Negril
Ranked #8 of 80 Hotels in Negril
Reviewed 14 May 2012

We got married at Couples Negril 5/5/12 and everything was done with perfection! Kenisha the wedding planner and her wonderful staff made our wedding with 42 guests much better than expected :-)
The staff there is so friendly and just happy to help you in any way. The food was great, the free flowing booze was also a big plus. The servers bringing you cocktails on the beach was the icing on the cake. The rooms were nice - we had a great view of the ocean with a hammock. All of our friends loved it as well. The beach is great as the security does not allow any riffraff or annoying vendors, so you actually get to relax and feel safe about leaving your bag around.

The sunset catamaran booze cruise was super fun with a slide to go in the water - definately recommend signing up for that. Try all 4 restaurants - they were all really good and nice to have a variety while you are there. The dive masters were great and super fun - took us to a new dive spot every day.

We travel quite often, but Couples stands out as one of our best trips yet!
Keep it up and we hope to be back for one of our anniversaries in the next year or so.

Dave & Caroline

Room Tip: The beachfront suites were the best - 2nd floor or above for best view and privacy.
2  Thank Caroline F
There are newer reviews for Couples Negril

Reviewed 14 May 2012

We choose Couples Negril for our wedding and honeymoon and we couldn't have been more pleased! We loved it there and we can't wait to go back and celebrate our anniversaries!! I will try to say as much as I can in as few of words as possible, because I know reviews can get lengthy! But, I have so many great things to say about this resort, that it is hard not to ramble on!!

Food- I was nervous about the food because I am a picky eater and some of the reviews I read said the food was bad. But, that is NOT true!! Food is excellent!! There are so many choices that you will always find something that sounds good! I'm a big breakfaster eater and the breakfast buffet has everything you can image for breakfast! I tried something new everyday! Lunch is great because you can pick something up from The Grill or you can always do the buffet at Cassasa Terrance!! For dinner, we never ate at the restuarant you have to have resevations for, so I can't tell ya much about that one, but the other three restuarants are all amazing! The Cassava Terrance is where all the nighttime entertainment is put on and it is a fun atmosphere! But, Lynchee, the asian restuarant was our favorite!!

BEACH- Can't say enough great things about the beach! Loved, Loved, Loved it!! The staff do a wonderful job of keeping it clean and it is raked every morning!! The resort sits on a bay, so the ocean is always really calm. The resort puts rafts over the beach chairs and you can just lay out in the ocean on a raft for hours!! It is so relaxing! After going to a resort that provides rafts, I don't think I will ever be able to go to a resort that doesnt' have them! They were a huge plus! And you can always find a beach chair! The beach never feels crowded! The week we were there, the resort was sold out, but it never felt over crowded!

ROOMS- They are nice, clean and have everything you need! I had read some reviews that said they are dirty! NOPE! Not dirty at all. But, they are not luxerous, so if you want a luxerous room, I guess go to Sandals. The resort is so amazing and offers so much stuff that it out weights not having the most luxerous rooms! I was only in my room to shower and sleep. So, it all depends on what you want out of a vacation! I had no problem with the rooms! Nice view! Air conditioned well! Nice bathroom and nice shower! I wasn't disappointed!

OTHER- Somethings you might want to know!!
1) We only had to wait in the Couples Lounge at the airport for about 20 mins before we got on the bus and the Couples Lounge at the airport is very nice and they give free drinks!!
2) Make sure to check out the dinner menu's everyday! The menu at every restuarant changes everyday. They alwasy put the menu's out at The Grill for you to look at throughout the day!
3) Snorkling is AWESOME!! I did't really want to do it, but I'm so glad I did! Amazing experience and I wish I had done it more than once down there! It is one of the free watersports that the resort offers so take advantage of it!
4) Make sure to sign up for watersports a day in advance
5) We stayed in block 6 and I loved my block! It is close to everything! Blocks 1,2,6,7 are probably the closest to everthing!
6) Don't miss the bon-fire on the beach! Very romantic and such a fun atmosphere!!
7) Don't mis the steel drum performers! They are so much to watch!!
8) The buffet nights at the Cassava Terrance are really good!!
9) You can pay $15 and the resort will shuttle you to Rick's Cafe! Definitely worth going to! Go on a night that will have a good sunset! The Sunsets at Ricks Cafe are breathtaking!

WEDDING- I would absolutely, positively suggest this place to future brides trying to decided where they want to get married!! The grounds at this resort are beautiful and they make gorgeous wedding photos! The wedding planner Kenisha to AWESOME! Don't stress over anything! They got your back and will make you special day incrediable special!! They provided my music and a small wedding recepiton with cake and champayne! The wedding arch on the beach is soooo pretty! You won't regret choosing this place for your wedding, I promise!!

Other than that!! Just try to adopt the country's lifestyle of "No problem, mon" and enjoy your vacation! The staff here are sooooo great and sooo nice! They want you to have a wonderful vacation and it shows!! They will do anything they can for you!

Room Tip: WE were in block 6 and it is a great block to be in! Close to everything!! And make sure to put the...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
12  Thank Jenna J
Reviewed 13 May 2012

Stayed May 1 - 11, our second year in a row. Again, Couples has proven to be the perfect vacation! The staff (Amay at the au natural beach does a fantastic job and Donna, the restaurant manager, I am so happy to get to know you and we will be back next year), beach, food, and overall enviroment is beyond compare. I don't want to turn this into a lenghy review, but at the repeaters dinner, when we met people who have been there 12 times, obviously this resort has it. We were already booking for next year while still on vacation this year.

As many others have said, spending extra for oceanview is not necessary. We had gardenview, overlooking the spa and pond. Great spot, no road noises.

Room Tip: Do not miss the sunset catamaran cruise!
1  Thank Scarecrowjr
Reviewed 11 May 2012

Negril is like the commercials, movies, postcards, pictures, etc you see of Jamaica...beautiful blue water, friendly people, great food, and soft sand. Its perfect!!! We went for our honeymoon in May 2011 and had a wonderful time. The bus ride to the resort (prepare yourself, its long...) is a great way to start your relaxing trip...you can sit back in your seat and look at the Jamaican countryside until you arrive at Couples. Check in is a breeze and then you can go to your room, drop off your stuff, and explore all the resort has to offer! Great pools, beautiful beach, and friendly staff make this trip really memorable.

Food and drinks are also important and CN is not lacking for either....very attentive wait staff (just put your flag in the sand and they bring your drink to you!) and excellent bartenders make for really enjoyable days at the pool/beach.

If youre looking for a relaxing and picturesque vacation, this is the way to go! We are spoiled now and cant wait for our next trip back within the Couples family! In fact, while we were there, we met numerous people who have been coming to the various Couples resorts for years...so it really goes to show you they care about their guests and WANT people coming back!

Room Tip: Not really worth it to pay for a "ocean view", as most rooms have a beautiful view anyway!
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
6  Thank KO30
Reviewed 11 May 2012

My man & I just got married at Couples Negril and they did an awesome job! It is the 2nd marriage for both of us and we had a very simple but oh so special ceremony. I wore a long sundress and Dave wore a shirt & shorts and we both had barefeet. The wedding Co-ordinator was very accomadating and our photograher was excellent(I don't remember his name) and our cake was delicious!
The food was amazing period! Sure if you ate from the morning or afternoon buffet, sometimes it was not always as hot as if it were freshly made but you have the option of freshly made omelets,waffles and pancakes(whole wheat is availabe). At lunch they would fresh grill fish and other meats as well as toss you a fresh salad. They rotated and had caesar salad,greek salad, tossed salad and others. It was the best caesar salad I have ever had. Not to mention the tons of other choices of food that they had. I am vegetarian and I had no trouble at all.
Now lets talk about supper. The a la cartes were outstanding in both vegetarian and other foods(my husband is not vegetarian). I just cannot say enough about how much I enjoyed the food and not having to make a reservation for everynight that we went to an a la carte. There is only one place that you need a reservation for and we did that one night and it was excellent .
The beach is beautiful with absolutely no seaweed and we walked it every day. It was about a 40 minute walk one way. My only complaint was that on the 4th day it got really windy and they cancelled all the watercraft stuff for a couple of days in a row. We ended up missing out on the snorkeling, the glass bottom boat and using the various watercrafts. The beach got too wavy and in came the seaweed and starfish and sea urchins all washed up on shore. We made the best of it and it took all the humidity out of the air so it was not all bad. It rained once while we were eating dinner and once while we were getting ready to go out and it was quite a downpour
but it did not last long.
The staff were excellent! Our room was always spotless and we always got good service. The red flag on the beach was a nice touch and they were pretty prompt with the drinks.Not having to tip for everything was such a nice change.
The locals have everything that you can imagine for sale but a simple no thank-you and they were very good about it.
I could go on and on but I will sum this up by saying we left feeling we got our money's worth and more. It was a great experience and we will be going back to celebrate one of our anniversaries.
If you are into nit picking.......I guess you will always find something to complain about. But for us a great beach, great food, great people, great service and clean room...........what more could you ask for?

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
6  Thank Beachgirl068
Reviewed 8 May 2012

So, I posted a review on the Couples website but it didn't get approved. I guess it wasn't glowing enough for their board so I'll write it here.

We go to Jamaica every year and usually stay at CN or CSA. We are Romance Rewards repeaters at the highest level so this isn't a first time review slamming the resort..and I guess I'm not slamming it, but am very disappointed and probably will not go back.

So, the first 5 days it rained constantly, which was a bummer, especially at CN because it's so small and not a lot to do. It wasn't cold rain, of course so we explored as much as we could.

So, let's see. The beach: very very disappointing! It wasn't as pristine as it usually is. We thought it was because of the storm but when we ventured over to CSA we noticed their beach was awesomely clean and pristine, even though they had the same rain. A lot of seaweed in the water and on the beach at CN. Also, it was littered with cigarette butts. Not just on the beach. Throughout the grounds. We saw a heck of a lot more trash than we ever have. Normally when we go there it's spotless. We would walk to our room, look down and find candy wrappers and other sorts of trash in the bushes and flowers. It's like people figured they could just throw their trash anywhere and someone would pick it up. Well, it wasn't. My husband would be the one to pick it up and throw it away, not the employees.

EEGod...the music was just plain awful. Dinner music that is. First night we heard Lady Gaga 4 times. We also heard Whitney Houston and quite a few songs from music my 13 year old listens to. Where's the Roots, Rock, REGGAE, Couples? Felt very Cruise Ship Karaoke.

So, we are big into kayaking. It felt more like DisneyWorld kayaking though. We got scolded for going out longer than 40 minutes. Treated like children. We had to talk to management about letting us go out longer, AND leave the bay. We had to do a whole song and dance and they finally realized we could handle it. So, they decided to let us go...as long as we didn't go to Cuba. Water sports also told us that the majority of their guests were very unhealthy so they basically had to babysit them and that was why they were so strict at first. So, that got resolved but was annoying at first. Really wishing we had brought our own Kayak...I'm sure they couldn't tell us when and where to go then.

The food was great as usual but we got so sick of breakfast being the same everyday. So many times we just skipped breakfast because of it. Also, practically the same desserts every day. They didn't really change it up too much.

Annoyed at the Couples chain for supporting the non-local Time Square mall. We were told by the local vendors, the Bus driver to the mall and couples employees NOT to shop there because they were all owned by Indians and the locals didn't get any love or support. So, I find it ridiculous that Couples would support this...especially since they "claim" so much to give back to the community.

The vibe of the resort just screamed un-health. It felt like I was resorting in an ashtray. Also, people seemed to just gorge themselves until they couldn't walk. Just because the food and drinks are paid for doesn't mean you have to eat and drink until you puke. People seemed to be too lazy to throw away their cig butts..and way too lazy to get off their butts to get their own drinks. I felt so bad for those sweating employees in their long black pants walking the beach because people just couldn't get up out of their chairs. Pathetic.

There seemed to be a ho-hum vibe throughout the resort. We noticed people just didn't seem happy. Probably because they were so unhealthy. We even had a hard time raising our energy because the energy of the resort itself was depressing.

I heard NO more times on this trip than I ever have at a Couples resort. No, too early for rum cream..(even though at CSA if you wanted it they would get it for you). No, we don't have a milk alternative..although other employees told us they did. We were told that if we could get coconut milk (or soy..but we don't drink soy) if we asked. We were told just to write it on the slip for room service. We did. They took the tag off the door and then never brought breakfast at all. I think they were too confused by the order. We were just told too many different things. It's like nobody knew what was really going on and they didn't take the time to find out. Every other time we went if we requested something, we got it...or at least got an answer. Not this year. They would just say, NO and not even find out if NO was the right answer. UMM>..aren't we on an island that has an abundance of coconuts and you can not even get coconut milk? Well, maybe you can. Some told us yes, some told us no...but needless to say, we never got any milk alternative and just spent the week in misery because of all the dairy in their food.

Water Sports. Snorkeling. We were told that all we had to do was ask if we could go somewhere different and we would be able to. They supposedly like to take you to different places. First time, went to island. Second time, went to island even though we asked if we could go somewhere different. They said no. So, we decided to go the third time. Guess where they decided to go? The island. We asked again if we could change it up. NO. So, we got off the boat..which they weren't too happy about, but whatever. Seriously, don't tell people one thing when it's not the truth.

Went to do Yoga since it was on the schedule and nobody showed up to teach it.

Basically, if you are a fit healthy person with a lot of energy, don't go to CN. We were a bit bored. Good thing for cabs and kayaks. If you just love to plop your bum at the pool bar and drink until you pass out and spend most of your time at the buffet, then go there.

Had some wonderful ITAL food at Office of Nature. We are vegetarians so we explored Negril and found some amazing food. (way better than the dairy induced coma food you get at the resort). We met some amazing peeps in Jamaica...talked herbs with a bunch of them. (not ganja but legal herbs that you use for health and cooking). Learned so much more.

So, with that...has anyone ever been to Zimbali retreats? We were thinking of trying that next time. Health is big for us so we have to try something new. Think we've outgrown Couples.

7  Thank DandMAsheville
Reviewed 7 May 2012

There are no words to describe the most wonderful experience we had ! The second you get off that bus(prepare for the long bus ride to the resort)and step foot on the resort it just unreal ! I have never been treated and enjoyed the staff at a resort like we did at couples they are absolutely wonderful ! The atmosphere was just right the whole time and you could help but be more than happy and have a smile on your face the whole time ! The activities that are offered are awesome they guides and instructors are there for you – we have paid a lot of money to get the activities much less the quality at other locations and at couples they are included ! We are planning our anniversary trip right now and there is no way we could go anywhere else !

4  Thank Payton H